Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Boucher didn't make the team. He could get a special invitation but I don't see it. They wanted a 3 year commitment and I don't think he could do it.

The list of guys that made the cut are here:
    https://www.basketball.ca/news/athle...-core-revealed
    I don't think Boucher is at the level of which we would make an exception for him .. My question Andrew Nembhard has seen a lot
    time with the Senior Team . He should be given some consideration ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I don't think Boucher is at the level of which we would make an exception for him .. My question Andrew Nembhard has seen a lot
      time with the Senior Team . He should be given some consideration ..
      Boucher is a big and the team needs bigs. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an exception.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What do we have then? SGA, Murray, Barrett, Brooks, Dort, Boucher, Clarke, Powell, Olynyk would all be locks I am guessing. That's 9. Then you've got Alexander-Walker, Mathurin, Nemhard, Joseph, Brissett, Lyles.

Wiggins would be a lock but he's opted out as far as I know. Would like to Scrubb make the team. How big is the roster? 12 or 15? Going to be some really good players that don't make the team.
        I think that Olynyk could be one of the most important players for us this summer. If one of our top guards/wings can't make it we have tonnes of depth at those positions. Up front we a re super thin as mentioned, and most of our bigs are limited. KO brings a great FIBA skill set and legit 6'11" size.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Big achievement for Zach Edey!!

Comment

• Zach is one of the finalists for the Wooden Award. And the odds are he's winning it. Still thinks he ends up being drafted in the 2nd round. But likely the best collegiate season for a Canadian player ever.

Comment

• I like Edey and think he will be a better NBA prospect than a lot of the mock drafts are giving him. Has all the tools to succeed and I think will be a steal for whoever drafts him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Big achievement for Zach Edey!!

he's probably the favorite to win both player of the year awards, but i wouldn't say being named player of the year by the fella who writes for that blog is a particularly big achievement.

Comment

• SGA back and picking up right where he left off. Our backcourt is going to rival any team in the world.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• What can't the 7'4 Purdue star Zach Edey do? He can do it ALL ?? | College GameDay - YouTube

This guy is making a name for himself .. It seems I always see being talking about in the U.S college media .

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      SGA back and picking up right where he left off. Our backcourt is going to rival any team in the world.
                      Yes I saw the Thunder won and oh yea SGA is back that is why ..

Comment

• I keep reading about doubts Nick Nurse will be back next year . Lets say that he isn't coming back . Will that effect his enthusiasm to coach team Canada ? Just curious is MLSE and Canada basketball's relationship the reason why Nick took the job ( is it built in his salary ? )

Comment

I keep reading about doubts Nick Nurse will be back next year . Lets say that he isn't coming back . Will that effect his enthusiasm to coach team Canada ? Just curious is MLSE and Canada basketball's relationship the reason why Nick took the job ( is it built in his salary ? )
                          He gets paid to coach team Canada by Canada, not the Raptors. I'm sure he has a contract he has to honor that runs through the Olympics.

Comment

I keep reading about doubts Nick Nurse will be back next year . Lets say that he isn't coming back . Will that effect his enthusiasm to coach team Canada ? Just curious is MLSE and Canada basketball's relationship the reason why Nick took the job ( is it built in his salary ? )
                            Does it really matter if Nurse is coaching Team Canada? The main goal is to get the talent to show up (i.e. SGA, Murray, Barrett, etc...).

We had 10X the talent of any team in the 2020 Victoria Olympic qualifying tournament and we got beat by Tomas Satoransky and some random Amerian-born scrub named Schilb, who never even played for the Czech national team until recently.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Does it really matter if Nurse is coaching Team Canada? The main goal is to get the talent to show up (i.e. SGA, Murray, Barrett, etc...).

We had 10X the talent of any team in the 2020 Victoria Olympic qualifying tournament and we got beat by Tomas Satoransky and some random Amerian-born scrub named Schilb, who never even played for the Czech national team until recently.
                              Yeah it doesn't matter who coaches
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah it doesn't matter who coaches
                                The Canadian guy, Herbert, who coached the German team and won medal in Euros made a difference with much lesser talent. He has a FIBA experience.

If we can give Nurse the stacked Team Canada we are capable of producing, then I think he can also medal.

Comment

Working...
                                X