• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    NBA.com showing some respect today:

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt3c
    Great article. Recommend reading!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Great article. Recommend reading!
      Great article for sure. Provides a lot of background as to why Canada is doing so well wrt players in the NBA.

Comment

• Canada will play Croatia tonight at 2:30pm et!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Canada will play Croatia tonight at 2:30pm et!
          Canada loses 69-65. Brady Heslip is again the leading scorer with 16. Sacre had 12 points plus 8 rebounds. Olynyk threw up a goose egg. Dario Saric had 14 points and 6 rebounds in 22 minutes.

from Twitter: http://probballreport.com/team-canad...oatia-updates/

Comment

• no one seem to be logging any heavy minutes, seems like the trip so far has been a good one for the program.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Wonder what was Kelly's problem in that game?

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                no one seem to be logging any heavy minutes, seems like the trip so far has been a good one for the program.
                Not trying to be negative, but I'm not really sure how much real and valuable experience we can get out of these "friendlies". We're playing teams who are tuning up for the world championships. Obviously, our opponents are not playing all out to win and neither are we. I read somewhere that Jay and Steve Nash wanted to spread out minutes, but the problem with that is that isn't what happens in the real game when you're trying to win. And we also aren't seeing the real tactics that teams experienced in international play use when they are actually trying to win. I suppose there is some value to having guys build chemistry and getting to know the system of play. But IMO, we're really paying the price for sucking badly last year at the FIBA Americas tournament and not qualifying for the worlds this year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  ...I read somewhere that Jay and Steve Nash wanted to spread out minutes, but the problem with that is that isn't what happens in the real game when you're trying to win...
                  Worst case scenario, the guys playing get to see the European/International style of ball, the international reffing, and the coaches get to try different combos against real teams competing. I don't think any of those teams want to lose against Canada, so the intensity of competition should be high.

Comment

• Triano rested 4 of 5 NBA players in today's 74-59 loss. Canada played the second of 6 games on consecutive days. Andrew Nicholson led Canada with 16 points.

Story

Box score:

Last edited by stretch; Sat Aug 2, 2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Canada loses a close one to Italy 74-71. Bargnani grabbed 18 rebounds and blocked 4 shots!

....just kidding about the Bargnani thing. I don't know if he played.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        Canada loses a close one to Italy 74-71. Bargnani grabbed 18 rebounds and blocked 4 shots!

....just kidding about the Bargnani thing. I don't know if he played.
                        Canada loses I can cut and paste on this thread ... I was hoping this tour would show FIBA they screwed up by not picking Canada

Comment

• Canada wins! 84-66 over Bosnia. The record on this European tour is 3 wins and five losses.

Spain is on for tomorrow, Canada playing on its' fifth consecutive day.

Comment

• FINAL: 82-70, Spain beats Canada.

Comment

• CANADA WINS 72 to 66 OVER #7 RANKED TURKEY

Comment

• CANADA WINS 72 to 66 OVER #7 RANKED TURKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X