X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket= Life in India.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I think that's being a little dramatic. Just for the pure reason of being that huge, it makes him valuable. You can't teach Tall.
      This is an incredibly dated argument. There's a reason why in the UFC the best heavyweights are closer to 240 than 300 pounds. After a person gets to a certain size/height/weight it begins to have a negative athletic impact. Waiting until he was trying to be drafted until he tried to cut that weight is not a good thing. His body has been taxed and beaten up from carrying all that unneeded extra poundage for so many years. To be honest, he's still too large to be a professional athlete.

Also, no one knows if he is athletic enough to play the game. There could be a Shawn Bradley underneath there, a Yinka Dare, or a Manute Bol. But who can tell? In a capped league, teams shouldn't be wasting valuable camp spots on gambles for minimal PR. Seriously, who wants the 1st South Asian player, when in 6 years some kid from Brampton is going to come up and make this kid look like a joke? What makes Lin important is his talent. Want PR? Find a kid with talent and cultivate that. Not height.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Bhullarsanity?
        Simsanity!

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          This is an incredibly dated argument. There's a reason why in the UFC the best heavyweights are closer to 240 than 300 pounds. After a person gets to a certain size/height/weight it begins to have a negative athletic impact. Waiting until he was trying to be drafted until he tried to cut that weight is not a good thing. His body has been taxed and beaten up from carrying all that unneeded extra poundage for so many years. To be honest, he's still too large to be a professional athlete.

Also, no one knows if he is athletic enough to play the game. There could be a Shawn Bradley underneath there, a Yinka Dare, or a Manute Bol. But who can tell? In a capped league, teams shouldn't be wasting valuable camp spots on gambles for minimal PR. Seriously, who wants the 1st South Asian player, when in 6 years some kid from Brampton is going to come up and make this kid look like a joke? What makes Lin important is his talent. Want PR? Find a kid with talent and cultivate that. Not height.
          Once again, I think its a little dramatic and exaggerated to say he doesn't have talent.
          His sophomore season he averaged 10.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game; is a two-time WAC tournament MVP; and he helped New Mexico State reach the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Once again, I think its a little dramatic and exaggerated to say he doesn't have talent.
            His sophomore season he averaged 10.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game; is a two-time WAC tournament MVP; and he helped New Mexico State reach the NCAA Tournament.
            Obviously when I say he has no talent it is relative to the skills needed to play in the NBA. Bhullar is a talented basketball player. However, he has yet to display the list of skills needed to play center in the NBA. Things like lateral agility, ability to show on a pick and roll, etc. Bhullar's NCAA career involved camping in the key and little else defensively.

That's like having a point guard who can't split a screen trying to get a job in the NBA. THAT would never happen, unless a team had a poor scouting team. So why is it that people think Bhullar has any potential to be an NBA player? He's done nothing to prove that he deserves a camp spot. And why would a team, in a cap system invest any money into a player like that?

In comparison, anyone could have picked up Lin. Heck, I watched a couple of his Harvard games, and his summer league stint (he and Wall were the 2 best PGs that year). He could have been had. So will the next one.

This is the same as people wanting Canadians on the Raps for the sake of having Canadians without consideration to talent.

Comment

• The Minnesota Timberwolves will sign Brady Heslip to a camp deal, according to a source.

The Wolves were impressed with Heslip's play in the Summer League

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                The Minnesota Timberwolves will sign Brady Heslip to a camp deal, according to a source.

The Wolves were impressed with Heslip's play in the Summer League
                Brady was the leading scorer on the recent national team European tour on a team with 4 NBA roster players. Problem is Minnesota has 18 on the roster already. The Raptors could use a 3 point shooter like Heslip.

Comment

• Tristan Thompson will seek a contract that begins at $11 million per season

Really 11 million per season ? Is he even in the starting 5

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    Brady was the leading scorer on the recent national team European tour on a team with 4 NBA roster players. Problem is Minnesota has 18 on the roster already. The Raptors could use a 3 point shooter like Heslip.
                    I Have seen Brady live a couple of times ... He always seems like a kid among men ... You watch warm ups and he is among giants who are dunking all over the place ... Then game plays out and there is Brady who is among the stat leaders at the end of the game .. 2013 summer he was playing with Cdn national team which had 4 NBA players but it was Brady who was the leading scorer .. He is such a confident player even when his shots aren't going in ...

Comment

Tristan Thompson will seek a contract that begins at $11 million per season

Really 11 million per season ? Is he even in the starting 5
                      Looooool he'd gonna be a RFA and no team is giving him that
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Looooool he'd gonna be a RFA and no team is giving him that
                        Not unless Cleveland does, just cause he shares Lebron's agent. But yeah it's pretty ridiculous. He won't be starting 5 and has plateaued hard the last couple years. I would say 7 or 8 mil a year at the most, and that would be an overpay.

Also, Ed Davis is getting paid the minimum.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                          Not unless Cleveland does, just cause he shares Lebron's agent. But yeah it's pretty ridiculous. He won't be starting 5 and has plateaued hard the last couple years. I would say 7 or 8 mil a year at the most, and that would be an overpay.

Also, Ed Davis is getting paid the minimum.
                          Patterson signed a 3 year 18 million dollar contract .. Who would you rather have ?

Comment

Patterson signed a 3 year 18 million dollar contract .. Who would you rather have ?
                            This is a good question.
                            Some key points:
                            Tristan is exactly 2 years younger than Patterson.
                            Patterson is the better shooter with range to 3
                            Tristan is the better rebounder (very good offensive rebounder)
                            Patterson is more mobile hedging the pick and role.
                            Thomson plays like a real big.
                            Patterson is better at pick and pop game
                            Tristan is better at pick and role finishing.
                            Both measure about same size and length.

I think if you need a power forward to play like and old school big, Thompson in the pick, if you need a stretch 4 Patterson is the guy. I would like to see what, if anything Thompson has added to his game this summer before making a final choice.....but I am leaning towards having TT over PP due to what I perceive as being a tougher player....but not sure how he fits offensively with JV.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              This is a good question.
                              Some key points:
                              Tristan is exactly 2 years younger than Patterson.
                              Patterson is the better shooter with range to 3
                              Tristan is the better rebounder (very good offensive rebounder)
                              Patterson is more mobile hedging the pick and role.
                              Thomson plays like a real big.
                              Patterson is better at pick and pop game
                              Tristan is better at pick and role finishing.
                              Both measure about same size and length.

I think if you need a power forward to play like and old school big, Thompson in the pick, if you need a stretch 4 Patterson is the guy. I would like to see what, if anything Thompson has added to his game this summer before making a final choice.....but I am leaning towards having TT over PP due to what I perceive as being a tougher player....but not sure how he fits offensively with JV.
                              Tristan is seems plays more like Amir Johnson more then Patrick Patterson ... Amir seems more athletic then Tristian ... Amir is at the 7 million range ..

Comment

• While 12 mil may be a little too much for Thompson, 7 mil is undervaluing him. He is the 6th best offensive rebounder in the entire league, all 5 guys ahead of him played more minutes per game as well. He is also the 19th best rebounder in the league, playing the 4th least minutes of the guys in the top 20....pretty good for a 23 year old.

He will more than likely take a dip in production with James and Love now in Cleveland, but what he learns from those guys would be super valuable to any team that could sign him away.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X