No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great News. All credit to the women on the team and their coaches and staff.

Comment

• Our women beat China too. 5th place finish isn't so bad!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Our women beat China too. 5th place finish isn't so bad!
        That's a great result considering that they were without one of their very best players, Natalie Achonwa (torn ACL).

Comment

• Yeah, awesome result for the ladies!

Comment

• With a roster which is now stacked it was nice to see Tristan Thompson get a 14 pt 13 board night ... Nik first preseason game in front of family and friends looked a bit nervous but still managed a good 12 point night .

Ah yea great result for our Canadian women !! Damm those American women do they ever lose ? i did enjoy watching women play on Raptor TV

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Tristan Thompson is a rotation big at best or a starter on the 76ers. Nobody is gonna pay a mediocre player 11mill per year to just grab rebounds and finish dunks like a garbage man.
              Kenneth Faried has agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract extension with the Denver Nuggets, according to sources.

The deal includes a partial guarantee in the fifth year that assures Faried he will make no less than $52 million over the life of the contract.

Faried averaged 13.7 points and 8.6 rebounds last season and played an integral role for Team USA in the FIBA World Cup over the summer.

How does Tristan compare to Faried

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                With a roster which is now stacked it was nice to see Tristan Thompson get a 14 pt 13 board night ... Nik first preseason game in front of family and friends looked a bit nervous but still managed a good 12 point night .
                Khem Birch got 17 minutes in the first preseason game for Miami. 4pts, 4rbs (3 offensive), to go with an assist, block, and steal. He's got a solid shot at making the team as the fifth big behind Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem, and Andersen.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Khem Birch got 17 minutes in the first preseason game for Miami. 4pts, 4rbs (3 offensive), to go with an assist, block, and steal. He's got a solid shot at making the team as the fifth big behind Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem, and Andersen.
                  I do recall it was the Heat that gave a somewhat unknown Canadian who played at UNLV a shot and his Joel Anthony ..

Comment

• Andrew Wiggins !! Debut tonight with the Wolves ..

Comment

• Wow how does a team who finishes 5th go down in Wprld Rankings

http://www.fiba.com/rankingwomen

Comment

I do recall it was the Heat that gave a somewhat unknown Canadian who played at UNLV a shot and his Joel Anthony ..
                        Khem Birch is not an unknown. He was a McDonald's All American and number 12 on the ESPN 100 of top high school recruits of 2011.

Comment

Wow how does a team who finishes 5th go down in Wprld Rankings

http://www.fiba.com/rankingwomen
                          It's new cycle.

"Whenever a new championship is played the oldest championship of that category drops out. The FIBA Ranking is then recalculated."

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Khem Birch is not an unknown. He was a McDonald's All American and number 12 on the ESPN 100 of top high school recruits of 2011.
                            I think maybe unknown is kinda harsh ... I am a Canadian hoops junkie and so I knew of him for a long time ... How about replace unknown to undrafted in my post ..

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              It's new cycle.

"Whenever a new championship is played the oldest championship of that category drops out. The FIBA Ranking is then recalculated."
                              I can buy that but Canada finished 1-7 in last World's ( 2010 ) in 12th position

Comment

I can buy that but Canada finished 1-7 in last World's ( 2010 ) in 12th position
                                I think FIBA uses a dart board or rock, paper, scissors for rankings.

Comment

Working...
                                X