Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Luckily phoenix is planning on playing 2 pgs most of the game. Hell they may experiment with 3 @ once Hornacek is an outside the box kind of coach. Ennis will get his chance by next season. For now hes probably backup pg for canada but 2020 is our year to really try and upset Spain and usa for gold anyways.
    2020 is for the Gold, but we could compete for a medal in 2016 if everyone plays.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      2020 is for the Gold, but we could compete for a medal in 2016 if everyone plays.
      Canada is in tough to qualify for Rio. That's what Steve Nash is saying. I agree.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Canada is in tough to qualify for Rio. That's what Steve Nash is saying. I agree.
        I agree too. We need everyone to play. I think that's why Nash is saying that. It's a big difference if Wiggins, Bennett, Olynyk, Stauskas, and Ennis are on the team or not.

Comment

• Not one of the players mentioned much in this thread (as a current player). Too bad, if true.

Comment

• I'm curious about how the program treats the Pan American games: they're in July in Toronto next year (ending about a week ahead of FIBA). It might be worth Canada treating it as a warm-up series, ride home-court advantage into a bit of momentum and confidence, and use playing infront of a home-town crowd as extra incentive for these guys to come out. It basically means a 1 month plus commitment, though. At the very least, they could field a full team of international guys for Pan-Am, see who looks ready, and then swap in the half-dozen or so NBA guys after the Pan-Ams, before the FIBA Americas.

Comment

• Should Raptors trade Landry Fields ( he will never play ) for Steve Nash ( he will never play ) and so Nash can retire in a Raptors organization ?

It would be a paper transaction ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Should Raptors trade Landry Fields ( he will never play ) for Steve Nash ( he will never play ) and so Nash can retire in a Raptors organization ?

It would be a paper transaction ...
                no. It would ne stupid in a lot of ways. Mainly that fields is still a warm body and one of the best cutters and team defenders in basketball. What happens if our wings suffer huge injuries? Even without injuries casey will use him for a few minutes here and there based on thr situation, nice havingall those options on the bench.

Plus, masai is in the business of winning bball games, not the "aww isn't that cute" business. Furthermore, why would nash give a rats ass about retiring a raptor he's from bc with no affiliation to the team he had a chance to sign here and didn't.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

no. It would ne stupid in a lot of ways. Mainly that fields is still a warm body and one of the best cutters and team defenders in basketball. What happens if our wings suffer huge injuries? Even without injuries casey will use him for a few minutes here and there based on thr situation, nice havingall those options on the bench.

Plus, masai is in the business of winning bball games, not the "aww isn't that cute" business. Furthermore, why would nash give a rats ass about retiring a raptor he's from bc with no affiliation to the team he had a chance to sign here and didn't.
                  Thank raptor jesus.

Comment

Thankfully Nash saved us from Colangelo and decided to NOT sign with us
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Dwight Powell ended up being on Boston's fifteen man roster. Birch was the last cut for Miami. Heslip and Bhullar were unsurprising cuts for Minnesota and Sacramento (although Bhullar's been given a d-league spot). Seems like a lot of Miami fans are pissed off about Birch getting cut; not surprising, given that he's one of those lunchbucket, defense and rebounding guys that fans are quick to root for.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Dwight Powell ended up being on Boston's fifteen man roster. Birch was the last cut for Miami. Heslip and Bhullar were unsurprising cuts for Minnesota and Sacramento (although Bhullar's been given a d-league spot). Seems like a lot of Miami fans are pissed off about Birch getting cut; not surprising, given that he's one of those lunchbucket, defense and rebounding guys that fans are quick to root for.
                        Maybe we could sign Birch next year.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          Maybe we could sign Birch next year.
                          Or cut the excuse of a backup center and sign him...

Comment

• NBA opening day rosters have 13 Canucks on them by my count: Powell, Olynyk, Dalembert, Joseph, Thompson, Anthony, Wiggins, Bennett, Stauskas, Ennis, Nicholson, Sacre, and Nash (still collecting a pay cheque but not playing).

Without research, I believe that is the biggest total yet for Canadians. Looking at the list more closely, that's a lot of part time players and scrubs, not one average NBA regular, stats wise, in the whole list. Of the current group, I think Stauskas and Wiggins could someday be average NBA starters.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              I'm curious about how the program treats the Pan American games: they're in July in Toronto next year (ending about a week ahead of FIBA). It might be worth Canada treating it as a warm-up series, ride home-court advantage into a bit of momentum and confidence, and use playing infront of a home-town crowd as extra incentive for these guys to come out. It basically means a 1 month plus commitment, though. At the very least, they could field a full team of international guys for Pan-Am, see who looks ready, and then swap in the half-dozen or so NBA guys after the Pan-Ams, before the FIBA Americas.
                              That makes great sense to me!
                              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Our team's getting pretty stacked...

Pg: Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis
                                SG: Nik Stauskas
                                SF: Andrew Wiggins, Andrew Nicholson
                                PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Khem Birch
                                C: Kelly Olynyk, Robert Sacre, Joel Anthony, Jordan Bachynski/Sim Bhullar

Probably forgetting some, but it seems like we should compete for a medal in the 2016 Olympics
                                Agreed!
                                Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Working...
                                X