Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    He's also the only ACC freshman to lead his team in scoring, assists, and steals. Canada on the up and up!

Comment

Incredible. I've had my eye on this guy for a couple years now, but man ... that is impressive.

If that were NBA Jam the whole building woulda burnt down from so much FIRE.

Comment

His pull up 3 is insanely quick wow
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Damn, I really didn't know much about Wiltjer, and had never even heard of Hanlan or Rathan-Mayes. Things are definitely looking great for the future of Canada Basketball.
          He red shirted and so out of sight out of mind but his dad was a great Canadian baller when he was young and he had a lot of hype coming out of HS

It seems George Karl has no time for Stuakis ( sorry for spelling ) .. I see a lot of DNP since he took over

Comment

• Man that was epic. So many nutso looking shots.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Yeah so many of xrm's threes were nba-depth with hands in his face. Really impressive.

Regarding stauskas, I hope he gets sent down to d-league, he needs the shots to start falling to get his confidence back. Malone had way more patience than the interim coach or Karl.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                Yeah so many of xrm's threes were nba-depth with hands in his face. Really impressive.

Regarding stauskas, I hope he gets sent down to d-league, he needs the shots to start falling to get his confidence back. Malone had way more patience than the interim coach or Karl.
                Yep. Karl was brought in with the expectation of winning and making the team better. Playing a rookie who is struggling is obviously not something he'd be interested in.

Comment

• So it looks like Andrew Nicholson is getting some burn under the new head coach in Orlando.

Btw you guys should really read the description. This guy has the best descriptions I've ever read, I laughed pretty hard at this one. How does this guy come up with this stuff? Its pure gold hahaha

Comment

• Is anyone going to see Canada at the pan am games? Any idea what the tickets are like? I just looked for july 22nd against argentina and there are just general admission seats for the mid level price. are most seats general admission. any ideas?

Comment

• Rick Pitino will be coaching the Puerto Rico national team this summer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-national-team

Puerto Rico has named Louisville coach Rick Pitino to coach its national team in two international tournaments this summer.

The Hall of Fame coach will lead Puerto Rico during the Pan American Games in Toronto July 21-25. He will also coach the squad in a 10-team, pre-Olympic FIBA qualifying tournament Aug. 25-Sept. 5 in Monterrey, Mexico.

During Monday's news conference that included national team officials Joel Katz and Fernando Quinones, Pitino said, "I'm looking forward to putting in the unique style of play that hopefully will get the team over the hump" in international play.

Training will begin July 1 in Puerto Rico and will include August workouts in Louisville.

Comment

• Comment

Rick Pitino will be coaching the Puerto Rico national team this summer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-national-team
                          Nice find. If Triano doesn't pan out, then I don't see why the next hire has to be Canadian. Lot's of great coaches out there, in NCAA, Europe, retired or between jobs worth a look.

Comment

• If everyone plays, and we qualify, what do you guys see as a realistic goal for the 2016 olympics?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              If everyone plays, and we qualify, what do you guys see as a realistic goal for the 2016 olympics?
                              Making the 2nd knockout round would be a good goal. Go from there.

Just trying to extrapolate our personnel's abilities from this year to next year.

Stauskas I hope especially gets going next year, we could really use somebody like him if he's working towards his potential.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                If everyone plays, and we qualify, what do you guys see as a realistic goal for the 2016 olympics?
                                Contend for the bronze if we make it. It's still going to be tough to make it so I think we'll look pretty good if we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X