No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thon Maker, Top High School Recruit, Is Enormous And Already Has Awesome Highlight Video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...zergnet_138595

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Thon Maker, Top High School Recruit, Is Enormous And Already Has Awesome Highlight Video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...zergnet_138595
      Wonder what nation he will play for ?

Comment

• Now that the season is over, let's see how all the Canadian NBA players did this year:

Andrew Wiggins, SF/SG
        36.2 min, 16.9 pts, 4.6 rb, 2.1 ast, 1.0 stl, .517 TS%, 13.9 PER

Tristan Thompson, PF/C
        26.8 min, 8.5 pts, 8 reb, .580 TS%, 15.6 PER, 121 ORtg, 106 DRtg

Anthony Bennett, PF/SF
        15.7 min, 5.2 pts, 3.8 reb, .458 TS%, 11.4 PER

Tyler Ennis, PG
        14.1 min, 4 pts, 1.1 reb, 2.4 ast, .395 TS%, 6.6 PER, 104 DRtg

Cory Jospeh, PG
        18.3 min, 6.8 pts, 2.4 reb, 2.4 ast, .364 3pt%, .564 TS%, 15.5 PER, 115 ORtg, 104 DRtg

Andrew Nicholson, PF
        12.3 min, 4.9 pts, 2.1 reb, .483 TS%, 10.3 PER

Kelly Olynick, PF/C
        22.2 min, 10.3 pts, 4.8 reb, 1.7 ast, 1 stl, .349 3pts%, .558 TS%, 15.9 PER, 106 ORtg, 102 DRtg

Dwight Powell, PF
        9.5 min, 3.4 pts, 2 reb, .535 TS%, 13 PER, 112 ORtg, 106 DRtg

Nik Stauskas, SG
        15.4 min, 4.4 pts, 1.2 reb, .492 TS%, 7.5 PER

I just threw in whatever stats I felt important, and left out guys who barely played like Bhullar and Joel Anthony.

If I had to guess a depth chart for Canada NBA, here it is:

PG: Corey Jospeph, Tyler Ennis
        SG: Nik Stauskas
        SF: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett
        PF: Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson
        C: Kelly Olynick, Dwight Powell

All really young guys still on their way up. Future looks bright.

Comment

• Wiggins will absolutely tear it up in international competition. I always remember seeing Vasquez kill it for Venezuela and Wiggins is much much better than Vasquez
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Wiggins will absolutely tear it up in international competition. I always remember seeing Vasquez kill it for Venezuela and Wiggins is much much better than Vasquez
            Carlos Arroyo would always tear it up for Puerto Rico too.

Comment

• I'm really excited to see what Corey Joseph can do in a leading role. I think Triano will look to take advantage of his high IQ, and the fact that the Spurs play a pretty "internation" style game. Joseph was killing it when Parker went down, and if Wiggins isn't playing (which I think he will be) Joseph should be our #1.

Apparently Corey Joseph took the Championship Trophy up to the top of the CN Tower .. I did not know this .. that's pretty awesome.
              Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 16, 2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Wiggins will absolutely tear it up in international competition. I always remember seeing Vasquez kill it for Venezuela and Wiggins is much much better than Vasquez
                Primer wrote: View Post
                Carlos Arroyo would always tear it up for Puerto Rico too.
                It is easier to tear up completion when your a PG in FIBA ( in other words to have huge impact ) ... Canada had it's greatest success when our PG was the best player on the floor ... Wiggins defense can have a lot of influence ...

Andy Rautins , Brady Heslip , Nik Stauskas 3 point strengths will light it up for Team Canada ..

Comment

• What I like about our (potential) roster is that it seems to fit well together. We have some bigs that are floor spacers like, Olynyk, Nicholson, and Powell. We have some bigs that are more traditional bangers like Thompson, Sacre, and Bachinski. We have some shooter on the wing in Stauskas, English, Rautins, and Heslip, and some athleticism in Wiggins. The PG has depth as well with Joseph, Ennis, Anderson.

Add in to the mix all the young NCAA/CIS guys coming up and we have nice depth and ballance.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    It is easier to tear up completion when your a PG in FIBA ( in other words to have huge impact ) ... Canada had it's greatest success when our PG was the best player on the floor ... Wiggins defense can have a lot of influence ...

Andy Rautins , Brady Heslip , Nik Stauskas 3 point strengths will light it up for Team Canada ..
                    Not just PG's, big men tear it up in International competition too. Look at Gustavo Ayon in last years FIBA America's. He's barely an NBA player and he destroyed it at the FIBA America's. International competition is just way easier than the NBA, so fringe NBA guys looks awesome. When Canada has legit NBA guys out there, I expect they will dominate.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Not just PG's, big men tear it up in International competition too. Look at Gustavo Ayon in last years FIBA America's. He's barely an NBA player and he destroyed it at the FIBA America's. International competition is just way easier than the NBA, so fringe NBA guys looks awesome. When Canada has legit NBA guys out there, I expect they will dominate.
                      TT will murder the offensive glass
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• If I remember correctly TT struggled last year in international competition while Nichelson looked like a seasoned scorer. It is kind of disappointing Andrew does not put forth a better effort on the defensive side of the ball in the NBA.

Comment

• Nicholson looked great when he was on, but as I remember it, he had a lot of trouble getting used to how the fouls were called and was frustrated and working through foul trouble for a lot of the tournament.

But I think the number of stretch big-men Canada can put out is a real advantage over most teams, at least at the FIBA Americas level. Between Nicholson, Olynyk, Powell, Lyles, and Wiltjer, that could be the bread-and-butter of this program for this generation.

Comment

• Powell got some minutes and appeared to be doing well foo awhile any reason why he lost his minutes?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              FIBA Americas is never easy for Canada, which is ranked 25th in FIBA world rankings and 7th in FIBA Americas. It's easy for the competition to get motivated to play against rich NBA players not used to the grind of playing on four consecutive days in a hostile environment.
                              Last edited by stretch; Sat Apr 18, 2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                Powell got some minutes and appeared to be doing well foo awhile any reason why he lost his minutes?
                                If you are talking about with Dallas, I think he was able to take advantage of some injuries on the roster, once the older guys got back healthy he went back down to the NBADL. In the D he average 26 ppg on 60% from the field and over 39% from 3.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X