Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    If you are talking about with Dallas, I think he was able to take advantage of some injuries on the roster, once the older guys got back healthy he went back down to the NBADL. In the D he average 26 ppg on 60% from the field and over 39% from 3.
    Carlisle likes rookies as much as Casey. He isn't a fan

Comment

• Josepth will be well rested for Team Canada this summer ... Pops has shortened his bench and he isn't getting minutes

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        FIBA Americas is never easy for Canada, which is ranked 25th in FIBA world rankings and 7th in FIBA Americas. It's easy for the competition to get motivated to play against rich NBA players not used to the grind of playing on four consecutive days in a hostile environment.
        FIBA Americas was never easy for Canada because we had some of the worst players in the tournament. Team Canada's talent level was laughable until the last FIBA Americas, and even then it wasn't great (hence our 7th place finish). With the guys on the roster this year we should steamroll the competition at FIBA Americas.

Comment

• There are two spots from FIBA Americas, right?

What confuses me is I see Brazil listed as a team in the tournament. Didn't they automatically qualify for a spot by being the host nation for the Olympics? I don't get it. What happens if they finish in one of the top two spots?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            There are two spots from FIBA Americas, right?

What confuses me is I see Brazil listed as a team in the tournament. Didn't they automatically qualify for a spot by being the host nation for the Olympics? I don't get it. What happens if they finish in one of the top two spots?
            Brazil does get an automatic bid and as such will probably field a team of bench players and young guys at FIBA Americas. I think if they get 1st or 2nd then the 3rd place team gets the Olympic bid. I assume this because the Olympics is all about getting equal amounts of countries from each region + the home country. It's why terrible teams from the south pacific get in the Olympics each year over more highly qualified European teams.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Brazil does get an automatic bid and as such will probably field a team of bench players and young guys at FIBA Americas. I think if they get 1st or 2nd then the 3rd place team gets the Olympic bid. I assume this because the Olympics is all about getting equal amounts of countries from each region + the home country. It's why terrible teams from the south pacific get in the Olympics each year over more highly qualified European teams.
              Yeah...I figure it's something like that, but without knowing for sure I try to not take it for granted from fucked up organizations like FIBA.

That's a good point about their roster though. They have no incentive to field a good team, and their NBA vets would have no incentive to be on it for any reason. This might be the first time ever that Canada could field the most talented team in a tournament. USA won't play. Brazil probably won't put much effort into it (maybe Bebe and Bruno will get to play!). Argentina is just so old, but I expect they'll still probably be among the top teams. There shouldn't be a juggernaut at this tourney. I'd like to think Canada will just steamroll it, but they're a very young team that hasn't really played together yet. Could be a bumpy road.

Comment

• well hopefully the full strength roster plays in the Pan Am games which will be a good practise tourney/warm up before the important FIBA Americas tourney. I wont say we steamroll through just cause for all the talent we are such a young, unproven team still...

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/w...ifax-no-shows/

bahaha just an FYI for the Canadian Basketball die-hards, this NBLC is a joke and embarrassment. what a bush league. damn this country deserves a proper domestic basketball set-up...hope Butch Carter's CBL is the professional organization that we need.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    If you are talking about with Dallas, I think he was able to take advantage of some injuries on the roster, once the older guys got back healthy he went back down to the NBADL. In the D he average 26 ppg on 60% from the field and over 39% from 3.
                    Thanks those are amazing numbers

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/w...ifax-no-shows/

bahaha just an FYI for the Canadian Basketball die-hards, this NBLC is a joke and embarrassment. what a bush league. damn this country deserves a proper domestic basketball set-up...hope Butch Carter's CBL is the professional organization that we need.
                      Sad...

Comment

• I'm from Windsor and it was ridiculous. Had a bunch of friends at the game and Halifax was fully to blame.

They wanted to practice when it wasn't their allotted time to practice so the Windsor head coach said no and then a fight started, chairs were thrown and the Windsor coach told the stadium guys to cut the lights off. Halifax started the fight and yet they're the ones that said they didn't feel safe.

Whatever, I'll take it. Back to back champs

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          I'm from Windsor and it was ridiculous. Had a bunch of friends at the game and Halifax was fully to blame.

They wanted to practice when it wasn't their allotted time to practice so the Windsor head coach said no and then a fight started, chairs were thrown and the Windsor coach told the stadium guys to cut the lights off. Halifax started the fight and yet they're the ones that said they didn't feel safe.

Whatever, I'll take it. Back to back champs
                          That's some bush league shit ... oh wait ... the NBL basically is the Bush League...

How many people does the Windsor team average? Do you know? Do they draw a crowd?

Comment

• I was turning the dial and came across the NCAA College 3-Point Contest 2015 and noticed Kevin Pangos was one of the contestants and so I remained watching ... Well I was surprised to see him put up 23 23 22 scores and he won the completion ..

Add another shooter if needed to our future Canadian national teams ..

Baylor sharpshooter Brady Heslip was 2014's winner ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              I was turning the dial and came across the NCAA College 3-Point Contest 2015 and noticed Kevin Pangos was one of the contestants and so I remained watching ... Well I was surprised to see him put up 23 23 22 scores and he won the completion ..
                              After he won, he went on to face Cassandra Brown (from British Columbia) the womens 3-point champion, and she schooled him:

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                That's some bush league shit ... oh wait ... the NBL basically is the Bush League...

How many people does the Windsor team average? Do you know? Do they draw a crowd?
                                Last year they didn't but this year there was legit crowds, seeing as they came off of a championship. Hoping this doesn't hurt their crowds next year

Comment

Working...
                                X