Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    I think the big difference is that drafted NBA players have some obligations over the summer with summer leagues and such. This takes away some of their ability to be available for National teams.
    What is the function of Summer League ? To get playing time ? well isn't that what you get when you play for your National team

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      What is the function of Summer League ? To get playing time ? well isn't that what you get when you play for your National team
      To be coached by your coaching staff so there's no shock come training camp.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• There is the business side of summer league whereby teams showcase young players and create some NBA basketball interest with the fan base during the off season.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          There is the business side of summer league whereby teams showcase young players and create some NBA basketball interest with the fan base during the off season.
          that and its also for the players....scouts from every pro league around the world attend, its basically a job interview for the majority of players.

Comment

• The 2016 NBA All star game is in Toronto this year and Wiggins was doing a lot of promotional stuff this week ... Funny they would invite Wiggins but no Raptors at the press Conference ... No evil intentions I am sure but it is just something I noticed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...oots-1.3090368

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              The 2016 NBA All star game is in Toronto this year and Wiggins was doing a lot of promotional stuff this week ... Funny they would invite Wiggins but no Raptors at the press Conference ... No evil intentions I am sure but it is just something I noticed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...oots-1.3090368
              Thee was no one from the Raptors organization there. It was an NBA announcement, not a Raptors announcement. Wiggins in the biggest Canadian star, so that's why he was invited, to drum up interest amongst the Canadian NBA fans.

Comment

• Saw tweets today about coaching staff....

So apparently Triano will have at least David Vanterpool (Portland assistant) and Jim Boylen (Spurs assistant) on his staff. Looks like it could be a very good staff.

Comment

• Will have the Carlton Ravens coach back on as well, I heard.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• And Wiggins is confirmed for playing?

Comment

• Wiggins said he would play for Canada this summer but has not committed to the Pan Am Games as yet. Olynyk, Nicholson, and Bennett are confirmed for the Pan Am Games.

Comment

• Any word on Joseph?

I'm assuming Thompson's gonna hold out because of the contract and since he made the finals.

Ennis is out.

Any word on Stauskas?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Any word on Joseph?

I'm assuming Thompson's gonna hold out because of the contract and since he made the finals.

Ennis is out.

Any word on Stauskas?
                          Joseph is a restricted free agent just like TT.

Comment

• The national team may have a weak spot at point guard. Hanlon and Pangos are looking for a pro contract so I could see them opting for summer league which takes place at the same time as the Pan Am event.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              The national team may have a weak spot at point guard. Hanlon and Pangos are looking for a pro contract so I could see them opting for summer league which takes place at the same time as the Pan Am event.
                              Brady Heslip may have got his Euro gig for how he played for Team Canada then how he played in last years summer league .. With Toronto having a D-League next year .. I can see Pangos playing for that team if he can't get drafted ..

I can't see Spurs with all the time invested in Joseph ( his development ) that he won't at least been signed for 1 more year ..

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Any word on Joseph?

Ennis is out.

Any word on Stauskas?
                                Thompson's agent is also Lebron's agent ... I think he doesn't have to be worried about his next contract .. Lebron will make sure Cavs will take care of him ...

Is it just me but is Tristian becoming a bit overrated ? I love his energy and his game but the money associated to him is kind
                                of crazy ... He rebounds , blocks but has no offensive game ..

Comment

Working...
                                X