Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's full game, Canada vs. the Dominican Republic:

The final against a superbly talented USA squad is set for 6:30 Sunday, also streaming live on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FIBAWorld

The USA vs. Argentina semifinal was oddly a chippy affair with the US squad full court trapping with a 45 point lead and 5 minutes to go and the Argentinians getting away with some dirty play, undercutting the legs on some dunks, a punch to the groin, blatant flops, and so forth.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      There were times we were just happy to sneak in and quailfy in Word Events ... This week 101-59 against Brazil , Canada 79-67 against Dominican Republic and 91 - 70 aginst Puerto Rico .... 3-0 and on off to the semi's in the FIBA Americas under 18 ...
      Canada is on the rise in terms of world basketball sports I think Canada has a shot at a medal in the olympics if wiggins and thompson play well

Comment

• Watch usa vs Canada live U16 gold medal game

Comment

• Kids played well for my liking. USA won it though.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Kids played well for my liking. USA won it though.
            Yes silver medal not bad for these kids ... Prior to the final they were 4-0 356-230 ( Avg margin of victory 31.5 ..

Comment

• I watched the game and there was some nice upside. I think where we lost the game was in our passing. They just did not seem to value possessions enough, always looking to thread the needle and make the hard pass instead of the easy one. I guess when you are 15 its hard not to do that. Looking forward to how the squad grows and plays next year at worlds.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• The two best players were Shittu and Barrett, age 15 and 14 respectively, playing against older competition.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  The two best players were Shittu and Barrett, age 15 and 14 respectively, playing against older competition.
                  Question .. Why is a under 16 Championship being held in June ie Schools still going on ?

Comment

Question .. Why is a under 16 Championship being held in June ie Schools still going on ?
                    If you really want to know the answer to this question - write an email to the FIBA, but does it really matter though? FIBA America U16 tournament is 4-day long thing.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 15, 2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

International competition versus going to class in June. Basketball rules!

Comment

• Do you think all the school systems across the Americas are on the same schedule? Many schools in the southern USA are finished mid to late May as an example.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          Do you think all the school systems across the Americas are on the same schedule? Many schools in the southern USA are finished mid to late May as an example.
                          Yep, most USA schools are done in May. Every college I went to in US was done in early May, but I know grade school goes a bit longer.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            Do you think all the school systems across the Americas are on the same schedule? Many schools in the southern USA are finished mid to late May as an example.
                            I went to high school in the states and classes end around mid may but school started mid august or early august in some places.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• It's winter in Argentina where the U16 tournament was played. Quite pleasant winter climate there compared to winter in Ontario.

Comment

• Some talk out there right now that Thompson will not be suiting up for Canada this summer. He had a very long season and I am sure could use the rest and recovery. Add his contract negotiations on top of that and I think he deserves the pass. Will be a loss though, but it does provide an opportunity for someone to step up.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X