Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katman wrote: View Post
    Might not have received permission from his team
    Why would 76er's ( happy to be in lottery every year ) care ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Why would 76er's ( happy to be in lottery every year ) care ?
      Seems like most teams told Canada they'd let the guys play in one tournament and Triano obviously preferred they play in the FIBA Americas. The 3 NBA guys playing in the Pan Ams are all barely hanging on in the League and could probably use the playing time and exposure.

Comment

• They are afraid he might get injured, there are aspects of his game they want him to work on and don't want him distracted by in the internationals. Why isn't Wiggins there or Tristian, if he's not there it's because he doesn't want to be there or his team doesn't want him to.

Comment

They are afraid he might get injured, there are aspects of his game they want him to work on and don't want him distracted by in the internationals. Why isn't Wiggins there or Tristian, if he's not there it's because he doesn't want to be there or his team doesn't want him to.
          Tristian doesn't have a contract presently ... Wiggins is guaranteed he will be playing later this summer ... The difference between Wiggins and Nik is, one is a franchise player and I can understand why they don't him playing twice for their country in one summer .. The other didn't see much floor action last year avg 15 mins and I can only see the benefits of him playing minutes in the summer .. The Raptors Scola who has a lot of mileage on those legs looks like he is playing twice this summer for his country .. Why wouldn't they have a restriction on if he plays for his country twice in one summer ?

I do think in the NBA where players run the league more then others leagues if Wiggins wanted to play he would ... Heck didn't the Raptors fly Vince to his graduation on a playoff game day ? The NBA is how do we make our franchise players happy type of league ... Heck DeRozan who we as Raptor fans are hanging our hopes on isn't discouraged by playing in the Drew League ...

We have to remember that if this event wasn't in T.O or Canada ... I don't think we would see any of our A type players on this roster ...
          Last edited by guyroch; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

They are afraid he might get injured, there are aspects of his game they want him to work on and don't want him distracted by in the internationals. Why isn't Wiggins there or Tristian, if he's not there it's because he doesn't want to be there or his team doesn't want him to.
            Saying all that .. We don't know what thoughts that went out in coming out with this Pan Am roster ... Heck Murray could have played in the under 19 worlds but Canada or him choose the Pan am games was more important ... All we are doing is guessing and speculating ...

Comment

• There are only a few NBA and former NBA players playing at the Pan Am games. CBC reported that Scola was playing but he is not listed on the Pan Am site. Vasquez, Barea, Ryan Hollins are listed on their country's Pan Am roster. No Ayon or Jorge Gutierrez, none of the Brazilian or Argentinian NBAers, no Karl Towns.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                I hope to see guys like Levon Kendall and Rautins on August's roster .. Question if you only had two spots left and three guys to choose from are Heslip , Rautins and Stauskas who of those two would you leave off ...

Wonder why Stauskas isn't playing ? I don't recal he was on a Summer league roster .
                I think the lock would be Stauskas, after that it would be a tough choice. I think Rautins has better ball skills and size, but Heslip can get very hot from 3.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  I think the lock would be Stauskas, after that it would be a tough choice. I think Rautins has better ball skills and size, but Heslip can get very hot from 3.
                  You can add Heslip's FIBA tournament experience as an asset over Stauskas .. Couldn't you ? Heslip's Univesity games 2013 .. FIBA America's 2013 ... Last years 2014 team .. and now Pan am games and also some Euro ball this past season ... You could say that Heslip's game better suites Euro/FIBA ball and could become a key component ..

Comment

• 9 minutes to go.. our girls are up 11 against Americans. Can we do it?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      9 minutes to go.. our girls are up 11 against Americans. Can we do it?
                      Canada up 8 with 7 seconds.

Wins it 81 - 73.

Woohoo. Good for the women. Only the second time in the last 14 or 15 outings at these games that the US has lost.
                      Last edited by Puffer; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Kia Nurse comes up big with coach Geno Auriemma in the house watching.

Comment

• Is Wiggins going to play at next month's Olympic Qualifying tournament?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Is Wiggins going to play at next month's Olympic Qualifying tournament?
                            yes

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Canada up 8 with 7 seconds.

Wins it 81 - 73.

Woohoo. Good for the women. Only the second time in the last 14 or 15 outings at these games that the US has lost.
                              Lets hope the men's team were in attendance and getting some inspiration on beating those Americans ...

Comment

• Let me get this straight ... the closing ceremonies are on Sunday but the men's team is playing their first game tonight ... That is a really short tourney ...

Comment

Working...
                                X