Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I was really impressed by Nicholson. He could probably be obtained pretty cheaply as well.
    yea...he & Bennett are under some pressure (well deserved) to prove themselves as leaders in this tournament...hopefully it'll get em some confidence for FIBA America's and their NBA seasons.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
      yea...he & Bennett are under some pressure (well deserved) to prove themselves as leaders in this tournament...hopefully it'll get em some confidence for FIBA America's and their NBA seasons.
      Steve Nash has said it and I agree .. Playing in the summer for your national team is great development for a player .. It helped Steve Nash a lot ... Those guys are having a blast out there and battles like tonight can only help the young core which was playing ..

Go Canada Go !!!

Comment

• Just finished watching the game. The best I've ever seen Bhullar. He would look so much better with 50 less lbs. The NBA players did well vs physical play from a desperate team. I don't get how Lou can get NBA contracts but Heslip can't. He demands attention 24/7 when he's on the floor. And Jamal Murray, I would like to see him drive and kick more, or penetrate off the pick and roll a bit more, but he is a vet. It's tough believing that he's so young with that game.

Comment

• Bhullar's got some serious potential in there if he could just boost his fitness level. He still has lots of time before training camp, but this experience immediately following Summer League is definitely a step in the right direction.

Good for Nicholson and Bennett. They both look in pretty good shape, and ready to their games and this program to another level of respectability.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Just finished watching the game. The best I've ever seen Bhullar. He would look so much better with 50 less lbs. The NBA players did well vs physical play from a desperate team. I don't get how Lou can get NBA contracts but Heslip can't. He demands attention 24/7 when he's on the floor. And Jamal Murray, I would like to see him drive and kick more, or penetrate off the pick and roll a bit more, but he is a vet. It's tough believing that he's so young with that game.
            agree on Bhullar needing to loss at least 50lbs, he's needs some sessions with Shaq to show him how to use his size to be more dominant and aggressive...he's wayyy too passive. I think if Jimmer can get signed by the Spurs a guy like Hepslip has a role in the NBA. He would fit well with the Hawks...if I was Budenholzer i'd be giving him a training camp contract at least....from the biosteel game to now what impressed me the most about Murray is he's so level headed in any situation....plays like a 10yr vet. Hope he develops into more of a playmaker but from what I see he's seems like he's a pure scorer like a Lou Williams in the making.

Comment

• Jamal Murray possible draft choice?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Jamal Murray possible draft choice?!
                Yup, kid can ball

Comment

• I have been reading posts about Murray on the Kentucky basketball forum Rupp Rafters and some posters there are big fans of the full contact FIBA game.

Comment

• FYI, Canada beat Argentina 88-83.

I came in here to see the results but you guys just commented a bit on the game without ever mentioning the score or who won. Show some love for us seeing what happened the day after.

Box Score Highlights:

Jamal Murray 20 pts, 6-15 FG, 4-7 3pt, 4-4 FT, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 blk

Andrew Nicholson 24 pts, 8-15 FG, 1-4 3pt, 7-10 FT, 12 reb, 2 ast

Anthony Bennett 17 pts, 6-6 FG, 2-2 3pt, 3-3 FT, 6 reb, 2 ast

Sim Bhullar 4 pts, 2 reb, 3 blk, 2-3 FG

Comment

• Wow AB had a perfect game.

Comment

• Next game is tonight at 6PM against Mexico.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          I have been reading posts about Murray on the Kentucky basketball forum Rupp Rafters and some posters there are big fans of the full contact FIBA game.
                          Got to love his Canadian Pride ... He is one of the few Canadian teens ( elite ) who decided to stay in Canada for his 4 years of HS and now he might be putting on the Canadian Jersey twice this summer ...

Kentucky fans must like that he is getting some coaching from a future HOF'er Steve Nash ....

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Wow AB had a perfect game.
                            He was in foul trouble almost the whole game too.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Jamal Murray possible draft choice?!
                              This Jamal Murray kid isn't bad, eh? Through two games, the only guy on the floor who has looked better is Bennett. I'll be curious to see if he makes the FIBA team. Heslip has looked good as well. Would prefer to see him on the FIBA team over a guy like English or Rautens.

LOL. What a great problem for Nash. When's the last time a Canadian basketball program had actual, legitimate tough decisions on player personnel?

Comment

• I've watched both games and Andrew Nicholson has been the MVP for Canada, hands down. I don't need to look up his stats but he has been the go to guy on the floor for scoring and rebounding. As much as he bitches to FIBA refs, his whole game is best suited to FIBA basketball. It's slower and more physical and Nicholson is a high skills guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X