Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Heslip do?

I know he went off for 24 in the 1st game.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      How did Heslip do?

I was following twitter ( cause couldn't watch it live ) and they were saying that Argentina must have scouted Heslip cause they weren't giving him as much space as prior opponent ... Although he did score the biggest bucket of the game and got most of his points in last 10 minutes of the game .

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        How did Heslip do?

Brady Heslip 10 pts, 3-8 FG, 1-3 3pt, 3-4 FT, 2 reb

Comment

• Yeah, from the part of the game I watched (mostly second half), he didn't get a lot of space to get his shot off, but as a result the lane was open a lot for Canada. I think a lot of that was when Argentina was in a box-and-1 defense. Once the Argentinians changed up their defense to a man defense (after Canada started to make a big run in the 4th quarter), he had a bit more room and made a few big buckets. He got blown by on the other end a few times, though.
          It says a lot about Heslip that Argentina's gameplan focused on not letting him shoot. Fortunately, Canada too deep now to rely on any one shooter. Murray, Bennett, Nicholson and Heslip have all made excellent cases for being on the FIBA Americas team. Mullings has too, although not really flashy he contributes in a lot of ways and would make a solid depth player.

Comment

• Damn Jamal Murray looks good.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Is it on TSN? I missed the last 3 games, been busy

Comment

• Think about this future roster...

Starters: Joseph, Murray, Wiggins, Thompson, Olynyk
                Bench: Ennis, Stauskas, Bennett, Lyles, Nicholson

And Jamal Murray is just ridiculous for a HS kid who hasn't even played college ball yet. So smooth & poised out there. Feels like he's got some of that silent assassin IT factor, moreso than Wiggins. He could probably start for the Sixers right now. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Think about this future roster...

And Jamal Murray is just ridiculous for a HS kid who hasn't even played college ball yet. So smooth & poised out there. Feels like he's got some of that silent assassin IT factor, moreso than Wiggins. He could probably start for the Sixers right now. lol.
                  Happy days are here.

Comment

Plus fringe NBA guys in Sacre, Bhullar, Pangos, Birch

Plus all the young guys coming up still like Maker, Brooks, etc...

Canada will be legit medal contenders in every International basketball event. Is there any other country (other than USA) with so much good young talent coming up through the ranks?

Comment

Where is Brady Heslip ? Wow he is always overlooked and under appreciated ..

Comment

• No it's on CBC's website.

OF the two networks TSN is not even reporting on the tournament and they just signed that contract with the men's program. They are pathetic. it would have been better if SN got the contract and not these clowns. Looks everybody here is going to have to find online streams for the FIBA tournament.

Comment

• Dragan wrote: View Post
                          No it's on CBC's website.

OF the two networks TSN is not even reporting on the tournament and they just signed that contract with the men's program. They are pathetic. it would have been better if SN got the contract and not these clowns. Looks everybody here is going to have to find online streams for the FIBA tournament.
                          They are not reporting on the tournament because they don't have the rights to the pan-am games. They are usually pretty decent with their Canadian basketball content.

Comment

• Argentina beats Dominican Republic 80-70 ... 1-2 both are now 1-2 ... I do think this result clinches at least second for Canada
                            Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jul 23, 2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                              They are not reporting on the tournament because they don't have the rights to the pan-am games. They are usually pretty decent with their Canadian basketball content.

Funny when you don't have the rights it seems the Pan Am games are the butt of all jokes on both radio station but if they had the rights they would talk about it 24/7 to the point they are forcing it down your throat ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                                Where is Brady Heslip ? Wow he is always overlooked and under appreciated ..
                                Not by the coaching staff. ;-) Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of 1st and 2nd units Casey/hockey style and NBA guys (and Murray, who will be drafted next year). But yeah, Brady should be there. Just further goes to show the potential depth of talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X