No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion about Bennett hasn't changed.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      My opinion about Bennett hasn't changed.
      Which is?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        My opinion about Bennett hasn't changed.
        What is your opinion

Comment

• Winning silver is always awarded after a loss but a bronze is awarded after a win .... The emotions for silver isn't gratification it seems

Comment

• Brazil was underestimated by us all here since they didn't bring their best known players. I have to say the team they brought was very talented. Hettsheimer, Benite, and Lima were among the very best players in this tournament.
            Last edited by stretch; Sun Jul 26, 2015, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Who needs Durants and Lebrons when you have Wiggins.
              Wiggins is gonna light it up this August, Olympics are a lock you heard it here first. We also have two players in Thompson and CoJo who have played on the biggest stage at the NBA finals, don't underestimate these guys either. Talent always prevails, USA has proven that time and time again.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                In some years, yeah, probably. Right now, or even come Olympics time, I don't think so, to be honest. I would put, off the top of my head, Argentina, Spain, France and obviously United States ahead in the talent department overall. I think you guys right now are second-tier, like Brazil, Greece and Lithuania... Croatia also has some talent. I really wanna see Saric and Hezonja playing together. The potential for craziness is off the charts.
                Spain and Argentina don't have many obvious top prospects to fill the huge voids being left by their aging stars...

Comment

• Argentina has lots of young talent.

Comment

• FromDeep wrote: View Post
                    Spain and Argentina don't have many obvious top prospects to fill the huge voids being left by their aging stars...
                    Well, that's also why I meant that Canada will probably have an easier time in the future. But right now, Spain can still count on guys like Llull, Navarro, Fernandez and the Gasols, for the Olympics for example. Plus they have Rubio, Mirotic and Ibaka who are all pretty young.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      I think confidence has biggest hurdle for him lately. After the spotlight he had on him the first few years to produce, and all the criticism aimed at him, its no surprise the guy suffered for it. I'd love to see him come next year and go HAM. He's got a great body for a SF in the NBA.
                      Bennett is a 4, I don't see him being able to guard full time on the perimeter. He is showing the ability to stretch the floor and also a decent post game.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Well, that's also why I meant that Canada will probably have an easier time in the future. But right now, Spain can still count on guys like Llull, Navarro, Fernandez and the Gasols, for the Olympics for example. Plus they have Rubio, Mirotic and Ibaka who are all pretty young.
                        I believe there is a FIBA rule which allows only 1 naturalized citizen to play for a national team...hence a choice has to be made between Mirotic & Ibaka (born in Montegro & Congo resp.). I can see why that rule is in place though.

Comment

• so we made it to the olympics

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I mean yeah, Wiggins is our boy, but...

I need everyone Just look at those guys just having a laugh out there.
                            I think we can end up being like Lithuania. We can cause an upset. Or we will end up in 2nd. We are good enough to challenge Spain.

Comment

I think calderon will do one last run...isn't the guy who got picked 11th spanish too?

Comment

• Looking at where Canada ranks compared to other teams, I think Australia is capable of moving into the upper tiers in the next few years too (not for 2016, but by 2020). A core of Bogut (if he can avoid the sort of injuries that plague aging big men), Delladova, Mills, Exum, Simmons, Maker, McCarron, plus a solid, growing, domestic league. If Exum, Simmons, and Maker all come close to their ceilings and they surround them with good secondary talent, that's a dangerous team down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X