No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting that the article doesn't say when the 'drop dead date' is. I'm going to throw out a guess that it's Tuesday, September 8th (following Labor day), which would mean missing one week of classes, but not two. Because if it was either the previous week, or the next week, there would be no issue: no chance with the former, no problem with the latter. The 8th would mean he would play 6 games for Canada, 4 first round, 2 second round. If that's the case, it's a tough call. What if one of the other PGs gets injured, then Murray leaves mid-tournament, and we've got no backup PG? I think he needs to play at least to the end of the 2nd round (last game Sept 9th) to get a spot. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk it.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Calipari is the coach for Dominican Republic ... Is he going to be at the FIBA America's
      Kenny Atkinson (Hawk's assistant) is coaching the Dominican team this summer.

Comment

Calipari is the coach for Dominican Republic ... Is he going to be at the FIBA America's
        even if Cal was coaching DR...he's gonna want Murray to get the experience with pros to use towards UK, which he'll obviously value more...

Comment

• Melvin Ejim inks a partially guaranteed deal with Orlando! Nice!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Melvin Ejim inks a partially guaranteed deal with Orlando! Nice!
            I think it is just a cap invite, bu it i a god start, o they have any room on their roster?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Melvin Ejim inks a partially guaranteed deal with Orlando! Nice!
              if you created a all Canadian NBA team ... What record could they come up with .. Are they better then the 76ers at least ?

Comment

if you created a all Canadian NBA team ... What record could they come up with .. Are they better then the 76ers at least ?
                We'll get to see the all Canadian NBA team at FIBA in a month, or at least very close to it (I expect a few guys to miss it, and Ennis definitely will due to injury).

Comment

Not sure who'd win today, but I'd take a core of Wiggins/Murray/Lyles/Thompson/CoJo/Bennett over Noel/Embid/Saric/Okafor down the road. Wiggins + Murray alone would be a great starting point for any franchise.

Comment

I was thinking about this just a while ago too! They'd definitely be better than the sixers IMO. Need a lot more wing/shooting and guys that can create their own shots.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                      I was thinking about this just a while ago too! They'd definitely be better than the sixers IMO. Need a lot more wing/shooting and guys that can create their own shots.
                      okay you can draft HS players and will give Jamual Murray lol and Steve Nash injuries are magically cured ..

Comment

• An all Canadian team would be better suited to play in the NBA than a FIBA tournament, for sure. The FIBA game is a full contact game, fouls are arbitrarily called, and every team with no name players can shred a team that is not organized defensively (Canada) with it's pick and roll/moving screen game.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          An all Canadian team would be better suited to play in the NBA than a FIBA tournament, for sure. The FIBA game is a full contact game, fouls are arbitrarily called, and every team with no name players can shred a team that is not organized defensively (Canada) with it's pick and roll/moving screen game.
                          As long as Jay isn't the coach in that imaginary scenario

Kentucky's Jamal Murray Is Putting the NBA on Notice Long Before He Even Arrives

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-even-arrives

Comment

As long as Jay isn't the coach in that imaginary scenario

Kentucky's Jamal Murray Is Putting the NBA on Notice Long Before He Even Arrives

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-even-arrives
                            Interesting article hopefully he gets in a situation where he thrives

Comment

• When's the America's tourney, and exhibition games, get underway?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                When's the America's tourney, and exhibition games, get underway?
                                Exhibition will be at the Marchand cup, August 23-27. Fiba Americas starts August 31.

Too bad to see China win the bid for hosting the 2019 world cup. No disrespect to China, who can do a great job of it, but I was really hoping to see the Philippines get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X