Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Do you think he might push Ejim for the 3rd SF spot?
    Yeah, he played more than Ejim in the Pan Ams, but it's arguable who was more effective. I'd prefer Ejim since he's much younger and I think we should mainly be looking towards the future. A guy like Doornekamp won't be around for the 2020 Olympics but Ejim would.

Comment

• Karl-Anthony Towns was in the same situation as Jamual Murray ( Jay in a interview on prime time ) is this year last summer when he wanted to play in the worlds .. Karl wasn't allowed and so that maybe not good news for us ...

Also ... Nik was mentioned in the interview .. I don't think he is trying out I think he is in Jay's plans for at least starter ..

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        It's eight, really: Bennett, Joseph, Nicholson, Olynyk, Powell, Sacre, Stauksas and Wiggins.

Hanlan has a good chance to make the Utah opening day roster. Bhullar is not on any NBA roster.
        They're counting Bhullar and Ejim. Ejim has a non-guaranteed deal in Orlando. They're both a stretch.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Why isn't ennis playing? And I'm assuming TT because he has no contract but he'll be in the olympics?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ennis had shoulder surgery. As for Thompson, contract is the issue.

Comment

• Brazil is probably not sending any of it's NBA players or even Huertas to Mexico. The Brazilian team that won the Pan Am gold was awesome in how they played in a very disciplined system. Assuming Brazil sends the same guys to Mexico, they have a very good chance to finish in the top two there. If that happens and since Brazil already has an automatic bid to Rio, does that mean the third place team in Mexico gets an Olympic bid? FIBA is always very quirky and unpredictable in their decision making process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket...ummer_Olympics

Comment

Brazil is probably not sending any of it's NBA players or even Huertas to Mexico. The Brazilian team that won the Pan Am gold was awesome in how they played in a very disciplined system. Assuming Brazil sends the same guys to Mexico, they have a very good chance to finish in the top two there. If that happens and since Brazil already has an automatic bid to Rio, does that mean the third place team in Mexico gets an Olympic bid? FIBA is always very quirky and unpredictable in their decision making process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket...ummer_Olympics
                I think you're right that the 3rd place team would get the bid, but if Brazil sends the Pan Am team to FIBA they won't finish top 2. The talent level is heads and shoulders better in FIBA. We will probably only have one starter the same as our Pan Am team (Nicholson). Same goes for all the other countries since FIBA actually matters.

Comment

• I thought Brazil had an automatic bid in the Olympics .. do they have to Participate in FIBA even?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I thought Brazil had an automatic bid in the Olympics .. do they have to Participate in FIBA even?
                    They did get an automatic big, hence why they'll likely send the same team they did to the Pan Ams, their B team with zero NBA talent. I don't know if they "have" to participate, but it's a good opportunity to get experience for guys. They may very well "have" to participate though, not sure what FIBA's rules are regarding that.

Comment

• Brazil without the NBA players is a threat to win in Mexico.

Karl Towns and Ronald Roberts are likely not going play for the Dominican Republic for FIBAs.

http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/notic...CD2A97A7818CB3

The Dominican Republic will be without some high-profile players this summer at the FIBA Americas Championship but there will still be plenty of firepower in the squad. Francisco Garcia, James Feldeine, Eloy Vargas and Eulis Baez all shone last year at the FIBA Basketball World Cup, helping the Dominicans reach the Round of 16.

They had big games in Bilbao, where Group C was staged. Their presence, and that of some talented newcomers, give the Dominicans cause for optimism. "Our quintet [best five] of the World Cup is here and we have made excellent additions," national team general manager Eduardo Najri said in a Q&A with fans on dominicanosenbasket.com.

"Nevertheless, if we had been able to have all of the players available, they [media] said we would be favorite ahead of Canada and all of their NBA players. "Right now, the aim is to reach the Semi-Finals and from then on, you never know what can happen."
                      Last edited by stretch; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Brazil without the NBA players is a threat to win in Mexico.

Karl Towns and Ronald Roberts are likely not going play for the Dominican Republic for FIBAs.

http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/notic...CD2A97A7818CB3
                        The last FIBA Americas Brazil went winless .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          The last FIBA Americas Brazil went winless .
                          Canada finished sixth in 2013. Brazil actually made it to the World Cup in Spain last year and ended up sixth out of 24 teams.

Brazil will be missing Rafael Hettsheimeir for FIBAs. He shot lights out in Toronto.
                          Last edited by stretch; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone pay attention to the FIBA women's tournament? Team Canada has been crushing every single team they've faced. Some of the scores are ridiculous, like 110 : 30

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                              Did anyone pay attention to the FIBA women's tournament? Team Canada has been crushing every single team they've faced. Some of the scores are ridiculous, like 110 : 30
                              Yeah these scores are looking like High school scores
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah these scores are looking like High school scores
                                Yeah, but they have to basically win the tournament to qualify. It's not guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                                X