Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Other then having NBA on your reseme .. Robert SACRE has done little to make this team ... He has played for the Senior Men's durning his NCAA career .. I remember watching him live in T.O
    one time ..
    Sacre gives us our only legit banger, Olynyk is nice, but Bobby will be valuable to lean on some bigs for a few minutes a game.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I wonder two things ... Why is Brazil participating in this tourney .. It has nothing to gain and also why aren't any of the two Raptors in this tourney ... IF they are as good as the Raptors project them to be then wouldn't this tourney be good experience for them in future FIBA America events ?

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        Sacre gives us our only legit banger, Olynyk is nice, but Bobby will be valuable to lean on some bigs for a few minutes a game.
        Yep. When the games count for real, FIBA can get pretty dirty at times. You might need a scrappy big like Sacre, if for nothing else, to get under the skin of opposing bigs and maybe get a few fouls on them.

Comment

• Brazil's coach Ruben Magnano on the Canadian team last night:

“We just lost to a great team, a team with a deep rotation and they play a physical game that made it very difficult for Brazilian players to make good decisions on the court,” said head coach Ruben Magnano. “They are big with large wingspans, really athletic who really do a great job of going to the boards and making misses into points, one way or the other, put-backs or fouls. Brazil’s offensive philosophy is in every possession keep them to one shot, but in this game, you saw several instances of second and even third shots. We can’t just afford to do that and hope to win the game.”
          http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/24...razil-in-hoops

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            I wonder two things ... Why is Brazil participating in this tourney .. It has nothing to gain and also why aren't any of the two Raptors in this tourney ... IF they are as good as the Raptors project them to be then wouldn't this tourney be good experience for them in future FIBA America events ?
            Pretty sure Brazil has to participate, countries can't just back out of these tournaments cause they don't feel like it, I think it's a long term contractual obligation. What they can do though, is send their B to C league team, which Brazil did. Probably only a couple of the Brazil players will be on the actual Olympic squad.

Bruno and Bebe aren't there because the Raptor's specifically asked them not to go and stay in Toronto training with the coaching staff. There was an interview with the Brazil coach where he says he asked them both to play but they had to decline.

Comment

• Anyone have a stream for tonight's game?
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Anyone have a stream for tonight's game?
                Pretty sure the same stream from last time will work again since it's for the channel and not a specific game.

http://www.sintelevisor.com/tv/directvsports.html

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Pretty sure the same stream from last time will work again since it's for the channel and not a specific game.

Thanks, that is the one I found at halftime of the first game.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Pretty sure Brazil has to participate, countries can't just back out of these tournaments cause they don't feel like it, I think it's a long term contractual obligation. What they can do though, is send their B to C league team, which Brazil did. Probably only a couple of the Brazil players will be on the actual Olympic squad.

Bruno and Bebe aren't there because the Raptor's specifically asked them not to go and stay in Toronto training with the coaching staff. There was an interview with the Brazil coach where he says he asked them both to play but they had to decline.
                    Is that bad karma?

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                      Is that bad karma?
                      I think it's prudent considering how little play we've gotten out of both of them. It'd be bad karma to not let one of your key players rep their country, those guys don't need summer work with our training staff.

Comment

It seems to be showing some football (soccer) highlight show.....
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It seems to be showing some football (soccer) highlight show.....
                          Crap. Maybe it will switch over at 6pm?

Stream and box score links from anyone who has them.

Comment

• live stats http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches.../12uE316lQvlQ/
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• fuck this shit. where can I buy stream for this game?

Comment

• No stream, live stats not working....I am going lose it.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X