Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Yeah, excellent job by him. he's really upped his profile this tournament. There's been times where he's been the best PG for Canada. It's also the first time that Canada has had a point guard other than Co Jo who can play sustained minutes for this generation of the team. To think, if Murray could play he likely wouldn't have made the team.

The battle for PG on the next Canada team (assuming they qualify is going to be intense). My concern is at SF. It's pretty obvious that Doornekamp is coming to his end at this level but I can't think of a player who can fill his spot. Barrett Jr is years away. It'll be pretty interesting to see if someone emerges as the next backup SF for Canada.

Also good to see Stauskas and Heslip start to get heated up.

Now all they have to do is make sure that they don't face Argentina in the semis. If they compete against any other team they should make the finals and qualify for the Olympics.
    Bennett is versatile to play any forward position.

Comment

Yeah, excellent job by him. he's really upped his profile this tournament. There's been times where he's been the best PG for Canada. It's also the first time that Canada has had a point guard other than Co Jo who can play sustained minutes for this generation of the team. To think, if Murray could play he likely wouldn't have made the team.

The battle for PG on the next Canada team (assuming they qualify is going to be intense). My concern is at SF. It's pretty obvious that Doornekamp is coming to his end at this level but I can't think of a player who can fill his spot. Barrett Jr is years away. It'll be pretty interesting to see if someone emerges as the next backup SF for Canada.

Also good to see Stauskas and Heslip start to get heated up.

Now all they have to do is make sure that they don't face Argentina in the semis. If they compete against any other team they should make the finals and qualify for the Olympics.
      Argentina is playing Scola and Nocioni 35 close to 35 minutes a game, let's see how their old legs hold up after 8 games in 10 days.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
        Argentina is playing Scola and Nocioni 35 close to 35 minutes a game, let's see how their old legs hold up after 8 games in 10 days.
        Good Point.

Comment

Dillon Brooks and Montaque Gill Ceasar probably both have the size and game to play SF at the FIBA level. By 2020, Justin Jackson will probably be in the mix, too. I really like what Ejim brings, and Dyshawn Pierre will probably go the international route and be another guy similar to Ejim that they could bring in.

Comment

Hope Scola does not pull a Turkoglu when he reports to camp!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Hope Scola does not pull a Turkoglu when he reports to camp!
              Too much character

Comment

• anyone watching the mexico game? That Ayon guy looks pretty good.
                Last edited by jerome; Fri Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Dillon Brooks and Montaque Gill Ceasar probably both have the size and game to play SF at the FIBA level. By 2020, Justin Jackson will probably be in the mix, too. I really like what Ejim brings, and Dyshawn Pierre will probably go the international route and be another guy similar to Ejim that they could bring in.
                  Brooks and Gill Caeser both feel like SGs to me. Brooks played a bit at Pan Am after those guys got bumped out of U18 World's so definitely was able to have more of a look at him. Brooks is all offense, not sure that's what this roster needs at that position. Justin Jackson is probably a year or 2 away. I really like him. That doesn't help if they qualify for next Olympics, but he could be special.

I like Ejim, but his ability to play some at PF is his real value to this team, I guess if he has to play more 3 I wouldn't complain. I haven't watched enough of Pierre to really say anything about him. Canada has a lot of guards and bigs in the pipeline, but not that many SFs.

Comment

anyone watching the mexico game? That Ayon guy looks pretty good.
                    I was, but the pool that Canada is in feels a lot faster paced. Guess I've been spoiled watching Argentina, Canada, PR and Venezuela do their thing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Looks like Brazil and Cuba are the teams getting cut.
                      Brazil is 1-7 in last two FIBA America championships . Last time they got voted in to worlds and this time host country .

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        112-92 win by Canada

They put up 112 in a 40min Game!
                        I was pissed they were down early but I was so impressed with how they finished ... Scrub is doing an amazing job backing up .. Love that the 3 was being hit by our sharp shooters . It should be a weapon

Comment

• on the broadcast it was mentioned Powell hurt his wrist I hope it is nothing too serious for his and his teams sakes

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            on the broadcast it was mentioned Powell hurt his wrist I hope it is nothing too serious for his and his teams sakes
                            They said he will be okay for second round

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              They said he will be okay for second round
                              thanks there is apparently a schedule for the second round anyone have a link?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                thanks there is apparently a schedule for the second round anyone have a link?
                                http://www.americas2015.com/en/calen...p?xtab=2&rid=2

Here you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X