X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Worse than Casey though?
    I saw this on the ESPN broadcast:

Mexico called a time out with 50 seconds left and down by 1.

The Mexican coach scribbled some stuff on the board that didn't make sense, Stoll took the board from him and start drawing up a play himself, the coach yelled at Stoll and took the board back, and then the time-out ended.

They came out of that time-out running a bunch of random high picks, before Stoll drilling a heavily contested 3.

Comment

• I could be wrong but I believe that a Canada win (over DR) and Mexico win (over Venezuela) tomorrow clinch a top 3 overall spot for Canada: it would give Canada 4 wins, and the only other teams who would both have a chance to reach 4 wins are DR, Venezuela, and Panama, all of whom Canada would hold the first tiebreaker over (head-to-head win).

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I could be wrong but I believe that a Canada win (over DR) and Mexico win (over Venezuela) tomorrow clinch a top 3 overall spot for Canada: it would give Canada 4 wins, and the only other teams who would both have a chance to reach 4 wins are DR, Venezuela, and Panama, all of whom Canada would hold the first tiebreaker over (head-to-head win).
        We play Uraguay today. Canada has looked better and better each game, while all the other teams kept on playing their starters heavy minutes. It would take a complete collapse for us not to make the top four.

Comment

• what time is the game today?
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• 7 pm.

Comment

• Jamal Murray was unavailable to Canada due to a NCAA rule apparently. Why then are these other NCAA players participating in FIBA tournaments right now? There is Patrick Garino for Argentina, Juan Toscano for Mexico, Shem Karnowski for Poland, and Domantas Sabonis for Lithuania. Is it a freshman ruling or a UK policy?

Comment

• Comment

• I'm watching Lithuania-Belgium right now and I got to say I'm really excited for our boys. Lithuania is one of the FIBA's favs, but looks so unorganised! We would beat Lithuania if we played em today.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 7, 2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    Jamal Murray was unavailable to Canada due to a NCAA rule apparently. Why then are these other NCAA players participating in FIBA tournaments right now? There is Patrick Garino for Argentina, Juan Toscano for Mexico, Shem Karnowski for Poland, and Domantas Sabonis for Lithuania. Is it a freshman ruling or a UK policy?
                    It has nothing to do with UK. It's an NCAA ruling. Murray was at Pan Ams, the guys you mentioned either took Summer school, or have a certain amount of academic credits that allow them to miss some classes.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      It has nothing to do with UK. It's an NCAA ruling. Murray was at Pan Ams, the guys you mentioned either took Summer school, or have a certain amount of academic credits that allow them to miss some classes.
                      That makes sense in NCAA kind of way, thanks. Red tape and uber regulation is their mantra.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        That makes sense in NCAA kind of way, thanks. Red tape and uber regulation is their mantra.
                        .... and stuffing their pockets with cash at the expense of "amateur" athletes is their m.o.

Comment

• We're looking even more dangerous every game. A rematch with Argentina in the semis would be interesting, but it would be nice to avoid them.

No way we should lose to Uruguay, let's wrap that one up and roll onto Mexico.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone else found it strange that the cameras are allowed into team huddles during timeouts. I first noticed it during our game against Puerto Rico. I don't know what surprised me more, the fact that I was listening to the details of Pitino's strategy or that Pitino didn't get up and rip the camera out of the camera person's hands?
                            Last edited by Paradigm Shift; Mon Sep 7, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I hope tsn follows thru and shows the Mexico game tonight. It is such a shame this tournament is getting poor coverage as nba tv Canada keeps repeating last year's raps game or old open gym

Comment

• Is it Top 2 make the Olympics? Or only the winner?

Comment

Working...
                                X