No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Mexico is at home but this Mexico team who is somewhat intact from the 2013 squad lost to Canada 89-67 in last FIBA meeting .. Argentina scares me and hope Canada only has to play them in the Finals ..

Comment

• Wow, are all canada's players there????

They look pretty deadly

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Wow, are all canada's players there????

They look pretty deadly
        We are deadly mate. New generation shit here.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Wow, are all canada's players there????

They look pretty deadly
          Tyler Ennis & Tristan Thompson are the key guys missing. And there are some studs in the pipeline (Murray, Lyles, Barrett Jr....). National team future looks bright for a like a 15-20 year run. Granted, other teams in this tournament are missing key guys, while Canada has 9 NBA affiliated players, so we should be dominant.

Comment

• Is anyone still afraid of the Mexicans?

After watching 6 games, team Canada reminded jerome a lot of the USA dream teams, beating down every opponent by out running and out talenting them.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
              Is anyone still afraid of the Mexicans?

After watching 6 games, team Canada reminded jerome a lot of the USA dream teams, beating down every opponent by out running and out talenting them.
              Honestly, I'd be really surprised if we lost another game. We should beat Mexico by 20+.

Comment

• I find it hilarious how the media talk about Mexico as a threat to Canada.

Canada is the superior team. They are WAYYYY more talented than Mexico. This is going to be a blowout.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Tyler Ennis & Tristan Thompson are the key guys missing. And there are some studs in the pipeline (Murray, Lyles, Barrett Jr....). National team future looks bright for a like a 15-20 year run. Granted, other teams in this tournament are missing key guys, while Canada has 9 NBA affiliated players, so we should be dominant.
                  Everyone playing in this tournament, plus Thompson and Ennis, will all be in their basketball primes through the 2024 Olympics (minus Doornekamp). Exciting times as right now we're winning on talent, but since this squad will more or less be together the next 9 years we'll eventually have great chemistry too. That chemistry is what let's the less talented teams hang with us, but they won't have that advantage for much longer.

Getting ahead of myself, if you add Murray, Ennis, and Thompson for 2016 Olympics, who do we cut? Scrubb and Doornekamp seem obvious, probably Sacre as well since Thompson is essentially a C in FIBA. Good problem to have when we're cutting NBA players from our national team.

Comment

• The reasons I'm a little worried about this game against Mexico are:

- Mexican players being buoyed by their hometown fans.

- Home cooking from the referees.

- Many of the Canadian players are still babies.

- This Canadian team, as a group, has never been tested in a pressure situation on the road.

4 years from now, this same game is no contest. Tonight, it will be tight.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I find it hilarious how the media talk about Mexico as a threat to Canada.

Canada is the superior team. They are WAYYYY more talented than Mexico. This is going to be a blowout.
                      They are still a threat in the sense that if they can dictate the pace, not make mistakes on offense, and keep Canada from running in transition, they can keep the score close and hope the crowd can keep their players energized to make a push.

Basically Mexico has to play a near-perfect game to have a chance to win.

jerome predicts a close first half, sometime in the third Mexico will have a few bad offensive possessions and Canada will drain back-to-back-to-back transition threes to put the game out of reach.

Comment

• Scrubb is better than Ennis by a long shot.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                          They are still a threat in the sense that if they can dictate the pace, not make mistakes on offense, and keep Canada from running in transition, they can keep the score close and hope the crowd can keep their players energized to make a push.

Basically Mexico has to play a near-perfect game to have a chance to win.

jerome predicts a close first half, sometime in the third Mexico will have a few bad offensive possessions and Canada will drain back-to-back-to-back transition threes to put the game out of reach.
                          But the problem for Mexico is that they play they're best when they play fast which they just cannot do vs Canada because we have superior players at every position except for Centre.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            I find it hilarious how the media talk about Mexico as a threat to Canada.

I am afraid of every team ... Until the final whistle blows in the semi final match I will be nervous .. I remember 2013 FIBA Americas and we were 4-1 ( ( eliminate 1 victory for second round ) and we were blowing every opponent away in the process and then went on to lose 3 in a row ..

Heck I remember the Finals 2015 Pan Am games and going into it we were blowing everyone away and in Gold Medal game we laid a egg in first half and went on too lose..

I am a Toronto Sports fan and until something actually good happens I will be always crossing my fingers ..

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Everyone playing in this tournament, plus Thompson and Ennis, will all be in their basketball primes through the 2024 Olympics (minus Doornekamp). Exciting times as right now we're winning on talent, but since this squad will more or less be together the next 9 years we'll eventually have great chemistry too. That chemistry is what let's the less talented teams hang with us, but they won't have that advantage for much longer.

Getting ahead of myself, if you add Murray, Ennis, and Thompson for 2016 Olympics, who do we cut? Scrubb and Doornekamp seem obvious, probably Sacre as well since Thompson is essentially a C in FIBA. Good problem to have when we're cutting NBA players from our national team.
                              Plus Barrett, but that's at least a few years off - MAYBE 2020?

Comment

• What time does the game start anyway?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X