• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Schroeder is fast.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
      all of what I said above is based on the assumption Canada beating DR
      Can somebody explain 1 point for a loss ? What does that even mean ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Can somebody explain 1 point for a loss ? What does that even mean ?
        FIBA calculates a win as 2 points and a loss is one point. Add the points up for each team. That's all there is to it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Wow Schroeder is fast.
          Well he is about 160lbs.....
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
            If Argentina wins over Mexico, then the ranking would be:
            1. Argentina (7-0)
            2. Canada (6-1)
            3. Mexico (5-3)

and Mexico will have to face Canada again in the semi's.

If Mexico beats Argentina (by a point differential of X), then all three teams would have the identical record of 6-1. The next tie-breaker is head-to-head point differential.

Canada has -7 against Argentina, +21 against Mexico, total +14
            Argentina has +7 against Canada, -X against Mexico, total 7-X, so if Argentina lose they will not finish as top seed
            Mexico has -21 against Canada, + X against Argentina, total X-21, the only way Mexico can finish with a point differential over 14 is to win by 36. We all know this would not happen, Mexico would be lucky to win tonight and they are definitely not blowing out Argentina.

Therefore, if Mexico can beat Argentina tonight, the mostly likely scenario would be:
            1. Canada
            2. Argentina
            3. Mexico

Mexico probably don't want to face Canada in the semi, since they had absolutely no answer for Canada in last night's game, I would think they will try very hard to beat Argentina tonight.

As for Argentina, a win will guarantee them top seed and face the 4th seed team and avoid playing the host Mexico in the semi's, so they will also try really hard to win.

It will be a good game tonight for sure.
            Thanks Jerome, I was about to post the rules for all the confused people but you nailed it. I think we win gold no matter what, but getting 1st essentially guarantees us an Olympic bid, there is no way we lose in the semis to the 4th place team. Of course I think we also destroy Mexico again in the semis if need be, but I like the sound of 1st place followed by gold medal. Go Mexico!

Comment

• Venezuela wins today and so 4th spot locked up cause they beat Dominican

Comment

• Beat me to it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Wow Schroeder is fast.
                  I watched a lot of Hawks games last year and Schroeder is a star in the making. I think he's already better than Teague, but it's probably wise to bring him off the bench until after he signs an extension. If he was a starter he might garner max offers in restricted free agency, he's that good.

Comment

• anyone got a link yet?
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If you're in the states the games are all on Watch ESPN under ESPN3. Does Canada not have access to Watch ESPN?

Comment

• Yep.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Well, here's a link I looked up just for you guys. Don't say I never did anything for you.

http://firstrowi.eu/basketball/first...nada-row622280

Comment

• Bennet 3-3 from 3 already

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              anyone got a link yet?
                              http://zunox.hk/zxtv20.html

Comment

• It's basically over already. We're so much fucking better than all these teams. My roommate is always asking "Do we have to keep watching, it's a freaking blowout" sometime mid 1st quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X