No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayon played 39:33. Both teams went to a 6-7 man rotation. Whoever wins in the semis will be really tired for the championship game. I hope Argentina wins though, just so we can beat every team in the tournament, make it really official.

Comment

• On Friday, game time against Venezuela is 7 PM. Mexico v Argentina at 930 PM.

Comment

• I have to hand it to Jay he has really done a great job with the minutes making everyone contribute also more than one player was disappointed with the defence in the last game showing they can critique themselves even in an easy win

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          So we play Venezuela on friday.

Get out the salami and cheese ma............too soon?!
          Don't jinx it man or we will choke on that salami. Venezuela plays a rough basketball with plenty of hits and cheapshots, they won't go down without a fight so hopefully team Canada won't be rattled.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Ayon played 39:33. Both teams went to a 6-7 man rotation. Whoever wins in the semis will be really tired for the championship game. I hope Argentina wins though, just so we can beat every team in the tournament, make it really official.
            It is quite evident that Mexico was trying to avoid Canada .. Resting Ayon cause they thought they would have a better chance of beating Argentina in playoffs ... The saying in sports .. be careful what you wish for ..

Comment

• Ayon really outplayed Scola in the second half

Comment

• Venezuela right now

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Ayon really outplayed Scola in the second half
                  Looking at the stats .... 35-11 in 4th quarter for Mexico and did it without shooting a lot of 3's

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Looking at the stats .... 35-11 in 4th quarter for Mexico and did it without shooting a lot of 3's
                    Argentina was playing wayyy to relaxed in the fourth. And their coach did not call a time out until the game was tied. These central/south American coaches must have Casey as their idol.

Comment

• TBH i'd rather have faced argentina/mexico... I have a really bad feeling about tomorrow's semis

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        TBH i'd rather have faced argentina/mexico... I have a really bad feeling about tomorrow's semis
                        Yeah me too. We're going to win by less than 20 points.

Comment

• Beat Venezuela and we're going to the Olympics? Or is it only the tourney winner?

Comment

• After seeing how well this group is playing, Nash & Triano are going to have a tough time cutting players if Thompson, Ennis and Murray are available for the Olympics.

Doornekamp and Scrubb seem like the obvious cuts. The 3rd cut would come down to Sacre, Powell, Ejim and Heslip - my guess is either Sacre or Powell, as Heslip provides dead-eye 3pt shooting and Ejim is the only true SF behind Wiggins.

It's certainly a great problem to have, and it's fantastic to see the improved quality and depth in the Canadian pipeline!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Beat Venezuela and we're going to the Olympics? Or is it only the tourney winner?
                              Win and we're in! Top 2 advance to the Olympics.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                After seeing how well this group is playing, Nash & Triano are going to have a tough time cutting players if Thompson, Ennis and Murray are available for the Olympics.

Doornekamp and Scrubb seem like the obvious cuts. The 3rd cut would come down to Sacre, Powell, Ejim and Heslip - my guess is either Sacre or Powell, as Heslip provides dead-eye 3pt shooting and Ejim is the only true SF behind Wiggins.

It's certainly a great problem to have, and it's fantastic to see the improved quality and depth in the Canadian pipeline!
                                Heslip is a lock ... His game was made for FIBA basketball and will have Euro and FIBA experience ...He should be rewarded for always coming when Canada calls .. 2013 2014 Pan Am and now FIBA Americas

Comment

Working...
                                X