Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm worried that TT won't show up to play in Rio.. he'll most likely sign the QO with Cleveland so would become a UFA in the summer next year. If he didn't play in this tourney why would he play next season when he's got his next contract to worry about?
    Well Rio starts at August so lets hope that he will find an NBA team quickly coming July that will sign him to a contract within days of free agency. If Canada makes it to the Olympics (and thus far it seems like they will be there) they need a stronger team to try to make it to the medal round . Both Thompson and Murray look like two players who can be a difference maker when it comes to close games and thus needed to be added to the roster. It will be nice to also see our future Raptor Kevin Durant playing for team U.S during the summer against team Canada.

Comment

• Don't count out Kevin Pangos as a potential back-up point guard. He will be playing for a very good Euro club this season and will be as familiar with the FIBA game as anyone.

Heslip is pretty one dimensional and could easily be replaced. Wiggins and Stauskas both have been shooting the ball well and do other things like play defence and rebound the ball better than Brady.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        Don't count out Kevin Pangos as a potential back-up point guard. He will be playing for a very good Euro club this season and will be as familiar with the FIBA game as anyone.

Heslip is pretty one dimensional and could easily be replaced. Wiggins and Stauskas both have been shooting the ball well and do other things like play defence and rebound the ball better than Brady.
        Blood is thicker than water.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
          I think it's unreal that starting next year, canada is gonna be cutting NBA players every year for the near future.
          Next generation is probably gonna be cutting all-stars like the US
          A long ways to go for that. We still only have 1 or 2 projected future all stars
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Huh? Game's already happened?

Comment

• Semi is tomorrow at 7 est. Win and their in...Watching this team though over the past 8 games and it seems like a done deal...No other team has more than 1 NBA player, Canada has 9; It shows...This is as close to a dream-team as Canada has ever fielded...They've gelled now and pound-for-pound they are the best team in this tournament by a wide margin...Heck even the host Mexicans were considering a semi-final against Canada to be an automatic loss...
                limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

• Up until last night in the whole tournament only one team scored 100+ in a game, Canada did that 5 times in 8 games, in a 40 minute game, playing 10-12 guys every night, while mostly winning by 20+. Last night they let up on the DR at the end and let them bust through the century on their way home, but Canada put up 120! This is the exact kind of basketball that I have been waiting for all of these agonizing years with Canada Basketball, when before you couldn't even find the games on TV just a box-score on the back-page of the news-paper. These kids are bosses and their playing like it. I would wager that they could beat any international team in the world, excepting perhaps the Americans, although it would be akin to a bottom-feeding NBA team(MIN, PHI, etc.) beating an All-Star team; not likely...

Comment

• I think it was Argentina playing the rope-a-dope. No one wants to play Canada in a semi...

Comment

• Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                      I think it was Argentina playing the rope-a-dope. No one wants to play Canada in a semi...
                      If Argentina won they'd be playing Venezuela in the semis and we'd be playing Mexico.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        How can he outplay him ? You mean by NBA season ? Nicholson experience with National team should give him a slight advantage over Lyles ... Lyles is young we can use him for future Worlds or Olympics
                        Nicholson is only 25, he can be with the team at least through 2020 Olympics. Lyles would have to outplay someone to make the team. He'd need to outplay him in camp, but probably showing your stuff in the NBA helps too.

Comment

• Tough decisions to come for sure...Roster is only 12 and sure nuff more than 12 guys helped them get there...

Comment

• The best thing is that their are hard descions ... Also it is great cause if somebody says no or can't make it cause of injury or contract dispute we won't be crippple ... Like if Scola couldn't play for Argentina ... Scola has to play in every big tournment for Argentina ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              How can he outplay him ? You mean by NBA season ? Nicholson experience with National team should give him a slight advantage over Lyles ... Lyles is young we can use him for future Worlds or Olympics
                              Yeah I don't see Lyles replaces Nicholson if he impresses in his rookie year, most likely it could be Powell. Also Heslip or Ejim might be on the bubble come 2016 if Ennis does join the team and Dillon Brooks takes the next step in his development in the NCAA.

Comment

• BBALLBREAKDOWN video on the FIBA's.
                                Last edited by Cody73; Thu Sep 10, 2015, 10:12 PM.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X