Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    My summer has been more or less bookended by two horrible basketball performances.
    Raps were done early on lol it was still spring... All good, we have Blue Jays baseball for fall enjoyment then Raps season starts!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Ya it's messed up. Turkey, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia... Fuck.
      Probably no Tristan Thompson either next year. There goes the physical factor. What do all those above teams have in common? Physicality. Gonna be in tough next summer.

Comment

• Maybe Nash should coach
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          at least the blue jays are beating up on the yankees right now.
          We are only in the 5th. Things can change quickly......this is Toronto/Canada after all.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Lithuania played into the 2012 Olympics via the 2012 qualifier. Finished 8th in London.
            I rememer this, yup. Jonas played that year.

They must have changed their system or something, cuz in Eurobasket 2013 Lithuania 'won' silver and in World Cup 2014 they finished 4th.

Those European teams are fucking dangerous.

Comment

• Last edited by tonious35; Fri Sep 11, 2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Veteran experience keeps killing Canada when it counts....
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  Lithuania played into the 2012 Olympics via the 2012 qualifier. Finished 8th in London.

Watch JV turn into an all-star this year, only to knock us out in that tournament.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Very young, inexperienced team, playing in a hostile environment...I'm not surprised at all
                    They blasted the home squad who happen to be vastly better than the ymca squad that Venezuela put together in front of a much more hostile crowd. Canada has been the bad guy from the start. The crowd has been hostile to them from the jump, so they should have been used to it.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      They blasted the home squad who happen to be vastly better than the ymca squad that Venezuela put together in front of a much more hostile crowd. Canada has been the bad guy from the start. The crowd has been hostile to them from the jump, so they should have been used to it.
                      Still young, still inexperienced, and this was basically the first game they played that was do or die. Can't compare the pressure of this one to the pressure of any other game. They were nervous and it showed.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Psssst...Triano sucks... lacks the Venezuelan guy's gusto

Comment

• People are pissed. But don't miss the big picture, we are still a basketball power house on the rise. With fiba there is a lot of luck involved, and these guys are young, they will not be beaten down by one bad loss.

Go Canada

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                            People are pissed. But don't miss the big picture, we are still a basketball power house on the rise. With fiba there is a lot of luck involved, and these guys are young, they will not be beaten down by one bad loss.

Go Canada
                            Jerome is right, Grange lost us a bridge to cross into the Holy Land, but the war ain't over yet. After hanging Grange for incompetence, our team must fight another campaign to win the war....

Comment

• Vasquez plays in Rio. I would bet on it.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                                Psssst...Triano sucks... lacks the Venezuelan guy's gusto
                                That guy was insane. Probably should have been t'ed up on a couple of occasions. On one occasion, one of the refs had to cover his mouth and move him away from the court. His team fed off of it. It worked. Good for him. Has nothing to do with the fact that Triano is a bad coach. The team just didn't execute. They picked a bad time to have an off night.

Comment

Working...
                                X