Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Wiggins has also got to learn from this. As the best player in a must win game you cannot have only 9pts and be invisible for the majority of the game.
    For sure. That was a Maple Jordan moment if ever there was one, and Wiggy turned into maple sap. He's awesome, but may not have the clutch gene. Jamal Murray on the other hand...... F*ck NCAA

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      For sure. That was a Maple Jordan moment if ever there was one, and Wiggy turned into maple sap. He's awesome, but may not havs clutch gene. Jamal Murray on the other hand...... F*ck NCAA
      Jamal Murray has that alpha dog mentality that Wiggins just doesn't posses.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Our core is under 25, and only two of them have experienced this kinda intensity and level of play (CJ and Kelly). I knew it wasn't going to be a blow out, and I am not surprised VEN one. Last call was bullshit, but we really didn't deserve to win this game.

Still we have so many years together. Still can qualify next year and with Ennis, Thompson and Murray being able to go, it should be fun to watch.

Comment

• Looks like Argentina is gonna take this game.

So we'll play Mexico Tomorrow
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            Our core is under 25, and only two of them have experienced this kinda intensity and level of play (CJ and Kelly). I knew it wasn't going to be a blow out, and I am not surprised VEN one. Last call was bullshit, but we really didn't deserve to win this game.

Still we have so many years together. Still can qualify next year and with Ennis, Thompson and Murray being able to go, it should be fun to watch.
            We couldn't beat Latin American teams with their top players missing. How are we gonna beat Euro powerhouses like Croatia and Lithuania with NBA players and superior coaching. 2016 Olympics? Fuggedaboudit. This was our best shot. Jay will get a free pass for the next 5 years playing the "you need veterans to win" card.

Comment

• The bronze medal isn't so appealing.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Guy''s how many hail Mary shots did the other team make .. Holly crap the basketball gods weren't smiling on us today ..
                Yeah, I noticed that. Very disappointing. But sometimes the other guy comes up with vicious left-hook outta no-where, Ya know? It was weird. 6 points up late. And then they gutted it out. That guy with the weird 3-pt form hits one. Tied at the buzzer and then a foul call. Strange. Unlucky. I loved their coach. The crowd turned.

It's always tough when Cinder-fucking-Ella kicks your manly ass.

But it ain't over. And these young guys are going to get better and more experienced. Sometimes you have to know when to let the young 'uns off the hook? But a tough night, no doubt.
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Sep 11, 2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• I'm still in a state of shock over how badly we played. It seems like the only sports team I can trust is the Vancouver Whitecpas, although I probably just jinxed them by saying that.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, I noticed that. Very disappointing. But sometimes the other guy comes up with vicious left-hook outta no-where, Ya know? It was weird. 6 points up late. And then they gutted it out. That guy with the weird 3-pt form hits one. Tied at the buzzer and then a foul call. Strange. Unlucky. I loved their coach. The crowd turned.

It's always tough when Cinder-fucking-Ella kicks your manly ass.

But it ain't over. And these young guys are going to get better and more experienced. Sometimes you have to know when to let the young 'uns off the hook? But a tough night, no doubt.
                    With Tristan Thompson and Murray we can win next summer tournament ... in a one game winner take it all anything can happen .. 11-2 and that is a disappointing summer go figure .

Heck the Mexicans wanted not to play Canada and they are out of this tourney too.
                    Last edited by guyroch; Fri Sep 11, 2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

With Tristan Thompson and Murray we can win next summer tournament .
                      You can't win that tournament cuz there are no finals, but I disagree with you anyway.

Europe is strong as ever right now. And EuroBasket 2015 Round of 16 is really worrying me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain loses in quarter finals. Greece ( they'll beat Belgium for sure ) is really strong this year.

Can we beat Serbia (In my opinion, they gonna win the eurobasket this year )? Croatia? What if Spain loses in the quarters and we get to play 'em in that pre-olympic tournament? What if Lithuania shows up with full squad next year?

I think we'll need some luck to get to the Olympics.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Sat Sep 12, 2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        GUYS GUYS!!!

This loss actually united us back and got the forums heated up.....!!

OMG!! It's so fucking nice to see you guys again!

See you guys again in the comments after Zarar or Willie Lou posts the update!
                        Posters need to tread lightly--- we don't want to have this thread locked to 'cool things done'.

Comment

• So how about that Canadian talent going 2 Olympics.....

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Just saw the highlights, can you say CHOKE? zero excuse losing to Venezeuala, ZERO.

Also, that foul there in teh end was ridiculous. You can't make that call at the end of the game. Doornekamp barely touched the VEN player but whatever. It shouldn't have come down to that.

Btw, why was Doornekamp playing late in the game? for defence? LOL.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Meh. Don't believe in jinxes.

Canada is the SUPERIOR team. I'm expecting another blowout win. 25+ points.
                              I told you not to Jinx it!! my prediction unfortunately came true and Canada was in fact rattled.

Comment

With Tristan Thompson and Murray we can win next summer tournament ... in a one game winner take it all anything can happen .. 11-2 and that is a disappointing summer go figure .

Heck the Mexicans wanted not to play Canada and they are out of this tourney too.
                                If you can add TT and Murray to this squad, there's no question in my mind that they can advance through to Rio.

But who knows what players will be available when that date comes around. Murray would be essential, but he's going to be gearing up for a NBA squad most likely, and will he(they) want to chance him playing in a FIBA tourney + Olympics before suiting up for his new team(Raptors!)? Me thinks that'd be a hard sell.

Thompson would add solid young front court, but again, who knows what his status will be. I question his willingness to be part of team Canada as well. Not sure why, but I think he could be easily persuaded to not play.

Comment

Working...
                                X