• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No clip board necessary:

Comment

• Looking back at the semi the veteran guards just killed us

Comment

• Spain or Greece , France or Latvia , Italy or Jonas's , Serbia or CZE ... 4 of these teams will join Canada next summer to try to qualify for Olympics ... Holly Crap

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Spain or Greece , France or Latvia , Italy or Jonas's , Serbia or CZE ... 4 of these teams will join Canada next summer to try to qualify for Olympics ... Holly Crap
          I don't want to sound too cocky, but I would love to have Latvia or Czech in our group. And play them in Toronto.
          Last edited by rocwell; Tue Sep 15, 2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            No clip board necessary:

Don't look like a terrible shooter there.........

Comment

Spain or Greece , France or Latvia , Italy or Jonas's , Serbia or CZE ... 4 of these teams will join Canada next summer to try to qualify for Olympics ... Holly Crap
              The breakdown is that one or two of the Eurobasket countries mentioned would probably be in a group with Canada. Let's just say FIBA places one of the qualifiers in the Americas like they did in 2012 in Venezuela, then Canada would be in competition to host with Puerto Rico, Mexico, and the DR.

Best case scenario: Canada hosts and somehow avoids Spain, France, or Greece. Only one of these teams can qualify directly for Rio by finishing in the top two in Eurobasket.

Worst case scenario: Canada plays in a qualifier in Spain, France, Lithuania, or Greece.

I'm not sure how FIBA will seed these qualifiers. If they go by FIBA Americas' tournament standings then Canada would seed higher than Mexico, Puerto Rico and the DR. If seeds are determined by FIBA World rankings Canada would be the lowest seed of the Americas teams. FIBA will reassess their rankings after Eurobasket but they are based on a eight year cycle and weighted heavily based on World Cup and Olympic performances so Canada's third place finish at FIBA Americas last week will not move the dial much from the current 25th spot in World ranking.
              Last edited by stretch; Tue Sep 15, 2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                We would all be playing hockey if it wasnt for him
                I started playing Basketball (instead of Soccer) because of Mighty Mouse and the Raptors coming to Canada and I'm currently 25.
                Last edited by Just Is; Tue Sep 15, 2015, 10:34 AM.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well first future road block for Team Canada announced at FIBA Europe " Greece loses to Spain "

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    I started playing Basketball (instead of Soccer) because of Mighty Mouse and the Raptors coming to Canada and I'm currently 25.
                    I used to watch Mighty Mouse.

I'm 43

HA!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

I'm 43

HA!
                      not that one.

Comment

• I watched Popeye.

Comment

I watched Popeye.
                          I feel like he's changed from the old days, but maybe its just me ....

Comment

I watched Popeye.
                            Well while you were watching Popeye his son was watching the Leafs and became a NHL lottery pick ..

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

I'm 43

HA!
                              I actually meant Damon. Although he also DID make me try to find that show.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The thing that rang true for me was that despite all the NBA experience few of the Canadians had playoff experience. I think that's what showed. Other than CoJo none of those guys have taken a truly meaningful shot outside of NCAAs. The next game, who stepped up with 2 clutch shots? CoJo. This may become a real issue if Canada's NBA contingent remains shipwrecked on the dredges of NBA failure.

I'm not sure that a coach can resolve that. Yes, he was out coached. That bench should have been a lot shorter in the semis -- a lot of small things should have been corrected. But, I don't think that was the biggest issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X