No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, so I guess you heard that so far there are 8 countries that want to do the Olympic qualyfing tournaments (there will be a total of 3, one team to qualify from each). So far these are the countries that are considering to bid for the hosting rights: Mexico, Canada, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Germany, Serbia and Philippines. So Canada is in play to host
    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Just thinking the same thing ... Nash signed with suns for 5 yrs 65 million . Don't know how much he made with te Mavs
      Was his laker deal at less per year?

Comment

• Opposite of what I heard. I heard Canada was one of the few teams that didn't apply.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
          Was his laker deal at less per year?
          Lakers was 10M per year IIRC. Might have been 12.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Lakers was 10M per year IIRC. Might have been 12.
            Just under 10M per year, for three years.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Does this make him the highest paid Canadian athlete ever?
              Maybe in Basketball perhaps, but off the top of my head Joey Votto's contract with the Reds comes to mind as being twice as long and much more than double the amount.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Maybe in Basketball perhaps, but off the top of my head Joey Votto's contract with the Reds comes to mind as being twice as long and much more than double the amount.
                10 yr(s) / $225,000,000 ... I think Joey's gets title ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Didn't even know who Joey was. Or maybe I knew once and forgot. Almost a quarter of a billion dollars. Man. Of course, it just comes to a little over $12.5 million a year take home. :-)

Comment

• Nice start for Nik Stauskas with his new team ... Put up stats in all categories and 13 and 15 points in first two games since coming back from injury (no preseason ) .. Playing with the National could have helped on his confidence ..

Comment

• Jamal Murray see's first action tonight !! Can't wait how he plays ... He isn't getting as much hype on this side of the border as Wiggins but he may make more of a impact at the NCAA level ..

Comment

Jamal Murray see's first action tonight !! Can't wait how he plays ... He isn't getting as much hype on this side of the border as Wiggins but he may make more of a impact at the NCAA level ..
                        I expect him to make more impact than Wiggins as a freshman. Murray is NBA ready right now
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Jamal Murray see's first action tonight !! Can't wait how he plays ... He isn't getting as much hype on this side of the border as Wiggins but he may make more of a impact at the NCAA level ..
                          Some Murray hype here....

Kitchener’s Jamal Murray could be the best player in U.S. college basketball
                          http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...asketball.html

Comment

• Check out espn.com for our guy. Murray already has the highlight of the night from college basketball. (Sorry I can't post it)

Comment

• Canada climbs to No. 7 in FIBA combined rankings

TORONTO — Canada has climbed two spots two seventh on the FIBA combined men’s and women’s world basketball rankings.

The Canadian women won both the FIBA Americas Olympic qualifying tournament in Edmonton, and the Pan American Games in Toronto.

The men were third at their FIBA Americas tournament, enough to guarantee them a spot in a last-chance Olympic qualifying tournament next year.

The United States, Spain, France, Australia, Russia and Argentina continue to hold down the top six spots on the combined rankings.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2w0J84vFw

Jamal Murray highlights vs Duke | Kentucky vs Duke 11.17.2015

This guy has Wiggins talent with Cory Joseph's attitude ... Deadly combination ..
                                Last edited by guyroch; Wed Nov 18, 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X