Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Canadian Basketball

Let's be cheerful and look bright for the future of Canadian basketball. I believe we have a great future consider these players who will play for Canadian team.

PG - Cory Joseph, Brady Heslip, Phil Scrub
    SG - Jamal Murry, Nik Stauskas, Xavier Rathan Mayes
    SF - Andrew Wiggins, Melvin Ejim, Andrew Doornekamp
    PF - Anthony Bennett, Andrew Nicholson, Dwight Powell
    C - Kelly Olynyk, Thon Maker, Robert Sacre

Ofcourse we have young prospect in Andrew Nembhard and Rowan Barrett Jr to be considered for 2020 Olympics perhaps but the next Olympics of FIBA, our starting lineup are all NBA ready with two or possibly three being first pick overall. I'm so hyped about Canadian basket. I think we can beat most of the teams other than Team USA.

Comment

• Wiggins brother playing for Raptors D League .. Would be great if 905 team can also be a D LEAGUE foe the National team

http://dleague.nba.com/player/sim-bhullar/
      Last edited by guyroch; Fri Nov 20, 2015, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Justin Jackson, he was being so hyped up a couple years ago and now I don't hear a thing about him

Comment

• Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            Wiggins brother playing for Raptors D League .. Would be great if 905 team can also be a D LEAGUE foe the National team

http://dleague.nba.com/player/sim-bhullar/
            None of the guys on the DLeague team are good enough for the Canadian national team. That's a good thing though, our talent level is high.

Comment

• This would all fit pretty well in the Canada Basketball thread.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                None of the guys on the DLeague team are good enough for the Canadian national team. That's a good thing though, our talent level is high.
                With the new FIBA schedule it will be tough for NBA players to participate in a lot of the tourneys. We're going to need those D-League guys.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  With the new FIBA schedule it will be tough for NBA players to participate in a lot of the tourneys. We're going to need those D-League guys.
                  In any tournament schedule the key is developing chemistry ASAP and that is why maybe having the 905's having as many Canadians as possible is a good thing .. They will be used to playing for each other ...

This new FIBA Americas format is stupid ... The D-League has rules that go hand and hand with the NBA and FIBA is more Euro
                  ball rules ... Your asking players to go from one style of ball to another in a blink of an eye ..

Stop being trying to be like FIFA ...

Comment

• No Tristan Thompson?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Can anyone help me .. Other the Murray is there another couple of guys who are Canadian who are playing NCAA and are projected 1st round of the NBA draft ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        In any tournament schedule the key is developing chemistry ASAP and that is why maybe having the 905's having as many Canadians as possible is a good thing .. They will be used to playing for each other ...

This new FIBA Americas format is stupid ... The D-League has rules that go hand and hand with the NBA and FIBA is more Euro
                        ball rules ... Your asking players to go from one style of ball to another in a blink of an eye ..

Stop being trying to be like FIFA ...
                        If I am following the new FIBA rules correctly, Canada will not go to another worlds or Olympics until after 2030 and the format is changed. Very unfortunate but we will never be able to field even our B or C level teams for the comps.

Comment

• Thon Maker won't be representing Canada I don't think. But ya, things are certainly looking up for Canadian Hoops.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            If I am following the new FIBA rules correctly, Canada will not go to another worlds or Olympics until after 2030 and the format is changed. Very unfortunate but we will never be able to field even our B or C level teams for the comps.
                            Can we have like a Canadian Jr's hockey senerio happen ... What I mean is times NHL teams will allow a player to play at tourney at Christmas cause they would benefit from the tourney ..

Canadians on a NBA roster but not getting much playing time may get to go too these games cause it would be good for their development.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I don't think that new FIBA schedule will happen. If pros can't play FIBA is dead. I know I won't give a flying fuck anymore.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                I don't think that new FIBA schedule will happen. If pros can't play FIBA is dead. I know I won't give a flying fuck anymore.
                                If this new set up causes U.S not to qualify just one time then that will be the end of that ...

Comment

Working...
                                X