No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good night for Trey Lyles getting the start for Utah. 17 and 9. Now that was against the lakers so with the conversion it may be like 14 and 5 but still good.

Also getting love from the Utah press

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3427845-155/utah-jazz-rookie-trey-lyles-a

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Nik Stauskas is looking like a big project though....
      More than just a project, he looks like Andy Rautins 2.0 out there.

All the stuff he was good at in college, it's like he's simply not capable of doing it at NBA speed.

People are saying that Redick figured it out so Stauskas will too, but idk if it's the same. Redick was always able to shoot at the NBA level, Stauskas can't even do that right now.

EDIT: Yes I know I'm replying to a post from over a month ago.

Comment

• I think going to Sacramento really really hurt Stauskas...And fixing bad habits is only going to take time. People are quick to label "bust", and not willing to wait for potential

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          I think going to Sacramento really really hurt Stauskas...And fixing bad habits is only going to take time. People are quick to label "bust", and not willing to wait for potential
          I think he's just not good. Was relatively high on him on draft night but I haven't seen anything from him to indicate he's going to be a good player in the NBA.

There are plenty of players who start in bad situations but still figure things out and look respectable. Lakers are a terrible situation but you still see Randle, Clarkson, Russell playing decent basketball.

Comment

• Philippines, Italy, Serbia will host Olympic Qualifying Tournaments.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Philippines, Italy, Serbia will host Olympic Qualifying Tournaments.
              It doesn't matter where the games are this team is too talented to not make the Olympics and it will be a massive failure if they don't qualify.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                It doesn't matter where the games are this team is too talented to not make the Olympics and it will be a massive failure if they don't qualify.
                They already failed going the easy route. I wonder if another year of experience for the young guys will be enough to tough it out in the more difficult upcoming tournament.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  I would love to see our boys play against desperate Serbian team in Belgrade. That arena would be an absolute hell. Too bad they qualified. .
                  Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jan 19, 2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    They already failed going the easy route. I wonder if another year of experience for the young guys will be enough to tough it out in the more difficult upcoming tournament.
                    I think adding Jamal Murray to the team makes all the difference. He was our best player at the PanAm's but couldn't play in the FIBA America's because of school. There is also that Tristan Thompson guy who is pretty damn good, but didn't play in the FIBA America's due to contract negotiations. We were missing 2 starters on that squad, so just adding them makes us a ton better.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Our team's getting pretty stacked...

Pg: Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis
                      SG: Nik Stauskas
                      SF: Andrew Wiggins, Andrew Nicholson
                      PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Khem Birch
                      C: Kelly Olynyk, Robert Sacre, Joel Anthony, Jordan Bachynski/Sim Bhullar

Probably forgetting some, but it seems like we should compete for a medal in the 2016 Olympics
                      Pg: Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis, Jamaal Murray
                      SG: Nik Stauskas, Brady H
                      SF: Andrew Wiggins, Melvin Ejim
                      PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Nicholson, Dwight Powell, Khem Birch
                      C: Kelly Olynyk, Robert Sacre (no, no, pls, no), Joel Anthony, Jordan Bachynski/Sim Bhullar

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        Pg: Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis, Jamaal Murray
                        SG: Nik Stauskas, Brady H
                        SF: Andrew Wiggins, Melvin Ejim
                        PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Nicholson, Dwight Powell, Khem Birch
                        C: Kelly Olynyk, Robert Sacre (no, no, pls, no), Joel Anthony, Jordan Bachynski/Sim Bhullar
                        Murray will play SG on team Canada, and in the NBA. He played way better than Stauskas. Bring Stauskas off the bench.

PG: CoJo, Ennis
                        SG: Murray, Stauskas
                        SF: Wiggins, Ejim
                        PF: Thompson, Nicholson, Bennett (can also play some C)
                        C: Olynyk, Powell

Also have young up and coming guys in Lyles, Wiltjer, and Rathan-Mayes.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Murray will play SG on team Canada, and in the NBA. He played way better than Stauskas. Bring Stauskas off the bench.

I forgot about Lyles..he is Dwight Powell good, but doesn't mind to operate like a Patrick Patterson. I keep forgetting about Saskatooners

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

What do you guys think this teams 82 game record would be if it was an nba team?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              What do you guys think this teams 82 game record would be if it was an nba team?
                              Not good even with the best coach any of them have in Brad Stevens.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Probably similar to the Celtics. It looks roughly as talented as that team. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic there, but I think it'd be close to a .500 team. That is assuming Murray is a boss in the NBA like he has been for Team Canada and Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X