Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I've watched a few T'Wolves games, including last night and their previous game against GS (a close loss), and I have a hard time getting a read on Wiggins. I watch him and I can't help but feel disappointed, then you see his stats and he's quietly put up a solid game (last night: 32 points on 11/19 & 2/3 shooting, 8/9 from the line, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 steals).

Just like when he was at Kansas, he doesn't seem to demand the ball in crunch time and doesn't appear to have that killer instinct. I think that's just his personality; quiet, unassuming, good teammate, effortless scorer. Plus he's still very young, only in his second season, and he just seems like a nice kid. I could see his demeanor and approach changing over time, as he gains NBA experience and confidence in his own game.

I think Wiggins would be an amazing 2nd option, much like Pippen was to Jordan. Jordan was the leader (with words and through actions) with the killer mentality, while Pippen was the quiet, effective, well-rounded sidekick.

If Minnesota can add another top 3-5 pick to their young core (Wiggins, KAT, etc...), they could be scary good in a couple seasons.
    I think you pretty much nailed it with this analysis. Huge fan of Wiggins. I wish he would be more selfish and impose his will on the game. He can.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      he's quietly put up a solid game (last night: 32 points on 11/19 & 2/3 shooting, 8/9 from the line, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 steals).
      If that's a solid game, I wonder what a great game would be?

Comment

• Celtics Kelly Olynyk Is Hoping For No Time Off This Summer

http://probballreport.com/celtics-ke...f-this-summer/

Comment

• Jeez Andrew Nicholson continues to contribute off Orlando bench SS must instill him with confidence.

Comment

• Going to watching the biosteel game and checking in on the cavs/hawks anyone doing the same?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              Going to watching the biosteel game and checking in on the cavs/hawks anyone doing the same?
              Thon will not play

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Thon will not play
                If you were a scout would that be a negative ? Or are these type of games hard for a big man to shine ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                  If you were a scout would that be a negative ?
                  Of course not. It doesn't change anything.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Of course not. It doesn't change anything.
                    He's going undrafted I bet. It's another Christian Wood scenario all over again.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      He's going undrafted I bet. It's another Christian Wood scenario all over again.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        If you were a scout would that be a negative ? Or are these type of games hard for a big man to shine ?
                        It's a huge concern for me because he has looked shitty in the last couple of showcase games he's played in. I bet that's why he's not playing, because he would probably look bad and destroy what little draft stock he has.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          It's a huge concern for me because he has looked shitty in the last couple of showcase games he's played in. I bet that's why he's not playing, because he would probably look bad and destroy what little draft stock he has.
                          Yup, Thon knows this shit... can't say same about his brother..

Comment

This is a pretty big gamble to take at first glance to bypass the US college route to the NBA, Why would he or his advisers go the route ?

Anyone know or want to speculate about Thon's ability to pass the SAT and gain admittance to an NCAA program ?
                            If he can't then this is likely the best roll of the dice they have.... If he can... then he better not get an agent because if he does then the NCAA probably won't admit him if he goes undrafted..
                            This is a huge gamble on his part. Huge.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Apr 11, 2016, 10:26 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

I wouldn't touch this guy until the second round ..

Comment

• Let me throw a fun question cause I am curious for response of Canada basketball fans ...

Okay Canada basketball fans and Raptor fans .. The sports gods will grant you one wish and the choice is Team Canada making RIO and making it to medal round or Raptors making Conference Finals ... Which one would you choose ?

Comment

Working...
                                X