Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    In agreement. I wish TSN or sports net would do big story on their lack of patriotism and start asking difficult questions to the players in question.
    There's more to it than patriotism. I wouldn't be going to Brazil this summer, either, and zika is only part of it. Bad water, superbugs, zika, bad political situation... All good reasons to consider not going.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
      There's more to it than patriotism. I wouldn't be going to Brazil this summer, either, and zika is only part of it. Bad water, superbugs, zika, bad political situation... All good reasons to consider not going.
      If those are their reasons then why not just come out and say it
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Canadian Guard Jamal Murray Sets A Celtics 3-Point Record

http://probballreport.com/canadian-g...-point-record/

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Heck wouldn't we all give them a pass if they said that the Zika virus was a large concern rather them saying your getting ready for a 76ers season ?
          Last edited by guyroch; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
            Then they should come out and say it. But all these other stupid excuses just infuriates Canada basketball fans.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Then they should come out and say it. But all these other stupid excuses just infuriates Canada basketball fans.
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              EXACTLY. To be honest, I wouldn't go to the Rio Olympics cuz of Zika, but these guys should just come out and SAY I'm boycotting 2016 Olympics cuz I don't want to be a part of potential global,explosive pandemic. See y'all next year.

Comment

• The more I think about it the more it pisses me off ... Nik and Andew have been off since the 1st week of April ... Isn't the best way to help you NBA club is playing in a must win scenario which will occur in these tournaments . When was the last time they played a meaningful game ( other then Canada Basketball ) ie something to emotional draw on when the situation occurs in the NBA .. Wiggins should want to play in one of those and succeed cause the last time he did he failed to play a great game ..

What does it say about Jay as a coach ? I guess Andy Rautins has hung up his Canada basketball shoes since his dad was given the door ..

We the North passion I guess only applies to the Raptors ...
                Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Kelly Olynyk of the Boston Celtics has been advised to undergo surgery on his right shoulder, but he is looking at delaying it in order to help Canada in the tournament.

“If I rest it, I would definitely partake in the Olympic (qualifying tournament),” Olynyk told Comcast SportsNet New England.

“That would be the reason to not get surgery at this point. If you rest it, it’ll get better but never solve the problem. That’s what we’re looking at.”

Postponing the surgery presents a tricky situation for Olynyk, who as much as possible doesn’t

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Kelly Olynyk of the Boston Celtics has been advised to undergo surgery on his right shoulder, but he is looking at delaying it in order to help Canada in the tournament.

“If I rest it, I would definitely partake in the Olympic (qualifying tournament),” Olynyk told Comcast SportsNet New England.

“That would be the reason to not get surgery at this point. If you rest it, it’ll get better but never solve the problem. That’s what we’re looking at.”

Postponing the surgery presents a tricky situation for Olynyk, who as much as possible doesn’t
                    There's still a real few who haven't forgot where they came from.

Another thing nobody is saying is how wiggins has completely abandoned his brothers that he went to war with last summer. What a punk.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Because managers and advisers would never let professional athletes call out a whole country like that.

Comment

• For all the talk of who wasn’t there, the real face of the sport in this country was exactly where you'd expect him to be: in the gym with whoever else cared to show up. He was there last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. He was there when expectations were high, when a pack of Canadian media made the trip to watch the team flame out in Mexico City. He's still there now that most of those expectations, most of the media and most of his teammates have flown the coop.
                        Cory Joseph has been representing his country with pride for almost a decade. He debuted for the senior club in the summer of 2011, a couple months after being drafted by the San Antonio Spurs, and hasn't passed on an opportunity to don the red and white since. When they call, he answers. It's a big part of his DNA as a player and as a person.
                        “It’s who he is,” said Jay Triano, Joseph's longtime head coach with the national team. “He loves playing basketball. He talks a little bit about his experience with San Antonio and listening to Manu [Ginobili] talk about winning [a gold medal at] the Olympics [with Argentina], and Tony Parker winning the European Championships [with France]. That’s something that resonates with him, and he wants to be that guy in the locker room, talking about how great it is to play for his country. So he answers the bell every single time."

"I grew up watching the [Canadian] National Team with [Steve] Nash and Rick Fox and all of them," said the 24-year-old point guard. "I was really inspired by those days and I wanted basketball to move [back] in that direction for Canada."

That seemed to be where they were headed, and still may be, despite last summer's setback. With a 12-man roster that included eight NBA players, the Canadians were on cruise control at the FIBA Americas Championship, winning seven of their first eight games before dropping the only one that mattered, a heartbreaker to the less talented Venezuelans with a trip to the Olympics — their first since 2000 — on the line.
                        After the loss, Joseph wore it like a leader should. Fighting back tears in an emotional moment - over a month of anticipation and hard work down the drain - he, Kelly Olynyk and Andrew Nicholson were the only players to address the media. Wiggins was nowhere to be found.
                        Love cojo man. He is a proud Canadian. Wiggins seems to almost be trying to distance himself. Punk. Welcome to my bad books andy.

Comment

• The smartest thing Wiggins can do is not play and work on developing his game and taking the Wolves to another level.

Right now he is a high usage chucker on a bad team...he needs to learn how to win before it is going to translate to team canada in a meaningful way

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            The smartest thing Wiggins can do is not play and work on developing his game and taking the Wolves to another level.

Right now he is a high usage chucker on a bad team...he needs to learn how to win before it is going to translate to team canada in a meaningful way
                            He presently is Rudy Gay ...

Comment

• https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/201...ke-their-toll/

To wit, 6’7″ Dillon Brooks, who was impressive last summer coming off the bench during the Pan-Am games, and on paper set to be one of Canada’s rotation guys on this roster, is currently saddled with leg/foot injury and is in a cast. Brooks recently withdrew his name from the N.B.A. draft and will return to Eugene for his junior season.
                              Dillon’s teammate at Oregon, the freakishly athletic 6’11” Chris Boucher, who led the entire Pac-12 in blocked shots, made a strong early impression in camp, being active and protecting the rim – some viewed him as a shoe-in for a roster spot – however Boucher had to return to Oregon to complete summer courses.
                              Veteran 6’9″ center Joel Anthony, who over the past 15 years has continually answered the bell for Canada – through good times and other – and deserves the utmost respect and honor for his ongoing loyalty to the program and his country, is in the midst of welcoming a newborn to his family, justifiably casting doubt as to whether he will be available. Unfortunately for Canada, these issues cast further doubt on the roster and make things even more challenging for Triano and the rest of the brain trust.
                              On the positive side, what remains is a reasonably strong back court with 6’2″ Cory Joseph (Joseph will be given well-deserved time off for rest and is not expected to travel to Italy when the team leaves for a series of exhibitions this coming Thursday but is in for Manila),
                              6’1″ Tyler Ennis who has been solid and by all accounts a loyal program guy,
                              6’3″ Brady Heslip – some expect Turkey to play a lot of zone and Brady continues to show the shooting range that we all have come to know and respect over the past two summers
                              6’3″ Phil Scrubb who has been battling injury also.
                              Depth at the 3 spot is a concern as 6’7″ Thomas Scrubb at this point in time is the probable starter, having matured physically and grown his game after a championship season in Finland.
                              6’7″ Melvin Ejim, who provided so much energy off the bench for Canada last season, taking charges, keeping balls alive on the glass and finishing inside and out, is slotted as the starting four man.
                              6’6″ Dyshawn Pierre, who just finished his senior year at Dayton, is in camp but missed time due to working out for some pro teams. The staff appears to be trying Pierre at both the 3 and 4 spots.
                              6’4″ Naz Long, just granted another season of eligibility at Iowa State on compassionate injury-based grounds, is in camp and brings a reputation as a long-range shooter.
                              Veteran Levon Kendall and 7’5″ Sim Bhullar are available at the 5 spot.
                              There has been talk that 6’7″ Anthony Bennett, presently an unrestricted N.B.A. free agent and/or 6’9″ Khem Birch, a Montreal native who plays for Uşak Sportif of the Turkish Basketball Super League, will be in camp – neither was on the original invite list however neither have as yet shown up to camp.
                              CIS fans will be pleased to hear that by all accounts 6’10” Owen Klassen (Acadia/German pro league) has had a solid camp and remains a candidate to at least make the trip to Italy.
                              Highly-touted 6’5″ wing R.J. Barrett has been steady at the 3 spot and 6’4″ Shai Alexander, originally from Hamilton who will suit up for the Florida Gators as a freshman this coming season, probably is a bit away but numerous observers marvel at Alexander’s skill set and, as importantly, how well he soaks up instruction and his very positive attitude – expect Alexander to have some future with the program going forward if his progress continues.
                              We are about 48 hours away from the team breaking camp in Toronto to travel to Italy with their first game against Croatia next week. Many are anxious to discover which group of 12 will make the journey to Europe – we expect and hope that post-Europe, more players – hopefully Tristan Thompson – will also join in time for 5th July game vs. Turkey. Stay tuned.
                              Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jun 15, 2016, 03:49 AM.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch officially showed up to camp! And Bennett apparently looks slimmer than he ever has.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X