No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can understand if Triston says no ... How many times do you get to win a NBA Championship and he should get the opportunity to enjoy every moment of celebrating and that can't be done in a week or two ...

Again I say ... Guys like Wiggins and Nik are giving up an opportunity to get that same feeling as Thompson in a smaller scale ie getting your Country to the Olympics ... Next year for these two guys will be playing for at best a 9th or 10 seed ...

Comment

• I love that the leading scorer was a Scrubb.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        I can understand if Triston says no ... How many times do you get to win a NBA Championship and he should get the opportunity to enjoy every moment of celebrating and that can't be done in a week or two ...

Again I say ... Guys like Wiggins and Nik are giving up an opportunity to get that same feeling as Thompson in a smaller scale ie getting your Country to the Olympics ... Next year for these two guys will be playing for at best a 9th or 10 seed ...
        Wiggins I get. He played a lot of minutes the last two seasons and carries a heavy load in Minny. Stauskas is a deep rotation/bench player with an, at best, middling NBA career at the moment. I would have thought he'd jump at the chance to play internationally.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Wiggins I get. He played a lot of minutes the last two seasons and carries a heavy load in Minny. Stauskas is a deep rotation/bench player with an, at best, middling NBA career at the moment. I would have thought he'd jump at the chance to play internationally.
          Wiggins begins his holidays in late April and will be on holidays in late April again this year ... He is in his early 20's .... I am pretty sure everyone on the U.S team some even playing in the Finals have logged a lot more minutes and are older then Wiggins .. Hey if you can't play for your country in your early 20's then when can you play for it ?

Listen every Canadian and U.S player can come up with an excuse not to play .. That is easy ... You would think Colengelo duo
          who are affiliated with the 76ers would actually encourage his participation

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I love that the leading scorer was a Scrubb.
            I watched this guy come into the Lakehead University gym and get buckets on multiple occasions. That team at Carleton was not fair. They lost like 4 games over the course of Scrubb's 5 year career.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              Canada beats Croatia! There's hope, yet.

http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...-over-crotatia

https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/

Olynyk, though injured and not able to play this summer, is traveling with the National Team.
              my respect for olynyk just skyrocketed
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                my respect for olynyk just skyrocketed
                He would be a good starting 4 here. Maybe Boston lands Kevin Love and MU gets involved to bring Olynyk home...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• France lost to Serbia tonight and Diaw looked horrible af!

Oh and this happened:

Comment

• Comment

• Tristan Thompson is the latest Canadian player with a NBA championship ring. Off the top of my head the other Canadians with rings are Cory Joseph, Joel Anthony, Rick Fox, Mike Smrek and Bill Wennington. Am I missing anyone from the list?

Comment

Tristan Thompson is the latest Canadian player with a NBA championship ring. Off the top of my head the other Canadians with rings are Cory Joseph, Joel Anthony, Rick Fox, Mike Smrek and Bill Wennington. Am I missing anyone from the list?
                        Nope. #ShortList

Comment

• On a FIBA topic cause Canada basketball and FIBA and NBA are related when it comes to this thread ... I do recall when both Kyle and Stephen were on team U.S .. It was Kyle who won tournament MVP ...

Comment

• Cory Joseph has joined the national team in Europe.

This brings Canada roster back to 12 with Joseph, Tyler Ennis, Phil Scrubb, Brady Heslip, Thomas Scrubb, Melvin Ejim, Anthony Bennett, Khem Birch, Shai Alexander, Levon Kendall, Dyshawn Pierre and Sim Bhullar
                            https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/201...n-joins-staff/

Shai Alexander is a high school player from Hamilton.

Comment

Cory Joseph has joined the national team in Europe.

https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/201...n-joins-staff/

Shai Alexander is a high school player from Hamilton.
                              Great link and update

Comment

• Canada wins their opener in the FIBA U17 against Australia. Shittu and Barrett lead the way.

Stats http://www.fiba.com/world/u17/2016/2...ore_statistics

Full game:

Comment

Working...
                                X