Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Will the qualifers be aired on TSN? Where can we watch them?
    FIBA events added to TSN’s broadcast schedule include:

2015 FIBA AMERICAS WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP – the biennial women’s basketball championship tournament for the Americas zone (Latin America, Caribbean, North and South America), beginning August 9 from Edmonton. The top team will automatically qualify to compete in Women’s Basketball at the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games. Canada Basketball is hosting the event (click here for more information).
    2015 FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP – the biennial men’s basketball championship tournament for the Americas zone (Latin America, Caribbean, North and South America), beginning August 31 from Mexico City, Mexico. The top two teams will automatically qualify to compete in Men’s Basketball at the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games.
    2016 FIBA OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT and 2016 FIBA WOMEN’S OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT – the final Olympic qualifying events feature nations who do not directly qualify for the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games at their respective continental tournaments.

Comment

• Tristan!

Thank you!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Tristan!

Thank you!
        Damn Andy your excuses are looking even weaker now
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Tristan!

Thank you!
          Tristan Thompson says yes to help Canada Qualify

Don't know if this may sway Nik from playing ?? To tell you the truth if I had a choice between Nik and Wiggins saying yes it would be Nik ...
          Last edited by guyroch; Mon Jun 27, 2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• is olynk coming?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              is olynk coming?
              He's injured

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Tristan Thompson says yes to help Canada Qualify

Don't know if this may sway Nik from playing ?? To tell you the truth if I had a choice between Nik and Wiggins saying yes it would be Nik ...
                Wow I must Canadian Hoops fan ... I was more excited about the news of Tristan then any Rap win this season

Comment

• What does everyone think of Andrew Nicholson ? Could he be a good player for Raps PF situation .. Give him a 1 year with player option after second year

Comment

He's injured
                    will jamal murray play at least?

Comment

What does everyone think of Andrew Nicholson ? Could he be a good player for Raps PF situation .. Give him a 1 year with player option after second year
                      no he didn't really do that great with the minutes he had on the magic.... he wouldnt be much better then Jason Thompson other then the fact that he is Canadian ... in fact JT is better.

Comment

What does everyone think of Andrew Nicholson ? Could he be a good player for Raps PF situation .. Give him a 1 year with player option after second year
                        If I take a shot on a player like that, it's not with a player option. I don't know that there will be much of a market - I'd be shooting for the MLE with a team option in the 4th year. Or if you wanted a shorter risk, in the 2nd or 3rd year (the option year would be the last year of the deal in each case).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I like Nicholson

I think he fits what we are doing too.

Comment

• Tristan probably feels guilty for not joining the team last year

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                              Tristan probably feels guilty for not joining the team last year
                              Him and Cory Joseph are great friends and Cory may have reached out to him ... No need to feel guilty ... A big payout was coming his way and he would have been risking that ..

Nik is financially secured for a couple of years ... I do think his game really suites the nternational style and having a great tourney may have helped show case his abilities more then
                              limited time playing for a Lottery team like the 76ers .. The 76ers are going to live and die and try to show case their 1st overall pick and that means remaining at the bottom of the standings ..

Heck Wiggins playing for the Wolves fetched them a 1st overall pic .. I can't see Simmons who
                              couldn't lead his NCAA team to the tourney could lead the 76ers to a better record then last year .. Heck they maybe better but still remain in the same draft position ..
                              Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• U17 Men's National Team heads to quarterfinals after 79-52 defeat of Dominican Republic

Comment

Working...
                                X