Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30804621/

The Stauskas case is clearer. He needs to solidify his NBA future. The slender 6-foot-6 shooting guard saw solid court time with the woeful Philadelphia 76ers but has been easily muscled around in the NBA. He struggled on offence and defence.

“His first two years weren’t great,” said Paul Stauskas, Nik’s father.

A summer of international basketball wasn’t the answer. Since the regular season ended in mid-April, it’s been all about bulking up – and adding flexibility in yoga and pilates. Stauskas’s core strength has increased considerably. He has gained about 10 pounds of muscle, up from 205 and aiming for 220.

Choosing career over country wasn’t easy.

Stauskas is close with Steve Nash, general manager of the national team.

“When Steve calls and says, ‘Hey Nik, we need you for the team,’ it’s very difficult to say no,” Paul Stauskas said.
    yeah I don't blame him. I am more mad at wiggins

Comment

• So Canada has to win outright to get to Rio right? They can't just get to the finals?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So Canada has to win outright to get to Rio right? They can't just get to the finals?
        There can be only one.

Comment

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30804621/

The Stauskas case is clearer. He needs to solidify his NBA future. The slender 6-foot-6 shooting guard saw solid court time with the woeful Philadelphia 76ers but has been easily muscled around in the NBA. He struggled on offence and defence.

“His first two years weren’t great,” said Paul Stauskas, Nik’s father.

A summer of international basketball wasn’t the answer. Since the regular season ended in mid-April, it’s been all about bulking up – and adding flexibility in yoga and pilates. Stauskas’s core strength has increased considerably. He has gained about 10 pounds of muscle, up from 205 and aiming for 220.

Choosing career over country wasn’t easy.

Stauskas is close with Steve Nash, general manager of the national team.

“When Steve calls and says, ‘Hey Nik, we need you for the team,’ it’s very difficult to say no,” Paul Stauskas said.
          I don't buy this argument at all. Every player on the the national team could have used a similar excuse.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            I don't buy this argument at all. Every player on the the national team could have used a similar excuse.
            Oh I agree 100 percent .. Heck just get us too the dance and take rest of the summer off

Comment

• Tied at the half. Canada not playing great. Have to prevent layups and open 3s better.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• our rebounding is bad

Comment

• Canada Wins! On to the Finals! 78-72, CoJo once again the heart & soul of the team leading the way with 20pts, TT with 13pt 10reb and the late game hero Ejim (13pts, 7rebs) with 2 key defensive stops, a steal, a game winning rebound/put-back dunk to seal the game. Defensive animal....1 more win to RIO

Comment

• Damn New Zealand looked real good! Not sure how Latvia and Lithuania beat them so easily.

Comment

• don't know if it was NZ being good or Canada being sloppy that made them look better than they are....Canada definitely needs to get a better flow to their game in order to beat *France (my assumed winner of the next semi) in the finals

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        Canada Wins! On to the Finals! 78-72, CoJo once again the heart & soul of the team leading the way with 20pts, TT with 13pt 10reb and the late game hero Ejim (13pts, 7rebs) with 2 key defensive stops, a steal, a game winning rebound/put-back dunk to seal the game. Defensive animal....1 more win to RIO
                        I watch Tristan and I am convinced he would have been a difference maker ... Great rebounder

Comment

I watch Tristan and I am convinced he would have been a difference maker ... Great rebounder
                          He would have for his leadership.

You look at a lineup with Cojo - Stauskas - Wiggins - Olynk - Thompson... we win last year.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Damn New Zealand looked real good! Not sure how Latvia and Lithuania beat them so easily.

The dude on the far left looks so awkward ahahaha
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I hear the NZ team did the Haka before the game (thats always an eye opener!). Wonder if that threw off the Canadian team lol.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                There can be only one.
                                Mandatory accompanying image:

Comment

Working...
                                X