Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
    so true...D-League, Euro and college all play in Nov & Feb...Canada gonna have to find talent from like the NBLC... :|
    NCAA will not allow it's players to compete internationally during the school year (Sept.-April).

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      it's described in the video that RepTdot posted. There will be a qualifying tournament that will be spread out over 1.5 years, from November 2017 to February 2019.

16 teams enter, 7 teams qualify for the World Cup.

I'm not sure how this will work in practice, because it's not just the NBA players that won't come for many of these games. Why would colleges for example let their kids go play in these tournaments in November or February?

I read that some other pro leagues might take a break during these FIBA dates.
      thanks

Comment

• "there is no better training or competition in the world in the summertime than playing for your country" I think Cory Joseph took a little shot at Wiggins & Staukas in the post game press conference lol

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
          "there is no better training or competition in the world in the summertime than playing for your country" I think Cory Joseph took a little shot at Wiggins & Staukas in the post game press conference lol
          A little emotion... no one likes to lose... and they coulda used a little help...France had more NBA guys than we did.

Still though you don't know the pressure the NBA teams put on guys like Lyles and Murray to be in summer league on a team agenda... The memory of Paul George getting hurt so bad still resonates in the NBA thinking I would bet..

CoJo took the team on his shoulders... built some more of that intangible leadership quality you like to see in your players.....
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• How the hell did we lose to this team.. ?!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              How the hell did we lose to this team.. ?!

Canada mostly lose the big games other then Hockey. Ranoic is going to lose today also.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Canada mostly lose the big games other then Hockey. Ranoic is going to lose today also.
                Raonic already lost. In straight sets.

Comment

• http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/...r-absence.html

Andrew Wiggins gets heat from Canadians for Olympic qualifier absence
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Raonic already lost. In straight sets.
                    Damn thought it was this afternoon, oh well I guessed it right. Now team France in soccer is going to win also.

Comment

• Ridiculous that Canada, with the most players in the NBA after the US, can't crack a 12 team Olympic pool.

They've made progress but still a long way to go.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Until this recent BS around qualifying I would have said we were a lock to make a run in the worlds in 19 and medal in the 2020 Olympics, but who the fuck knows now
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Until this recent BS around qualifying I would have said we were a lock to make a run in the worlds in 19 and medal in the 2020 Olympics, but who the fuck knows now
                          FIBA another organization that is probably corrupt like FIFA.

Comment

How the hell did we lose to this team.. ?!

To be fair, Venezuela looked exhausted (jet lag?). JV had 14 pts and it was his first game since the playoffs. Greivis was so bad, I couldn't believe he's an NBA player.
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                              To be fair, Venezuela looked exhausted (jet lag?). JV had 14 pts and it was his first game since the playoffs. Greivis was so bad, I couldn't believe he's an NBA player.
                              Thank Gawd we have Cojo being steady Eddie as a backup, with Greivis you just want to rip your hair out with frustration and his attitude didn't help.

Comment

• This.

Murray has an excuse, he just got drafted. KO and Nicholson I believe are both injured(?). So I can't really blame them for not participating.

But what the fuck is Wiggins excuse? Lyles? Stauskas?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X