Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Stauskas probably wants his 2017-18 option to be picked up in October, so it's an important summer for him. If I'm Stauskas, I do whatever 76ers want me to do. If Colangelo wants me to be in the summer league, I'm in the summer, if he wants me to clean his house, I clean his house.
    I'm sure they wanted him to cover ESPYs..

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      I'm sure they wanted him to cover ESPYs..
      I hope not, that would be some North Korea shit. Give the dude some free evening time, training 24/7 is not a good idea!

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Stauskas probably wants his 2017-18 option to be picked up in October, so it's an important summer for him. If I'm Stauskas, I do whatever 76ers want me to do. If Colangelo wants me to be in the summer league, I'm in the summer, if he wants me to clean his house, I clean his house.
        I don't think this is a Colengelo thing and he would not have had a problem with it ... First his father believes playing for your country is important and he and Jay have a great relationship ..

Comment

• Does anybody else think Team Canada needs a new coach? Triano isn't getting it done

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            I think he was talking about the guys that were not present. What could our true top 12 do vs. the world, not the the 12 we can get.
            Mute point. It's not like we could ever get them all to show up.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Mute point. It's not like we could ever get them all to show up.
              Bidding and trying to get the FIBA World Championship may get them to all show up ... Heck Rick Fox made his one and only appearance for Canada when an event was held in Toronto

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Bidding and trying to get the FIBA World Championship may get them to all show up ... Heck Rick Fox made his one and only appearance for Canada when an event was held in Toronto
                2019 WC will be held in China. 2023 FIBA WC got a shortlist already..

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Does anybody else think Team Canada needs a new coach? Triano isn't getting it done
                  I don't have a full picture, but I actually liked how Canada played in this olympic qualifier vs. France very much. Tough team with heart, they just kept fighting and coming back but lost to a more talented team.

Comment

• Canadian women get a silver at the under 18

Comment

• U18 MEN OPEN FIBA AMERICAS WITH BIG WIN OVER ARGENTINA
                      VALDIVIA, CHILE – The U18 Men's National Team begin play at the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Men’s Championship with a 92-58 victory over Argentina on Tuesday.

Comment

• Getting back to the subject of dedication to the national program, Carlos Delfino, who has not played any basketball since the 2012-13 season due to a foot injury, is on the Argentina roster for Rio.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          Getting back to the subject of dedication to the national program, Carlos Delfino, who has not played any basketball since the 2012-13 season due to a foot injury, is on the Argentina roster for Rio.
                          I'm not surprised. Look at FIBA's top teams (excluding USA). Spain, Argentina, France, Lithuania, Serbia. Kids from those countries dream about playing for NT.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Getting back to the subject of dedication to the national program, Carlos Delfino, who has not played any basketball since the 2012-13 season due to a foot injury, is on the Argentina roster for Rio.
                            It could say something about the Argentina program they still relying on Delfino .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              It could say something about the Argentina program they still relying on Delfino .
                              Their youth development program needs a makeover. Way too many young boys are choosing soccer.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Their youth development program needs a makeover. Way too many young boys are choosing soccer.

This tourney going on has seen Argentina finish 4th in the last 3 events after winning it in 2008 ...
                                Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jul 19, 2016, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X