No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is basketball talent here in Canada but it has never materialized into success in the FIBA realm of things. The FIBA ranking is 26th in the world. Hard to get my head around that level of lack of success.

Meanwhile, Wiggins is busy working on his 720 dunk.....

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Suns add Canada Basketball coach Jay Triano as associate head coach

Do you think Suns lure Nash back Suns organization ?
      He's already employed by the World Champions, so probably not any time soon.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        There is basketball talent here in Canada but it has never materialized into success in the FIBA realm of things. The FIBA ranking is 26th in the world. Hard to get my head around that level of lack of success.

Meanwhile, Wiggins is busy working on his 720 dunk.....
        As far as I am concerned Wiggins is a traitor to his country of birth. He needs to get booed to wake him up. Media needs to put more pressure on him.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          As far as I am concerned Wiggins is a traitor to his country of birth. He needs to get booed to wake him up. Media needs to put more pressure on him.
          Oh, FFS. It's sports. He's not dodging the draft.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

That's bit too far imo.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned wiggins left his atheletic brethren high and dry when they went into battle, he was chilling in vegas.

How's that.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                As far as I'm concerned wiggins left his atheletic brethren high and dry when they went into battle, he was chilling in vegas.

How's that.
                Honestly.. I'm over it. You see, it's going to take more than one guy, experience and time to build a culture like France or Lithuania's. And Wiggins is definitely not that guy who's going to take this shit seriously, unfortunately.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                  Oh, FFS. It's sports. He's not dodging the draft.
                  His character indicates that IF there was a draft he would dodge it. Canadians could learn a thing or two from Americans re patriotism. He has a skill set which very few of his fellow citizens have and should use that skill set for the betterment of his country.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    As far as I'm concerned wiggins left his atheletic brethren high and dry when they went into battle, he was chilling in vegas.

How's that.
                    In agreement. He should be called out .

Comment

• Australia beat France by 21... fml.

Comment

His character indicates that IF there was a draft he would dodge it. Canadians could learn a thing or two from Americans re patriotism. He has a skill set which very few of his fellow citizens have and should use that skill set for the betterment of his country.
                        This in the summer where basically the entire A-team for the US is skipping the Olympics?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          This in the summer where basically the entire A-team for the US is skipping the Olympics?
                          There are enough B listers to win gold. We can't even QUALIFY without our A listers. There's no excuse period. Don't forget we have roughly 1/10th population of US. Missing Olympics due to injury is different than just not showing up. Imagine the furor if for Winter Olympics Sidney Crosby decided just not to play....

Comment

There are enough B listers to win gold. We can't even QUALIFY without our A listers. There's no excuse period. Don't forget we have roughly 1/10th population of US. Missing Olympics due to injury is different than just not showing up. Imagine the furor if for Winter Olympics Sidney Crosby decided just not to play....
                            Lithuania has roughly 1/10th of the population of Canada.

On another note, Venezuela is pulling a real stinker against Serbia tonight. Down 21 at the half. Saric and Hezonja are not on the Serbian roster. Jokic is the only NBAer.

Comment

I guess? What does whether the B-listers are good enough have to do with anything? The other played still bailed. The only difference is the depth the Americans have, they'll still be good regardless.

Remember this isn't players skipping the Olympics. This is players skipping a qualifying tourney after attending one last summer (and failing to qualify then against lesser competition).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I guess? What does whether the B-listers are good enough have to do with anything? The other played still bailed. The only difference is the depth the Americans have, they'll still be good regardless.

Remember this isn't players skipping the Olympics. This is players skipping a qualifying tourney after attending one last summer (and failing to qualify then against lesser competition).
                                I just think it's too easy to let the non-injured Canadian NBA players off the hook...I love the fact that Tristan Thompson showed up to player after the NBA finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X