No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmed Ali scored 103 in a game last year, that count?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/a...ts-in-hs-game/

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ebonhawke;691031]Ahmed Ali scored 103 in a game last year, that count?

[url]http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/ahmed

The fact that feat came against C.W. Jefferys ( usually a power house ) makes me impressed ...

Comment

• It was late and in a loss but Murray might be starting to find his touch

https://youtu.be/CWco83ocS88

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          It was late and in a loss but Murray might be starting to find his touch

https://youtu.be/CWco83ocS88
          Joseph PG Murray SG Wiggins Kelly Olynyk PF Tristan C .... Dwight Powell PF Trey Lyles F Nik Stauskas G Brady Heslip , Tyler Ennis , Anthony Bennet .. and Andrew Nicholson

12 Team Dream Team !!! Canada's version

Is anybody in NCAA this year that could be a lottery pick ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Is anybody in NCAA this year that could be a lottery pick ?
            Unlikely. Either of Brooks or Boucher (both with Oregon) are likely second-rounders who could get into the late first with a great season, but Boucher is that unfortunate mix of old and raw (by NCAA standards), and Brooks doesn't have the long arms that you need to be a high pick. Justin Jackson has a shot at being a lottery pick, but probably not as a one-and-done. If he has a great shooting season, then maybe he does declare and has a shot.

And to me, Jackson is the missing piece for the Team Canada roster, and not just because he's at our weakest position. An incredibly long (7'3" wingspan) SF who can rebound, ball-handle in the pick-and-roll and defend well... he's the perfect compliment to the other skills and weaknesses on this hypothetical team.

Then there are guys like XRM, Duane Notice, Gill-Ceasar, who were at one point touted as the next great Canadians and haven't yet proved themselves at the NBA, or more under the radar guys like Egi or Shayok. Hard to say that any of them will get on the NBA radar at this point. But you certainly would never have looked at Boucher two years ago when he was in Juco and thought he'd ever be on anyone's draft board.

Other than Jackson, Barrett and Shittu are the next likely Canadian lottery picks and they're a few years away (I think Shittu will be in the NCAA next year, Barrett the year after, and Shittu may not be one-and-done but Barrett likely will be).
            Last edited by octothorp; Thu Nov 17, 2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              Unlikely. Either of Brooks or Boucher (both with Oregon) are likely second-rounders who could get into the late first with a great season, but Boucher is that unfortunate mix of old and raw (by NCAA standards), and Brooks doesn't have the long arms that you need to be a high pick. Justin Jackson has a shot at being a lottery pick, but probably not as a one-and-done. If he has a great shooting season, then maybe he does declare and has a shot.

And to me, Jackson is the missing piece for the Team Canada roster, and not just because he's at our weakest position. An incredibly long (7'3" wingspan) SF who can rebound, ball-handle in the pick-and-roll and defend well... he's the perfect compliment to the other skills and weaknesses on this hypothetical team.

Then there are guys like XRM, Duane Notice, Gill-Ceasar, who were at one point touted as the next great Canadians and haven't yet proved themselves at the NBA, or more under the radar guys like Egi or Shayok. Hard to say that any of them will get on the NBA radar at this point. But you certainly would never have looked at Boucher two years ago when he was in Juco and thought he'd ever be on anyone's draft board.

Other than Jackson, Barrett and Shittu are the next likely Canadian lottery picks and they're a few years away (I think Shittu will be in the NCAA next year, Barrett the year after, and Shittu may not be one-and-done but Barrett likely will be).
              Thanks for taking the time to answer my question ..

Looked up Justin Jackson ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifD0p4spK4

Comment

• Nik and Wiggins combine for 48 pts

Comment

• I like Boucher. Could see him as the sort of player Masai reaches for with another late first rounder.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I like Boucher. Could see him as the sort of player Masai reaches for with another late first rounder.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTxhF3kYN8

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Thanks for that ... I wasn't sure ...

In Game 4, Nash scored a career-high 48 points on 71 percent (20-of-28) shooting in a losing effort, as Dallas evened the series.
                      Damn that's a higher personal best than I thought for ol steven
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sauce Castillo is playing more like his Michigan days this yr

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Sauce Castillo is playing more like his Michigan days this yr
                          It was all that practice time this summer

Comment

• Jackson is off to a really solid start. He had a 5-7 from 3 game last week where some of those threes were a big part of a come-from behind run; tonight, another big 3 in overtime, and he's still over 50% for the season through 20+ attempts. His rebounding is also really solid, 6 offensive rebounds tonight and averaging 3+ offensive rebounds per game and 7+ total per night, which is great production off the wing to go with solid scoring. Of course, usual caveat that Maryland isn't playing a lot of tough teams... on the other hand, they've been in a lot of close games which is great for his experience.

Comment

• Murray is West rookie of the month for November. He's ballin'

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Murray is West rookie of the month for November. He's ballin'
                                And he started like steaming pile of turd

Hey new orleans, howdya like your buddy hield?

Comment

Working...
                                X