X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah I think Nurse deserves "some" credit.

guyroach saying he had zero influence is just not true.

Shai committed to playing while Nurse was still in charge. That alone proves he deserves some credit. He recruited pretty hard to get Canada's best players to actually consider suiting up for Canada.
    I was just saying .. He may have had some influence ( being a NBA coach with a Championship ring ) in the participation
    of the guys in this camp .. But not with the growth of Canada basketball .. Although Nurse is gone and
    guys still going to play for Canada and so that means they want to play for Canada and it's not for loyality
    for Nurse .. It's not like Leo Kid who stopped playing for Canada when Jay was fired ..

Murray always had a passion to play for Canada ( Don't think Nurse had influence ) .. Barret is here cause he grew
    up with his dad playing for Canada .. Kelly and Powel and Cory always show up .. Dillon Brooks played for
    Canada pre Nurse .. SGA maybe the one guy that I see Nurse influenced ..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Give a credit where its due. Smh. This iteration of Canada's team was due to Nurses and Rowans efforts. Jordi wasn't out there talking to players after Sac games.
    Yeah I think Nurse deserves "some" credit.

guyroach saying he had zero influence is just not true.

Shai committed to playing while Nurse was still in charge. That alone proves he deserves some credit. He recruited pretty hard to get Canada's best players to actually consider suiting up for Canada.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Give a credit where its due. Smh. This iteration of Canada's team was due to Nurses and Rowans efforts. Jordi wasn't out there talking to players after Sac games.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Aug 3, 2023, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yep. But people on here are dapping up Nurse for "building the foundation of Canada Basketball" to the level where it is now. That's a joke. The Carter Effect had a way bigger impact, because it made basketball a cool sport for kids in Canada to take seriously at a young age and the Raptors helped with the grassroots programs. But again, people just love to give Nurse out-sized credit for everything, for some strange reason.
    Nick Nurse has zero influence . Heck Nick got Wiggins to come once ... If he was so influential I think Wiggins would have played more then once for Nick .. At the last worlds the story was " is Cory Joseph coming or not " Kept us in limbo .. Cory wasn't
    running to play for Nick .. We got out of shape Cory at the Worlds

MLSE has a relationship with Canada basketball and that is why every time a Canadian player came into town we
    celebrated them .. I don't think we should be praising Nick ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

The foundation can't be about the coach cause whose to say our coach gets a head coaching gig next year and we might again be scrambling to get another coach .
    In Canada basketball we have seen a lot of great individual results but we need this team to accomplish something great on a world stage and that will build momentum . Rewind ... if Canada beat Venezuela in that game we remember it would have done wonders for the program . Players like Wiggins might have been excited to come more often and play for Canada .
    Yep. But people on here are dapping up Nurse for "building the foundation of Canada Basketball" to the level where it is now. That's a joke. The Carter Effect had a way bigger impact, because it made basketball a cool sport for kids in Canada to take seriously at a young age and the Raptors helped with the grassroots programs. But again, people just love to give Nurse out-sized credit for everything, for some strange reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X