Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    Is it just me but why is money such a big deal with our Canadian and Men's soccer program but it is such a non story with our mens
    and woman's basketball program .

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Well they kind of did quit during the Nash era, after the Venezuela fiasco, until Barrett brought the program back.
    I don't think Nash was ever fully on board and his locality to Jay may have been his downfall .. With Nash status in
    the league he could have got a name coach to coach the team ..

Guys .. The U.S team is full of new players and it seems to get a commitment from beyond one tournament is hard for the U.S too .
    so what Wiggins is doing isn't that unusual when we are compared to the U.S program ..

We should celebrate who is there now and are version of the Canadian dream team has finally arrived . The argument of
    why they are there does it really matter .. they are here ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

So if Barrett quit as GM you think everyone would decide to quit team Canada?
    Well they kind of did quit during the Nash era, after the Venezuela fiasco, until Barrett brought the program back.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Not everyone but yeah some. RJ for example likely would have.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Obviously Rowan Barrett gets the most recognition. He's the GM. It's like saying Casey or Nurse had more of a hand on who was on the Raptors over Masai. I don't know how important it was for Nurse to be there. But he was the guy doing press conferences, interviews, etc as well. And maybe some Canuck decided to join the team because they wanted to play for him. I remember him doing some dinner or something with Jamal, and a few other Canadian athletes. It was some special on Sportsnet or CBC. Was really boring. But Nick was working for Team Canada and he needs to be appreciated. Just like Malone back in the day did.

But ultimately Barret was the guy that got Murray and SGA to sign up. And once you have those two, the rest were easier to get. And I do believe having RJ in his back pocket helped Rowan as well with the recruiting. Players follow players for the most part.

And I mean its not like everyone decided to quit once Nick quit. They are all still there even though it's Jordi's team now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X