X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

I do agree that if Nurse convinced SGA to play for Canada he should be given props but again I am
    saying what proof is that the case ? SGA cousin has been loyally playing for Canada and
    maybe his cousin had some influence .. Could we say that SGA is healthy and has a long
    term deal and this is finally the time where everything works out that he can play for the National
    team ..

Lets not just make this a Canada thing ... U.S.A isn't sending their A team .. This will always
    be a issue for U.S and Canada who don't value playing for your country as much as other
    FIBA countries ..

Because last time SGA played for Canada was 2016 and now he committed for 3 years

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

No one said Nurse influenced Canada basketball. They said he got the top guys to commit to play for Canada, and that's true, he was in charge when they committed.

You also cannot understate the value of Shai suiting up. The best player Canada has, that's not insignificant.

Nurse played a part in how we're about to field the best team Canada has ever had.

I do agree that if Nurse convinced SGA to play for Canada he should be given props but again I am
    saying what proof is that the case ? SGA cousin has been loyally playing for Canada and
    maybe his cousin had some influence .. Could we say that SGA is healthy and has a long
    term deal and this is finally the time where everything works out that he can play for the National
    team ..

Lets not just make this a Canada thing ... U.S.A isn't sending their A team .. This will always
    be a issue for U.S and Canada who don't value playing for your country as much as other
    FIBA countries ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

No one said Nurse influenced Canada basketball. They said he got the top guys to commit to play for Canada, and that's true, he was in charge when they committed.

You also cannot understate the value of Shai suiting up. The best player Canada has, that's not insignificant.

Nurse played a part in how we're about to field the best team Canada has ever had.
    Shai played for Team Canada as a junior. They all pretty much did. Nurse didn’t grow grassroots basketball in Canada and he didn’t give the current NBA players any more passion for representing our country than they already had. Those 2 elements are like 99% of what is necessary.

Just like the Raps chip, Nurse jumped on a talent bandwagon… but even so he fumbled it in 2020 with a stacked squad. Nash was honest about why he became GM… because of Canada’s rising talent pool, but like Nurse, he squandered it.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

I was just saying .. He may have had some influence ( being a NBA coach with a Championship ring ) in the participation
    of the guys in this camp .. But not with the growth of Canada basketball .. Although Nurse is gone and
    guys still going to play for Canada and so that means they want to play for Canada and it's not for loyality
    for Nurse .. It's not like Leo Kid who stopped playing for Canada when Jay was fired ..

Murray always had a passion to play for Canada ( Don't think Nurse had influence ) .. Barret is here cause he grew
    up with his dad playing for Canada .. Kelly and Powel and Cory always show up .. Dillon Brooks played for
    Canada pre Nurse .. SGA maybe the one guy that I see Nurse influenced ..

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nurse set the standard for these guys. He straight up said can't commit for multiple years don't bother and that resonated with players. And some guys like Wiggins took a hike.

Canada basketball before was straight up begging guys to show up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X