X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    NIK STAUSKAS sighting .. He scored 33 points 9 boards for GRAND RAPIDS GOLD ..

Surprised Nik did not seek out a big Euro contract as he doesn't have many high income earning years left at 28. Maybe he parlays some hot shooting into a Call up, but through 17 games he is 37% from 3 as a vet, not great. Good luck to him!

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    NIK STAUSKAS sighting .. He scored 33 points 9 boards for GRAND RAPIDS GOLD ..

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Great effort both games. Nothing but respect for these guys.
    I wonder how much more Wiltjer could have helped this summer or any PG instead of Joseph ( I love he always plays for Canada but he was horrible ) ..

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Great effort both games. Nothing but respect for these guys.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    USA lost to Mexico last night and barley won the night before. The US sends a bunch of G-League guys, it makes a difference that we get a couple of our top Euro pros like Wiltjer to really help us have an easier road to qualification. The points for and against in this format move on with you as you advance so winning by 30-40 can help with placement.

Standings after first window https://www.google.com/search?q=fiba...8zh4;st;fp;1;;

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Another decisive win.

Wiltjer killing it. Both games.

The sharpshooter who stays sharp.

Credit to all these guys. I imagine it could feel like a bit of a thankless job to go out and win these qualifying games, only to have to cede their roles when the NBA guys eventually come into play.

Canada thanks you for your efforts, gents.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    In other games ... The U.S just barely snuck by Cuba and they are on the verge of losing today against Mexico

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Second game of the back to back on today. Looking forward to seeing if Wiltjer goes of again or if Canada goes uses the gravity he creates and gets someone else going.
    It seems he is starting where he left off . 16 points in the 1st half

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Second game of the back to back on today. Looking forward to seeing if Wiltjer goes off again or if Canada uses the gravity he creates and gets someone else going.
    Last edited by WJF; Mon Nov 29, 2021, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Wow what a great game to watch . For a team with very little practice time they showed some amazing ball movement and wow and some great shooting .. They scored 115 points to come away with a 40 point win .

Canada v Bahamas boxscore - FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Americas Qualifiers - 28 November - FIBA.basketball

Last edited by guyroch; Sun Nov 28, 2021, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

That looks like the probable starters. Not sure how much size Bahamas has, could see Anthony Bennett in the mix. He's had a decent start to the year shooting the ball in Europe.
    I don't believe it matters what size Bahamas has. They have only like 1 guy who is decent from the Euroleague (Travis Munnings) the rest are not up to par vs Canada's top 7 players. This is not serious team who's made up of a few guys who are not even playing professional basketball no more.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    A game on Sportsnet at 4:00pm Sunday and 4:00pm Monday I believe.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

That looks like the probable starters. Not sure how much size Bahamas has, could see Anthony Bennett in the mix. He's had a decent start to the year shooting the ball in Europe.
    I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned Kassius Robertson and Kenny Chery are 2 players that we should expect a lot from this weekend .

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I heard that Sportsnet has the contract for all the FIBA games for the next few years. I believe that includes men's, women's, U19 etc. Maybe soccer as well. So they will all be available on TV. Really looking forward to the basketball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X