Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    started a topic Canada Basketball

Canada Basketball

There were times we were just happy to sneak in and quailfy in Word Events ... This week 101-59 against Brazil , Canada 79-67 against Dominican Republic and 91 - 70 aginst Puerto Rico .... 3-0 and on off to the semi's in the FIBA Americas under 18 ...

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

Looks like Exum and Broekhoff are not playing this summer. That cuts into the depth of the Boomers.
    Ben Simmons confirms he is playing for national team .

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    How awkward was it for RJ for sitting there and having all the questions being about Zion . I know they are friends and he is happy for him but this is his big day and he is a after thought ... Saying that he maybe smiling cause his reward for not being Zion is going to New York or LA .. Although could the Pelcians make a trade with the Knicks and make Zion and RJ teammates ??
    Last edited by guyroch; Wed May 15th, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

I would think that Australia would use Mills as a scoring guard to help spread the floor for Simmons. No way if he plays he does not start. I think you would go with Mills, Ingles, and Simmons as your perimter players, maybe even add in Deledova and shift Simmons to the 4 spot but with major ball handling responsibilities.
    Looks like Exum and Broekhoff are not playing this summer. That cuts into the depth of the Boomers.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

They list him as a class of 2023 but say he is in grade 9. Do they automatically add a prep year to his timeframe? Unless my math is off, kids in grade 9 this year will graduate in 2022.

That being said, he would top the 2023 or 2022 rankings.
    Pretty sure Emoni Bates is in the 2022 class, and I'd be ok with him being over Fisher .. Bates is going to be good. They talk about him quite a bit in that NFB Series actually.

Emoni Bates, high school class of 2022, could lead next generation of players bypassing college for NBA

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Great series from the NFB called "True North". Keep an eye on this Elijah Fisher guy. #1 ranked Prospect in the 2023 class. There's like 9 or 10 epis in the series, and would recommend watching the whole thing.

They list him as a class of 2023 but say he is in grade 9. Do they automatically add a prep year to his timeframe? Unless my math is off, kids in grade 9 this year will graduate in 2022.

That being said, he would top the 2023 or 2022 rankings.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Great series from the NFB called "True North". Keep an eye on this Elijah Fisher guy. #1 ranked Prospect in the 2023 class. There's like 9 or 10 epis in the series, and would recommend watching the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I suspect Patty Mills would get the starting spot for team Australia, and not Simmons. FIBA basketball is a different type of animal from the NBA (or the NCAA).
    I would think that Australia would use Mills as a scoring guard to help spread the floor for Simmons. No way if he plays he does not start. I think you would go with Mills, Ingles, and Simmons as your perimter players, maybe even add in Deledova and shift Simmons to the 4 spot but with major ball handling responsibilities.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I suspect Patty Mills would get the starting spot for team Australia, and not Simmons. FIBA basketball is a different type of animal from the NBA (or the NCAA).

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post

Murray vs. Simmons is going to be really interesting... Previously I would have said that's the only position where Australia had a real advantage. At the moment that advantage looks much smaller than it did even a few months ago. Simmons will bounce back from this series of course, but I've never been convinced that his game will adapt that well to the international game at a high level.
    We both will agree that Simmons's lack of shooting might not work very well in FIBA basketball ..

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Jamual Murray in these playoffs is showing he is a world class PG ... In a world event Canada will never have to worry their is an extreme mismatch at the PG position . We couldn't have said that since Nash .
    Murray vs. Simmons is going to be really interesting... Previously I would have said that's the only position where Australia had a real advantage. At the moment that advantage looks much smaller than it did even a few months ago. Simmons will bounce back from this series of course, but I've never been convinced that his game will adapt that well to the international game at a high level.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Jamual Murray in these playoffs is showing he is a world class PG ... In a world event Canada will never have to worry their is an extreme mismatch at the PG position . We couldn't have said that since Nash .
    He has been there for the national program in the past. All crediut to him. It would be great if he continues to support it.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Is it just me or is it annoying to see Nik Stalkus on the air . He uses being a Canadian to get gigs cause if he was from Michigan nobody would be asking him to be on the airways but when being a Canadian means playing for Canada he says no .
    Actually, my thought was "damn cabbie and nik should be the full time panel. Rod and Leo were old and nerdy when they were doing the job in 1998, let alone now"

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Is it just me or is it annoying to see Nik Stalkus on the air . He uses being a Canadian to get gigs cause if he was from Michigan nobody would be asking him to be on the airways but when being a Canadian means playing for Canada he says no .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X