X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    started a topic Canada Basketball

Canada Basketball

There were times we were just happy to sneak in and quailfy in Word Events ... This week 101-59 against Brazil , Canada 79-67 against Dominican Republic and 91 - 70 aginst Puerto Rico .... 3-0 and on off to the semi's in the FIBA Americas under 18 ...

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The quote you posted said he has every intention to play in Olympics not the qualifying tourney? If he doesn't come to Victoria and the rest of the guys show up. I say fuck em if he tries to jump on the bandwagon only if we qualify.

Leave a comment:

replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Donnovan Bennett on his podcast " Free Association " said that Wiggins has every intention of playing in the Olympics .
    If he’s got his head screwed on right he’ll be a great addition

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Donnovan Bennett on his podcast " Free Association " said that Wiggins has every intention of playing in the Olympics .
    He would be the type to only follow others in

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    It not politics the greek thing has to do with the National League if i recall correctly. Pitino coaches Pananthinkos, the rivalry with Olympicaos is so strong that the the players on that team are talking about refusing to play for the national team if Pitino is in charge. Shows how strong those europeanen teams take their in country rivals. It's crazy but i almost kind of respect it in a weird way. Oh well it will help us if those guys don't show up
    Euro teams sometimes follow football club rivalries, and those can stem from straight up feuds. Non sport related, serious differences. I have no idea about this exact one, but "Football Factories" documentary showed light on it. Some of it is straight up scary.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    It not politics the greek thing has to do with the National League if i recall correctly. Pitino coaches Pananthinkos, the rivalry with Olympicaos is so strong that the the players on that team are talking about refusing to play for the national team if Pitino is in charge. Shows how strong those europeanen teams take their in country rivals. It's crazy but i almost kind of respect it in a weird way. Oh well it will help us if those guys don't show up

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-sh...chasing-dream/

This is the interview …Sorry I meant ex national team player Carl English
    I bought the Carl English autobiography, "Chasing a Dream" co-authored with Blake Murphy, as soon as Blake mentioned on his FB page that the Kindle edition was available. Just started it but it is a great read.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not sure what that means exactly, but it's getting exhausting hearing country, sports and politics in the same sentence
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-sh...chasing-dream/

This is the interview …Sorry I meant ex national team player Carl English

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Alex English was on the radio and said " If Pitino is coaching the national team then cause of country sports politics 3 to 4 players won't play for the national team in Victoria ..
    Not sure what that means exactly, but it's getting exhausting hearing country, sports and politics in the same sentence

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Carl English was on the radio and said " If Pitino is coaching the national team then cause of country sports politics 3 to 4 players won't play for the national team in Victoria ..
    Last edited by guyroch; Mon Dec 2nd, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Question .. With 100 percent participation. Could Canada field 2 teams that could finish 1st and 2nd in this tourney and other then U.S can any other country to that ?
    There's probably a European country or two that could put together a couple of teams that had the potential of finishing #1/#2 - because it's a short tournament, players who have played with each other in a system might have the opportunity to overcome a perceived gap in talent - can take a bit of time for a group of players thrown together to figure things out.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Question .. With 100 percent participation. Could Canada field 2 teams that could finish 1st and 2nd in this tourney and other then U.S can any other country to that ?

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Steamer3 wrote: View Post

Living in Victoria - few little tips...
    • If you manage to buy tickets (lots of buzz here) get your accommodation asap - that time of year downtown hotels will be full (Vancouver prices) AirBnB will also be scarce or v expensive. If youre driving off the ferry and dont have to be located downtown you should be able to find something nice.
    • The arena is an easy accessible walk from downtown - parking around is tight.
    • Ride sharing isnt on the island yet (apparently sometime after Xmas so keep an eye is Uber / Lyft is availible)
    • The ferry port / Airport is approx 30 mins away
    Closer to the time have any questions hit me up - im always on the forum (reading alot not really posting haha)
    That’s great thanks. Looking at booking a house close to DT so don’t have to drive. Sounds like we should get on it, thanks for the tips.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Steamer3 wrote: View Post
    Haha, a reminder of who we once were!
    I also like how the avatar just looks like its forever 50% done loading

Leave a comment:

Working...
X