Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it’s time to trade OG

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    big boi wrote: View Post
    I of course don’t want to trade OG, but I would like to somehow bring in more
    talent at shooting guard. Norm isn’t good enough and we cant continue to play our starters these extended minutes, it’s not sustainable for the season. And as game as Lowry and Fred are defensively, their lack of size will be exploited defending bigger 2 guards, not to mention it being hard on their bodies.
    I proposed something like fred and Serge for jrue holiday and okafor

    fred gives them long term ball handler for ingram and Zion, and Serge is still a great first big off the bench. Holiday has become the distant 3rd option on that team but he would be the clear 2nd scorer again over here.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #32
      KeonClark wrote: View Post

      I proposed something like fred and Serge for jrue holiday and okafor

      fred gives them long term ball handler for ingram and Zion, and Serge is still a great first big off the bench. Holiday has become the distant 3rd option on that team but he would be the clear 2nd scorer again over here.
      Jrue is the guy I would target if he is at all available. Great Defensive player, can play the 1 or the 2. Would seem to fit the culture.

      I’d hate to give up Fred or Serge for that matter but can’t think of any other elite 2 that plays defence that could conceivably be available. Fred’s value might be at an all time high right now.

      Jrue would probably have to demand a trade

      Comment


      • #33
        KeonClark wrote: View Post

        I proposed something like fred and Serge for jrue holiday and okafor

        fred gives them long term ball handler for ingram and Zion, and Serge is still a great first big off the bench. Holiday has become the distant 3rd option on that team but he would be the clear 2nd scorer again over here.
        Nokafor to Okafor
        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

        Comment


        • #34
          big boi wrote: View Post

          Jrue is the guy I would target if he is at all available. Great Defensive player, can play the 1 or the 2. Would seem to fit the culture.

          I’d hate to give up Fred or Serge for that matter but can’t think of any other elite 2 that plays defence that could conceivably be available. Fred’s value might be at an all time high right now.

          Jrue would probably have to demand a trade
          Jrue has everything except the 3-pt shooting and that's probably a deal-breaker for Nurse. Somehow, his 3-pt shooting has been getting worse as his career goes on. As we saw in the playoffs, you can sag off an inconsistent shooter like Eric Bledsoe, who is otherwise a very good all-around player, which allows you to slow down an unstoppable force like Giannis.

          The other thing is: why would the Pelicans want another point guard playing 30+ MPG, when they have Ball and NAW, who need minutes to develop? It would have to be a 3-way deal with a team like the T-Wolves who need a PG or combo guard.

          Comment


          • #35
            golden wrote: View Post

            Jrue has everything except the 3-pt shooting and that's probably a deal-breaker for Nurse. Somehow, his 3-pt shooting has been getting worse as his career goes on. As we saw in the playoffs, you can sag off an inconsistent shooter like Eric Bledsoe, who is otherwise a very good all-around player, which allows you to slow down an unstoppable force like Giannis.

            The other thing is: why would the Pelicans want another point guard playing 30+ MPG, when they have Ball and NAW, who need minutes to develop? It would have to be a 3-way deal with a team like the T-Wolves who need a PG or combo guard.
            Fair point re 3 pt shooting. He can shoot it but he’s not great at it. It appears that his % has dropped over the years as he jacks up more attempts. Perhaps more contested 3’s vs. wide open looks?

            The ball moves so well under nurse that perhaps it would benefit Jrue, but obviously I can’t be sure of that.

            He does have all nba defence tho.

            I agree very tricky to swing a deal.

            Also I’m not at all sure I’d want to part with Fred. I see the 2 guard as a clear area for potential improvement, but see no obvious way to address it. Before Beal was extended I wanted Beal. In an alternate universe Malcolm Brogdon would have been an incredible addition.

            I would dearly love for the raptors to be able to defend their championship and attempt to go back to back. I’m just not sure they have the horses currently and adding an all-star quality 2, that doesn’t necessarily handcuff them in the future / 2021, could really help.

            Comment


            • #36
              Pascal, Fred, and OG are my untouchables.
              I could stomach trading anyone else if it brought the right package to the Raptors. I agree we need a really good SG/SF type to get to another championship. Norm is just far too inconsistent, and nothing more than an energy guy off the bench.

              Comment


              • #37
                Those side-step 3s off the dribble had me going OOOOOOOOOOH GEEEEEE.

                Comment


                • #38
                  FVV-OG-Giannis-Siakam-Boucher

                  Nice starting 5

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    FVV-OG-Giannis-Siakam-Boucher

                    Nice starting 5
                    One of these things is not like the others.....

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      How is this thread still here??

                      Surely tenforthewin's lonely over in the trade proposals forum. Throw this over his way.

                      (If you can hear me ten, I appreciate you. Never change.)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        How is this thread still here??

                        Surely tenforthewin's lonely over in the trade proposals forum. Throw this over his way.

                        (If you can hear me ten, I appreciate you. Never change.)
                        Honestly I rarely ever see any mods here except for Joey.
                        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X