No announcement yet.

I think it’s time to trade OG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the the best things about these forums is that there is a separate Trade Proposal forum. Mods, please move this thread there so those of us not interested can ignore it.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Trade OG and Powell and get a real SG
      Financially it is not possible. You cannot get a real Shooting Guard, with their combined salaries. A 2 guard getting paid for 12-13 million is a lesser player to either of them.

Unless you add one of Ibaka or Gasol’s salaries in a package with OG and Norm can possibly get you an impactful player who can make this team a legitimate contender again.

Jrue or Oladipo (still in recovery) or maybe Beal? Possibly Beal can move the needle. But that would mean losing Serge or Gasol with OG.

Klay is still injured and very doubtful Warriors will trade one of their franchise player.

I hope you dont consider Derozan as a “real SG” Unless we have to endure again iso ball/ non defender cannot shoot the three flawed player.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        His father died. His appendix burst on him, and now he got clawed in the eye with such force that his contacts popped out. Yeah made of glass that guy.

The only significant injury was the one in college, where he tore his ACL. He was only what 18-19 at the time.
        Wasn't he also suffering from a concussion early on in 2019?

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Financially it is not possible. You cannot get a real Shooting Guard, with their combined salaries. A 2 guard getting paid for 12-13 million is a lesser player to either of them.

Unless you add one of Ibaka or Gasol’s salaries in a package with OG and Norm can possibly get you an impactful player who can make this team a legitimate contender again.

Jrue or Oladipo (still in recovery) or maybe Beal? Possibly Beal can move the needle. But that would mean losing Serge or Gasol with OG.

Klay is still injured and very doubtful Warriors will trade one of their franchise player.

I hope you dont consider Derozan as a “real SG” Unless we have to endure again iso ball/ non defender cannot shoot the three flawed player.
          Beal can't be traded this year since he signed an extension.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post

Wasn't he also suffering from a concussion early on in 2019?
            Oh yeah.. right forgot about that:
            https://www.tsn.ca/anunoby-leaves-ga...jury-1.1280273

Still wouldn't call him injury prone though.

Comment

Oh yeah.. right forgot about that:
              https://www.tsn.ca/anunoby-leaves-ga...jury-1.1280273

Still wouldn't call him injury prone though.
              Agreed. Dude just has bad luck. He's not a glass ballerina like Gordon Hawyward ffs

Comment

Beal can't be traded this year since he signed an extension.
                Thanks for pointing it out...Mixxoar also mentioned that recently.

As you said on your previous post a few days back that Masai will just stand pat which I also suspect.

If in case he makes a move, it will likely be a very minor tweak by addressing a 3rd PG. Though TD is showing that he can be that guy.

Comment

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Thanks for pointing it out...Mixxoar also mentioned that recently.

As you said on your previous post a few days back that Masai will just stand pat which I also suspect.

If in case he makes a move, it will likely be a very minor tweak by addressing a 3rd PG. Though TD is showing that he can be that guy.
                    I do not think Nurse will play TD as a point guard, as this will be a misuse for him. He is a rebounder, a slasher and he moves very well without the ball. If you move him to the PG position then you are not using his full package.

Comment

Everyone knows you win championships with shooting guards. CJ McConnell and we'd be a shoe-in!

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                        Pleading the fifth, dont want to embarrass myself more

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

I do not think Nurse will play TD as a point guard, as this will be a misuse for him. He is a rebounder, a slasher and he moves very well without the ball. If you move him to the PG position then you are not using his full package.
                          IMO Powell could be the odd man out before the deadline. His salary is enough to acquire a third point guard if they want TD to slide in to Norm’s role when he is gone.

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

Just like everything else in the modern NBA game, the traditional PG position is also changing. Teams are starting to have multiple guys who can shoot, pass or dribble, regardless of position. That’s partially what has fueled the Suns surprising turnaround. They can put 5 guys on the court who can make plays for others and shoot. Makes it harder to defend, instead of just one superstar PG breaking down the defense and creating for others. I mean that style kind of only works nowadays when your ‘PG’ is Giannis or Lebron. It doesn’t even work for Kyrie, who is the best creator off the dribble in the game.

TD can shoot, pass and dribble, so he’ll find a place in the rotation, once his BBIQ catches up with his physical talent. He’s doing great so far.

Comment

It's time to trade grindhouse.

I will accept a top 59 protected second round pick

Comment

I of course don’t want to trade OG, but I would like to somehow bring in more
                                talent at shooting guard. Norm isn’t good enough and we cant continue to play our starters these extended minutes, it’s not sustainable for the season. And as game as Lowry and Fred are defensively, their lack of size will be exploited defending bigger 2 guards, not to mention it being hard on their bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X