No announcement yet.

Game #12: Toronto Raptors 102 - Dallas Mavericks 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-2 on the roadie was obviously a good and unexpected result. If they'd been 2-2 going into the finale and won coming home, we'd all be feeling a little better this morning but I predicted a 2-3 result for the trip so I'm still pretty happy.

Should be a general lesson here for those who were predicting an easy win against Dallas. They're a decent team not to be taken lightly; can be beaten by a team as lowly as the Knicks and turn around and bite your team next...

Raps weren't tired, they were beaten. Rebounding continues to be an issue against virtually every team, free throw disadvantage (refs or not) is an issue virtually every game and this team misses bunnies and layups at an alarming rate.

You can't lose 2 starters for an extended period without feeling it eventually. Time to regroup and pick it up again for a nice homestand

Comment

• Paul George scored 37 points in 20 minutes, becoming the first NBA player to score that many in fewer than 21 minutes, and Los Angeles led all the way in routing the Atlanta Hawks 150-101 on Saturday night.

Kawhi sat out the game after a load management game with a knee contusion.

The only chance the NBA has this year is for Kawhi or PG to be injured for the playoffs

Comment

• First game of the year I missed, and it seems like it was a good one to skip. Tried to avoid spoilers but forgot to pause the ESPN app on my phone and it blurted the score to me. Ugh.

Looking at the boxscore, I can see Pascal had a rough outing. Fred had a whopping -22 and we only lost by 8. Looks like it was one of those we should have won but lost, like against Boston and LAC. Hopefully it doesn't become a trend. Norm looked like he had a good game. Our defense look like it held up looking at Dallas' efficiency numbers. Wright seemed to have a bit of a revenge game in him though.

Thought this one was going to be a gimmie.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          First game of the year I missed, and it seems like it was a good one to skip. Tried to avoid spoilers but forgot to pause the ESPN app on my phone and it blurted the score to me. Ugh.

Looking at the boxscore, I can see Pascal had a rough outing. Fred had a whopping -22 and we only lost by 8. Looks like it was one of those we should have won but lost, like against Boston and LAC. Hopefully it doesn't become a trend. Norm looked like he had a good game. Our defense look like it held up looking at Dallas' efficiency numbers. Wright seemed to have a bit of a revenge game in him though.

Thought this one was going to be a gimmie.
          Yeah the criticisms here are a bit harsh. Team was still undermanned and just like the Clippers game, was right there to start the 4th but just didn't have enough offensively to seal the deal.

Some of these game scores are insane. 150 points for the Clippers with main guys playing less than full minutes. Wot.

​​​​​
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Paul George scored 37 points in 20 minutes, becoming the first NBA player to score that many in fewer than 21 minutes, and Los Angeles led all the way in routing the Atlanta Hawks 150-101 on Saturday night.

Kawhi sat out the game after a load management game with a knee contusion.

The only chance the NBA has this year is for Kawhi or PG to be injured for the playoffs
            Meh. That's the Hawks we're talking about, their wing defence consists of Jabari "I-don't-get-paid-to-play-defence" Parker and a couple of rookies. I'd like to see him do that against a playoff team, and/or when Kawhi is taking half the shots from the wing. I'll wait for them to play together against real competition at least once before crawling into fetal position
            Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Nov 17, 2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Free throw disparity hurt. Rebounds again. Missed a lot of good looks and gave up too many easy buckets. Doncic was great. Siakam was not.

Wirh Siakam, that was a game where he was seeing lots of big bodies to maybe use that midrange game. It will come.

Good road trip overall.

Comment

• Celtics' win streak is halted by Excremento

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Celtics' win streak is halted by Excremento
                  Best post of the day

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

9/15 from the field, 2/3 from FT, 6/8 from 3, cant really complain about norms offensive performance...probably his best game this season.
                    Not complaining about his offensive performance. I'm complaining about him and Gasol missing bunnies. Norm missed at least three layups. Gasol missed (I think) 2 layups and two baby hooks. And on a couple of those Marc was in a position to shoot a wide open look but elected to put the ball on the floor and his back to the basket while he tried to bully his way to within 3 feet. When you do that, and you get within 3 ft, hit the damn shot.

That's my hot take for the game. Oh and Pascal completely losing his man after a switch. Happened too many times.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Celtics' win streak is halted by Excremento
                      I thought Sactown might be done with fox went down but there playing pretty well lately with buddy and bojan as the go to guys. I think they can hold on till fox and bagley come back. Especially with the slow start of portland and san antiono
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Not complaining about his offensive performance. I'm complaining about him and Gasol missing bunnies. Norm missed at least three layups. Gasol missed (I think) 2 layups and two baby hooks. And on a couple of those Marc was in a position to shoot a wide open look but elected to put the ball on the floor and his back to the basket while he tried to bully his way to within 3 feet. When you do that, and you get within 3 ft, hit the damn shot.

That's my hot take for the game. Oh and Pascal completely losing his man after a switch. Happened too many times.
                        Norm is constantly missing lay-ups / bunnies and Gasol going his typical 1 for 6. Notice he sat for the 4Q. Siakam getting only 3 rebounds is a telling stat. He was out there for 41 mins. No mojo last night. Back home for a bunch of games should help.

Comment

Pascal has at least 2-3 commercials out there now, Fred has a couple and Nurse now doing Fisherman's friends.
                          -Making a little bank in The North
                          And Pascal with a new Google commercial tonight.

Comment

And Pascal with a new Google commercial tonight.
                            And a new Sun Life commercial

Comment

• Game Day! But it's Charlotte game day.

Comment

Pascal has at least 2-3 commercials out there now, Fred has a couple and Nurse now doing Fisherman's friends.
                                -Making a little bank in The North
                                Nurse doing fishermans friends is hilarious. It's the most white boomer thing you could shill for this side of kirkland jeans
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X