Game #13: Toronto Raptors 132 - Charlotte Hornets 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #13: Toronto Raptors 132 - Charlotte Hornets 96

Well, we made it through the road trip of death.

We lost Kyle.
    We lost Serge.
    We nearly lost OG.

But we never lost our freedom.

We came out with our heads above water at a respectable 3-2.

Seven of our next nine games are at home, with the two away being spread out a week apart at the less-than-intimidating Atlanta Hawks and Orlando Magic. This stretch will be a great opportunity for our heroes to catch their breath and hopefully regain their health. It'd be nice if we can get a full squad back sooner than later.

TODAY!! --- GAMEDAY!!!

Tonight, we face the mediocre Charlotte Hornets, who, while under .500 at 6-7, are in fact in seventh place in the conference. Ah, life in the east!

So, we face Kemba tonigh--- wait

Oh, that's right. Nobody wants to play for you guys.

I mean it's hardly a wonder given how you treat your fans...

Ok... I feel really bad posting that, but I couldn't look away. Hope you're ok, lady. Truly. Yikes.

Hopefully our gents can look alive tonight and be ready for whatever comes their way. Hornets are young and have plenty of chuzpah.

And now for the stars of today's offering:

YOUR STARTERS:

And the villains:

GO RAPS --- LET'S GET THIS DUB.

Amazing work. Go raptors!

Comment

Goldblum never disappoints. What an excellent thread 😂

Comment

Goldblum don't need no load management. Write every thread like it's your last
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

King of the Gifs! Charlotte is actually a pretty good watch this year with all the young guys. Coming off back to back buzzer beater game winners. Expect it to be a semi close game but raps win by 6 in the end.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Hell yeah I’m pumped now!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Goldblum don't need no load management. Write every thread like it's your last
              A Monday night yawner vs. the lowly Horncats, suddenly becomes....

Best part of these threads is figuring out the opposition starting lineup. It's better than crossword puzzles or Sudoku.

Comment

Btw Stanley is out due to stress fracture which at this point don't really affect the Raptors.

Comment

That's a metaphorical line up I'd be proud of. Even had to google the Trump one but that probably had more to do with me not knowing there was a player on Charlotte named Washington. As mentioned above, the Hornets (had to google that too) have won their last two on buzzer beaters but counterpoint..Jeremy Lamb is no longer on the team. Which force will win out? Hopefully us. Go Raps.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    Charlotte is actually a pretty good watch this year with all the young guys.
                    This is a man who just loves ball at any level

Comment

The "Graham" cracker threw me off... thought that was a pop tart the first time I saw it.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        Well, we made it through the road trip of death.

We lost Kyle.
                        We lost Serge.
                        We nearly lost OG.

We came out with our heads above water at a respectable 3-2.

Seven of our next nine games are at home, with the two away being spread out a week apart at the less-than-intimidating Atlanta Hawks and Orlando Magic. This stretch will be a great opportunity for our heroes to catch their breath and hopefully regain their health. It'd be nice if we can get a full squad back sooner than later.

TODAY!! --- GAMEDAY!!!

Tonight, we face the mediocre Charlotte Hornets, who, while under .500 at 6-7, are in fact in seventh place in the conference. Ah, life in the east!

So, we face Kemba tonigh--- wait

Oh, that's right. Nobody wants to play for you guys.

I mean it's hardly a wonder given how you treat your fans...

Ok... I feel really bad posting that, but I couldn't look away. Hope you're ok, lady. Truly. Yikes.

Hopefully our gents can look alive tonight and be ready for whatever comes their way. Hornets are young and have plenty of chuzpah.

And now for the stars of today's offering:

YOUR STARTERS:

And the villains:

GO RAPS --- LET'S GET THIS DUB.

Epic.
                        Just epic.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 18, 2019, 07:21 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

This is a man who just loves ball at any level
                          They haven't got a lot of love but they are playing better then most people expected. The hornets game I've caught have been surprisingly decent basketball, they did the right thing moving on from kemba and just commiting to developing young guys instead of fighting for the 8th seed every year.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

They haven't got a lot of love but they are playing better then most people expected. The hornets game I've caught have been surprisingly decent basketball, they did the right thing moving on from kemba and just commiting to developing young guys instead of fighting for the 8th seed every year.
                            Yep..but looks in the east that 8th seed is gonna be anothr shitty 30 something win team..they might fall ass backwards into it lol

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              The "Graham" cracker threw me off... thought that was a pop tart the first time I saw it.
                              I forgot that Bacon wasn't starting and I was like that is some weird ass bacon

Comment

Working...
                              X