X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate decisions to be made

From espn.com:

Toronto has some limited salary protection players:
    Tyler Hansbrough ($3,326,235) guaranteed for $1,000,000 and to full if not waived by June 29, Amir Johnson ($7,000,000) guaranteed for $5,000,000, John Salmons ($7,000,000) guaranteed for $1,000,000 and to full if not waived by June 30

So decisions need to be made soon. Thoughts?
    Welp, that sucked.

Yes to Amir's extension, best wishes in future endeavours to John and Tyler.

Comment

This is really straightforward: the Raps will waive Salmons and Psycho T (or trade them, taking on another team's salary so that team can create cap space, in exchange for a draft pick) and keep Amir.

Comment

I'd keep Amir and Tyler, drop Salmons. But this still leaves us with some holes.

This thread is mostly just to draw attention to the fact that these decisions need to be made this week.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Hansbrough could end up being our 5th big (behind Jonas, Amir, Patterson, and potential rookie). Don't think he's worth holding onto.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            Yes to Amir's extension, best wishes in future endeavours to John and Tyler.
            Only caveat: if not traded before their deadlines.

Other than that, shut 'er down!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Hansbrough could end up being our 5th big (behind Jonas, Amir, Patterson, and potential rookie). Don't think he's worth holding onto.
              And don't forget Dwane "VETS, get me VETS!" Casey's Kentucky alum buddy and master of the one legged, 22ft runner!

Comment

Hansbrough is a known commodity, just not a good fit for the Coach Casey and the Raptors. Not a stretch 4 and undersized as a back up center.

Comment

I'd keep Tyler. He's the scrapper. He's got a lot of hustle and heart. He needs to work on his offense and free throws though if he wants to play.

Dump Salmons. He's useless on both ends of the court. And that performance vs OKC, which started his slump i believe, was disgusting, considering he's a veteran.

Comment

Salmons is gone for cap space before free agency...Tyler might be good trade bait but Amir is staying.

Comment

When could the raps start trading players?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Salmons and Psycho T are just going to get waived, personally.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Hansbrough is a known commodity, just not a good fit for the Coach Casey and the Raptors. Not a stretch 4 and undersized as a back up center.
                          I'd add poor defender and very foul prone when trying.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            I think Salmons and Psycho T are just going to get waived, personally.
                            Unless traded, I'd be shocked if they're not both waived.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              When could the raps start trading players?
                              Day after the Nets eliminated us.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X