• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #15: Toronto Raptors 119 - Atlanta Hawks 116

HERE WE GO FOLKS...

THE CHAMPS ARE BACK ON THE ROAD!!

And I'll tell ya one thing...

The Hawks are shitting themselves.

Fun fact: Hawks are technically considered a raptor —— however, they're way fuckin smaller than our prehistoric selves and they're gonna get their asses devoured. (--- No, not in that way.)

These woeful Hawks possess the inverse of our impressive 10-4 record, at 4-10.

We'll be catching them on a back to back as they return from Detroit where they'll be taking on the Pistons on Friday night.

They've lost one of their top players, John Collins to suspension for using growth hormones. ... How's that working out for ya, John?

...May this also prove to be a time of great inner growth for you. We wish you well, John.

Unlike our much beloved Raps, who currently rank second in the NBA in average attendance according to ESPN, the Hawks, as usual, are right near the bottom, ranking third from last. So while we're down there in ATL at State Farm Arena, let's not expect to see a full house.

Some good news regarding Serge:

Some more good news:

WE THE CHAMPS.

YOUR STARTERS:

THE BAD GUYS:

LET'S GO TAME SOME BIRDS.

GO RAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Nov 21, 2019, 02:19 PM.

Ease up Man. You gonna have nothing left by Christmas. Gonna look like one of those Wacky Wacky Tube Men when they turn off the fan. Pace yourself...On the other hand, "Rust Never Sleeps." Might be "better to burn out than fade away."

Comment

Serious question: How do we split up the minutes when Serge returns so we don't lose the momentum we've gained in the last week?
      You almost want to have him eat into some of Marc's starter minutes and leave the bench alone.

Serge couldn't keep up with this bench

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Serious question: How do we split up the minutes when Serge returns so we don't lose the momentum we've gained in the last week?
        You almost want to have him eat into some of Marc's starter minutes and leave the bench alone.

Serge couldn't keep up with this bench
        I think cutting down on Marc's minutes makes the most sense. The guy needs a break.

Comment

Oh man, the Jon Lovitz gif. That SNL skit with Satan at the People's Court takes me back to when SNL was actually funny and must watch tv.

Comment

Chris Boucher is what I wanted Bebe and Bruno to be lmao. But biggest difference is Chris is not soft
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Atlanta has been pretty bad the last few games.

During their 4 game losing streak:

- Lost by 16 to the Suns
              - Lost by 49! to the Clippers
              - Lost by 21 to the Lakers
              - Lost by 8 to the Bucks

Young obviously is the only guy to worry about on that team. He can make some ridiculous plays. Shouldn't take anyone lightly but this should be straightforward.

Comment

Thanks GOATblum

Your encyclopaedic knowledge of obscure pop culture is unparalleled

Comment

Out of the three teams that passed on Luka, how would you rank them in terms of being comfortable with who they took?

I think it must be something like
                  Atlanta (Young+Reddish)
                  Phoenix (Ayton)
                  Sacramento (Bagley)

Like Kings fans are in full rage mode right now, I sort of feel bad for them.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Out of the three teams that passed on Luka, how would you rank them in terms of being comfortable with who they took?

Atlanta (Young+Reddish)
                    Phoenix (Ayton)
                    Sacramento (Bagley)

They all should feel uncomfortable, even Atlanta. That's like taking D.Will over Paul but 10x worse. Trae may become a perennial all-star but Doncic is headed towards GOAT territory.

Sacramento has Fox and Hield so their back court was set.. so I can see why they went with the best big available. But you take Doncic and figure out what to do with Fox later.

Suns made the biggest mistake. They needed a PG and their coach at the time had connections to Doncic as well. I mean Ayton is a good player but what idiots.
                    Last edited by planetmars; Thu Nov 21, 2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Chris Boucher is what I wanted Bebe and Bruno to be lmao. But biggest difference is Chris is not soft
                      Ya Chris reminds me of Bebe if he had swag and wasn't trying to be the nicest guy on the court.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Another reason for Giannis to want to come to Toronto, we'd get him Mike Holmes to make it right....

Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo is suing a home remodeling contractor he says failed to perform the work for which he was hired.

The lawsuit says Antetokounmpo hired David Gonzalez, of Cedarburg, to do some remodeling work at his suburban Milwaukee home. The work included painting, installing new countertops, flooring, landscaping and fencing.

Gonzalez, doing business as DIG Enterprises, did not immediately respond to an email for comment and his cellphone mailbox was full.

The Journal Sentinel says Antetokounmpo made a $40,000 down payment on work that was expected to top $238,000. The lawsuit says some of the work was never done or wasn’t done correctly.

Antetokounmpo claims Gonzalez fraudulently obtained more than $144,000 just for the fence project, didn’t install it or get the necessary permits.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          Another reason for Giannis to want to come to Toronto, we'd get him Mike Holmes to make it right....

Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo is suing a home remodeling contractor he says failed to perform the work for which he was hired.

The lawsuit says Antetokounmpo hired David Gonzalez, of Cedarburg, to do some remodeling work at his suburban Milwaukee home. The work included painting, installing new countertops, flooring, landscaping and fencing.

Gonzalez, doing business as DIG Enterprises, did not immediately respond to an email for comment and his cellphone mailbox was full.

The Journal Sentinel says Antetokounmpo made a $40,000 down payment on work that was expected to top $238,000. The lawsuit says some of the work was never done or wasn’t done correctly.

Antetokounmpo claims Gonzalez fraudulently obtained more than $144,000 just for the fence project, didn’t install it or get the necessary permits.
                          144K for a fence? Damm ill fly myself to milwuake and build giannis a fence if thats what there going for.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

144K for a fence? Damm ill fly myself to milwuake and build giannis a fence if thats what there going for.
                            Last year WE (THE NORTH ) were the Bucks' fence.

Yo, you like fences Giannis??

Come to Toronto -- we loves fences!!!!!

Americans hate fences. They're always like:

Amiright????

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Atlanta (Young+Reddish)
                              Phoenix (Ayton)
                              Sacramento (Bagley)

Has to be Suns nation feeling the most buyers remorse ...not only did they draft a guy at a position that’s not the most important position in the NBA...He got caught juicing.

Can you imagine if an NFL team with the first overall pick took an inside linebacker instead of a QB?

Thats what the Suns did
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 21, 2019, 05:47 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X