Game #15: Toronto Raptors 119 - Atlanta Hawks 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Out of the three teams that passed on Luka, how would you rank them in terms of being comfortable with who they took?

I think it must be something like
    Atlanta (Young+Reddish)
    Phoenix (Ayton)
    Sacramento (Bagley)

Like Kings fans are in full rage mode right now, I sort of feel bad for them.
    Most buyers remorse to least.
    1.Phoeix
    2.Sac
    3.Atl

Atlanta gets the lowest ranking cause trae looks like he will also be an all star an they also got the extra prospect in reddish out of the deal.
    Suns fucked up big time can you imagine a backcourt of booker and Luka?
    Sac had fox and he's looking like a stud at the time of the draft so they must have been thinking a big man. But it was pretty consesus that Luke and Ayton were the top two picks so reaching for bagley was quite odd.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

They all should feel uncomfortable, even Atlanta. That's like taking D.Will over Paul but 10x worse. Trae may become a perennial all-star but Doncic is headed towards GOAT territory.
      Oh I agree. All three fucked up. I just meant that of the three teams at least ATL can say, welp at least Trae is an electric all-star, so there is some consolation there. Plus they got Reddish, who I think will be a lot better than what he has shown to date.

Ayton is dicey to me because Suns fans said he looked like he hadn't worked much on his game this preseason. Then he got caught juicing.

Bagley could be great but I haven't seen enough of him to say for sure.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Last year WE (THE NORTH ) were the Bucks' fence.

Yo, you like fences Giannis??

Come to Toronto -- we loves fences!!!!!

Americans hate fences. They're always like:

Amiright????
        Berta's post was at 5:15....you had this posted at 5:29. That is some impressive quick thinking with the gif's.

Comment

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            I hope Lowry is taking more than enough time so this doesn't keep flaring up and then come March hes shooting 20% and playing through it again
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I hope Lowry is taking more than enough time so this doesn't keep flaring up and then come March hes shooting 20% and playing through it again
              Well, he's missing the Sixers game, so that may be some evidence that they aren't rushing him back. Look, I think the fact they are 10-4 and are winning without him (4-2?) helps keep him on the shelf.

Comment

I hate to dwell, but I'm going to anyway. Imagine Kawhi stayed with THIS team. With 2020 Pascal, 2020 fred, 2020 OG, Terrence Davis at the 2 or off the bench. Basically put this healthy OG in RHJ role and put Kawhi back at the starting 3. Pascal is now a top 15 all nba 2nd option. Fred is now the best backup pg in the nba easing lowrys load. Add a feisty Davis taking greens minutes and hell sprinkle in Boucher and thomas for injuries and rest days.

this team would not just be elite, we might be talking like 70 wins warriors and bulls territory. I think theyd roll Milwaukee over and beat lebron in the finals to go back to back

ok I'll stop I'm getting sad.

Comment

I hate to dwell, but I'm going to anyway. Imagine Kawhi stayed with THIS team. With 2020 Pascal, 2020 fred, 2020 OG, Terrence Davis at the 2 or off the bench. Basically put this healthy OG in RHJ role and put Kawhi back at the starting 3. Pascal is now a top 15 all nba 2nd option. Fred is now the best backup pg in the nba easing lowrys load. Add a feisty Davis taking greens minutes and hell sprinkle in Boucher and thomas for injuries and rest days.

this team would not just be elite, we might be talking like 70 wins warriors and bulls territory. I think theyd roll Milwaukee over and beat lebron in the finals to go back to back

They way i like to look at it is that OG growth would be stunted for another year. Ya itd be awesome if kawhi stayed for 1 more year. But what we have now is probably better for long term health of our program. OG and Pascal can take over and really learn how to be top end guys. They just have to show enough to entice a star next F.A period And with the breakout of FVV their well on the way.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

They way i like to look at it is that OG growth would be stunted for another year. Ya itd be awesome if kawhi stayed for 1 more year. But what we have now is probably better for long term health of our program. OG and Pascal can take over and really learn how to be top end guys. They just have to show enough to entice a star next F.A period And with the breakout of FVV their well on the way.
                    I wasnt suggesting only 1 year, I was suggesting an alternate universe where Kawhi loves it in toronto and spends his entire prime here and wins multiple titles. OG development is a nice silver lining but that alternate universe is pretty easy to imagine

Comment

I wasnt suggesting only 1 year, I was suggesting an alternate universe where Kawhi loves it in toronto and spends his entire prime here and wins multiple titles. OG development is a nice silver lining but that alternate universe is pretty easy to imagine
                      Ya that would have been sick, but it just seems like the chances of Kawhi being here long term was less then 5%. I thought one more year seemed like a real possibility tho. Lost in Kawhi going to the Clips. Is he has a player option after year 2. Same time when Giannis is on the market. If the clips cant get it done then does he consider coming back to T.O?
                      Also a good thought experiment while were on the topic. 2021 comes around the raps can get either 30 year old kawhi for a 5 year max or 26 year old giannis? which do you take?

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya that would have been sick, but it just seems like the chances of Kawhi being here long term was less then 5%. I thought one more year seemed like a real possibility tho. Lost in Kawhi going to the Clips. Is he has a player option after year 2. Same time when Giannis is on the market. If the clips cant get it done then does he consider coming back to T.O?
                        Also a good thought experiment while were on the topic. 2021 comes around the raps can get either 30 year old kawhi for a 5 year max or 26 year old giannis? which do you take?
                        I have to see giannis in the next 2 seasons and, more importantly, playoff drives before answering that. He needs to consistently shoot from range at an acceptable rate to ever become a better player than Kawhi.

Comment

Hopefully, some other elite dude sees this is a legit place to compete for a chip.
                          Welcome Giannis Alphabet .... a more likeable/marketable guy then Kawhi anyways

Comment

Did anyone catch the last game against the Celtics? Kawhi seems off, and it didn't look like rust. And they're only 15 games into the season. Kawhi is not Kawhi until the playoffs start.. but if he can't get healthy enough (and he doesn't have Alex to rely on anymore) him leaving us might have been a bit of a blessing. And I'm sure that's just a bit of jealousy speaking. I'd love to have him back lol.

Comment

I have to see giannis in the next 2 seasons and, more importantly, playoff drives before answering that. He needs to consistently shoot from range at an acceptable rate to ever become a better player than Kawhi.
                              He doesn't need to become a better player than Kawhi. He simply needs to fit with Kyle, Siakim, Fred, OG, and whoever else is around in 2021. That is a finals team right there. No telling where Davis, Boucher, RHJ, Norm are after this season and the next.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

He doesn't need to become a better player than Kawhi. He simply needs to fit with Kyle, Siakim, Fred, OG, and whoever else is around in 2021. That is a finals team right there. No telling where Davis, Boucher, RHJ, Norm are after this season and the next.
                                Sure, but I was just answering his hypothetical. Kawhi and lebron are the worlds 2 best players, and until Giannis is a consistent threat outside the paint, he ain't passing Kawhi

Comment

Working...
                                X